Shirokiya Japan Village Walk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shirokiya Japan Village Walk

The Shirokiya Japan Village Walk open for business this week, the grand opening was this past Saturday (6/25/16) and Sunday (6/26/16). I didn't attend that opening, instead I went to it on Monday (6/27/16) and Wednesday (6/29/16).

It is located on the ewa side of the Ala Moana Shopping Center, first level where Sears Automotive used to be, of course they did tear down the Sears building and built another building in its place.

The two times I went was after 7pm on weekday night and it was packed. Buying stuff is not the problem, it is finding a place to sit after you purchase your stuff that might turn off people.

At least there are the ATMs from Bank of Hawaii, Central Pacific Bank and First Hawaiian Bank in the area.

Re: Shirokiya Japan Village Walk

Today (8/1/16) and a couple of times last week I have noticed that the amount of people who go to the Shirokiya Japan Village Walk has decreased to a manageable level. I say it is around 75% capacity as opposed to first month of being at 95% capacity.

I didn't see any empty 6 people tables but there were free spaces where one or two people can sit down and eat, drink and talk (assuming you are with someone else).

Of course this is during the week days and not the weekends.

Comment

There is still a good number of people in the place during the weekday but twice this week I was able to find a table for myself.

Also one of the vendors called Tokyo Hot Dogs is no longer there.

Comment

I tend to visit the Shirokiya Japan Village Walk almost 1 to 3 times a week mainly because of one their ATMs is with my bank. Today (7/5/17) is the first time in months since I have eaten there so I figure what the heck.

A couple of the vendors I used to visit from time to time are no longer there.

There are still crowds of people there but one can find a spot to sit, eat, drink and socialize.

Comment

Due to COVID-19 the Shirokiya Japan Village Walk has been closed. Because of back rent owned to the Ala Moana Shopping Center it is closed for good.

Comment

Working...
          X