Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember me?

The click-box in the login page where we log in that says "Remember me?"

I have no idea of the function of this click-box.

It seems to work same whether I check it or not.

Anyone know?
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Re: Remember me?

It keeps you from having to log in every time you visit. If it doesn't work for you, you probably have your cookies set to delete after every session. Do your "keep me logged in" settings work on other sites? Your email, Amazon, blogs, Netflix?
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

The Remember me? works on the following conditions:
      • The same computer
      • The same account on that computer (except using the Guest account on a Windows based computer)
      • The same browser
      • Using the same URL to access hawaiithreads (the browser thinks www.hawaiithreads.com and hawaiithreads.com are different URL's even through both of them gets to the same website)

What scrivener said about cookies also holds true after the above conditions are meant.

Comment

Thanks Scrivener and Helen. Now I know.

I log out each time, so it doesn't apply, I guess. I only have to enter my first initial and the login and password appear, but I thought that was just my (MAC) computer function.

Some sites I visit it automatically enters the login and password, others it does not.
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

If you are not sharing your computer/account with anybody else, then you can simply close the browser windows (all of them).

The next time you open the browser and then enter this site (hawaiithreads) it should be able to remember your username and password to hawaiithreads.

Comment

Working...
          X