No announcement yet.

Hawai‘i vs Air Force: Chow to be Fired?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawai‘i vs Air Force: Chow to be Fired?

The Rainbow Warriors return to Aloha Stadium to face the third-ranked offense in the nation. The Falcons look good in the first two quarters of play — and are out to a 34-0 lead over dismal UH at halftime. Receivers continue to drop good passes by quarterback Max Wittek and turnovers continue to plague Hawai‘i’s fortunes.

Pretty pointless to discuss how this team can improve under Norm Chow, as UH administration will prove hopelessly incompetent if they don’t fire Chow after this loss. In order to save face, the team needs to move on. After 3 1/2 painful years, it’s clear that a pro-style offense — even modified — simply does not work here. We need to run a system — something that can give “less than blue-chip” recruits a chance to compete against more talented teams. Otherwise, The Rainbow Warriors need to consider dropping out of DI-A and playing in a lesser league.

Hopefully, Matlin takes care of business sooner rather than later. Announce Norm’s termination immediately following the game, so that coaching prospects can begin preparing to apply for the opening.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Re: Hawai‘i vs Air Force: Chow to be Fired?

Who, within the financial restraints of the school, will further ''improve'' the team when we already have the best available UH can afford?
    Amazing how some can't run coaches out of town fast enuf, even coaches who many hollered endlessly for.
    It took 5 seasons to recoup the loss of Coach Mac, and now we've improved substantially from 5 years ago, so naturally, let's repeat the same insanity so we never get out of the hole?
    We're in a competitive conference and losing to damn good teams while having some positives to show out of each game as we struggle to get better, which we are. We lucked out getting Chow after kicking Mac to the curb and at some point you've got to give a coach time to turn things fully around or it's a losing battle that will kill the team.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Well, Norm Chow was just relieved of his duties (i.e. fired). Personally, I don't think it matters who they hire as a new coach. The way college football is set up these days, Hawaii is going to be hard-pressed to come up with a winning team.

Comment

The only good news here is Chris is being retained, I'd like him hired as coach.

Comment

Bill Belichick is a good coach. But, he's no Norm Chow.

Comment

http://khon2.com/2015/11/03/june-jon...-coaching-job/

Integrity.

Comment

Cool, we might luck out again, but I hope Naeole remains a major figure.
              That's an impressive list of interested talent for the job, I'm surprised in lieu of the current pay rate UH can handle.
              June is the top preference but some will always bitch. What kind of doof says JJ's too old?

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                The only good news here is Chris is being retained, I'd like him hired as coach.
                Don’t know about being hired as head coach, but I agree he should be retained as an assistant by the next one. I like the way he is shaking things up. No one is saying Wittek is a subpar quarterback, but it is an established fact that the receivers — for whatever reason — simply cannot hold on to his ball.

Naeole uses tough love to lead team

Naeole said offensive linemen Dejon Allen and Ben Clarke, nose tackle Kory Rasmussen, defensive end Kennedy Tulimasealii, inside linebackers Jerrol Garcia-Williams and Julian Gener, cornerback Nick Nelson, and punter/kicker Rigo Sanchez have been named co-captains.

“We have a good mix of guys,” Naeole said. “The one good thing is they perform at a high level on the field. I need other guys on the team to start playing at that level.”
                Naeole names Woolsey starter vs. UNLV

Interim Hawaii head coach Chris Naeole announced Ikaika Woolsey will be the starting quarterback for Saturday’s road game against UNLV.

Max Wittek, who has endured knee and foot injuries, has started eight of nine games this season.

Naeole said Woolsey and Wittek have had equal reps in practices on Tuesday and today. Naeole noted that Woolsey “came in and he moved the ball.”

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                11 March 1993

Comment

I thought Max Wittek could play on Sundays. Unless he can read defense and get rid of the ball quicker, his height and arm strength is just potential not used.

Comment

Chow Fired, June Jones Hired?

June is the top preference but some will always bitch. What kind of doof says JJ's too old?
                    I don't think anyone who knows anything about football says that. June Jones is an excellent coach, no question. If he can just escape old rumors, I would think he would be the frontrunner — assuming UH administrators are more amicable to his expectations this time.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                    11 March 1993

Comment

Re: Chow Fired, June Jones Hired?

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                      I don't think anyone who knows anything about football says that.
                      Who do you know, and why even bring little known ''bullshit'' into the discussion? ''It's his if he wants it.'' fini

Comment

What kind of doof says JJ's too old?
                        Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                        I don't think anyone who knows anything about football says that. June Jones is an excellent coach, no question. If he can just escape old rumors, I would think he would be the frontrunner — assuming UH administrators are more amicable to his expectations this time.
                        Who do you know, and why even bring little known ''bullshit'' into the discussion? ''It's his if he wants it.'' fini
                        You readily call the football fan who denounced JJ’s age a “doof” yet when I say the same dude doesn’t know anything about football you jump all over me?! Settle down, kid. You’re making a doof out of yourself.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                        11 March 1993

Comment

Hey, I'm not mad at you, just keep it spirited without the drama. I appreciate your input, so you cool it. Besides, in review I see I misread your comment and you must have been aligned with mine
                          The ''bullshit'' was her words, the whole thing was irrelevant.
                          And I think Jones is a year older than me, so he's good to go for sure.
                          Jones should keep Chris, find a spot for Chow, and get Rolo back with Miano and Akina, etc., just go for the gold with an all-star staff and make the most out of this opportunity to retain top local talent. It's probably the school's last and best best gasp for top tier competition and ranking, which is the only way they'll ever put UH butts back in Aloha Stm. Jones will be gone in 5 years as would Chow, and the other top coaches would battle it out, settle, or find their way. If they all put the school first it could be incredible, but the school has to first be worthy of it.

Comment

Working...
                          X