Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: McDonald's Menu!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Oahu, Hawaii.
    Posts
    1,421

    Angry McDonald's Menu!!

    (Dec.6, 2016) - Oh my gosh hubby & I went through a McDonald's drive through, &.on their sign it says "Oreo McFlurry $2.19" ,in a small circle un able to be seen with the naked eye (until you actually look at it up close) it says" snack" what does that mean??.no one knows what that means!!! Then at the end on the cashier, we were charged " $2.89 " - WHAT THE ..?? that wasn't right !! I complained about it & wanted my exact change, then at the end I was the mean one!!! GAWD!!! we got the exact change anyway, but to them I am the one who's the scrooge. What the fudge?!!! I am.not working, I am the the one with the frozen shoulder , I get yelled at for getting the right Change because I felt as if they were doing the bait and switch or what ever you want to call it!!!! Actually when I went back myself to double check on the price, I saw this lady in her car at the drive through wanting to order the Oreo Mc flurry, I told her that at the cashier side they will charge $2.89 even though the sign says $2.19. , I was trying to show her my receipt, but I think she believed me any way.lol. I don't know if she declined ordering the oreo or just accepted the price that they will charge her $2.89. Who knows. At least i told her. I don't ever want to go to any McDonald's if that's the case with their prices from those idiotic Corporate chains. They can just STICK IT!!!
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

  2. #2

    Default Re: McDonald's Menu!!

    The Dillingham store menu says Oreo McFlurrys are available in Regular Size and Snack Size.
    McFlurry $1.79 snack
    McFlurry $2.39 regular

    I don't know why yours came up to $2.89. Did they tell you why that was the price they were charging you?
    Now run along and play, but donít get into trouble.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Lihue
    Posts
    2,117

    Default Re: McDonald's Menu!!

    Their menu seems to be purposely designed to mislead. Can't even find the value menu anymore. What do I look like, ordering those uppity Quarter Pounders?
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite


    flickr

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Oahu, Hawaii.
    Posts
    1,421

    Default Re: McDonald's Menu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Amati View Post
    The Dillingham store menu says Oreo McFlurrys are available in Regular Size and Snack Size.
    McFlurry $1.79 snack
    McFlurry $2.39 regular

    I don't know why yours came up to $2.89. Did they tell you why that was the price they were charging you?
    on the sign outside like Mike Lowery says " it's misleading " my hubby ONLY noticed it thereafter we payed on the receipt , & after I had eaten some already, that I went in inside, & that was when we the employee or mngr and i both went out to look, & that's when (this was after purchase ) she explained it to me what the difference was when it didn't even said so on the outside drive through menu !!. There was no explanation on the menu & no one upfront said anything, & supposedly we were suppose to know already the difference , when we clearly don't !!!
    Last edited by Serenity; December 7th, 2016 at 08:19 PM.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Oahu, Hawaii.
    Posts
    1,421

    Default Re: McDonald's Menu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
    Their menu seems to be purposely designed to mislead. Can't even find the value menu anymore. What do I look like, ordering those uppity Quarter Pounders?
    I totally agree, their sign menu is very misleading & STUPID !!! I think all they care about is money nothing more! ! Sigh !!
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Oahu, Hawaii.
    Posts
    1,421

    Angry Re: McDonald's Menu!!

    Oh gee!! It just dawned on me just now, dang it!!! , I should have taken a photo of the menu while I was there too, DOH!!! DANG IT !!
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Kapalama Heights.
    Posts
    5,198

    Default Re: McDonald's Menu!!

    I agree that the McD's menu is confusing at times, especially in a drive-through, where they're cramming as much info in a small space as possible; plus there's the social pressure to order quickly.

    But, Serenity. You seem to be extremely worked up over this. The person who took your order, when you ordered a McFlurry, should have asked if you wanted the regular size or the snack size. One of the reasons we love McD's is that it's fast and affordable. This means that sometimes we don't get the best-trained cashiers. Mistakes will happen. You seem utterly outraged, and this doesn't sound like one of those things to be utterly outraged about, if I may be so bold. Although maybe not as bold as your posts.

    I wish you peace. If I run into you at a McD's, I'm buying you a regular size Oreo McFlurry with the hopes that you find a bit of mellowness in the bottom of the cup. <3
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Oahu, Hawaii.
    Posts
    1,421

    Default Re: McDonald's Menu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by scrivener View Post
    The person who took your order, when you ordered a McFlurry, should have asked if you wanted the regular size or the snack size.
    - that's the thing , she didn't ask at all.
    One of the reasons we love McD's is that it's fast and affordable. This means that sometimes we don't get the best-trained cashiers.
    THAT is VERY TRUE.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Oahu, Hawaii.
    Posts
    1,421

    Default Re: McDonald's Menu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by scrivener View Post
    . If I run into you at a McD's,
    I am sorry for stopping /interrupting you right there, but... I don't & won't go back to McDonald's or at least IF at all, to that same one I ordered in, the one before that in a different location, actually showed what they meant in their menu outside, this last one on the 6th, didn't show what they meant on their outside menu.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Oahu, Hawaii.
    Posts
    1,421

    Default Re: McDonald's Menu!!

    Scrivener ... like I told Amati... " on the sign outside like Mike Lowery says " it's misleading " my hubby ONLY noticed it thereafter we payed on the receipt , & after I had eaten some already, that I went inside, & that was when we the employee or mngr and i both went out to look, & that's when (this was after purchase ) she explained it to me what the difference was when it didn't even said so on the outside drive through menu !!. There was no explanation on the menu & no one upfront said anything, & supposedly we were suppose to know already the difference , when we clearly don't !!! "
    __________________
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

  11. #11

    Default Re: McDonald's Menu!!

    I've boycotted McD's in the past, too, over their misleading info about their fries at the time. They'd made sure to let the consumers know that the fries were made with "vegetable oil". Mmmmmm sounds good for vegetarian customers, right? Well, what they got sued over was that they used beef flavoring in the overall production of the fries. "The natural flavoring consists of a minuscule amount of beef extract," the company said. "These fries are then shipped to our restaurants. Our French fries are cooked in vegetable oil at our restaurants." Like... ummm... the average vegetarian consumer would know to expect THAT!
    McD's ended up giving an apology and having to donate $10 million to charities. But I digress.

    Anyway, if it makes you feel better to avoid going there because of their untrained workers who took your order, then avoiding them is what you should do.

    You'd think they'd just have taken back the partially eaten McFlurry and refunded your money. It was a bad manager who didn't come up with that simple solution.
    Now run along and play, but donít get into trouble.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    902

    Default Re: McDonald's Menu!!

    I've always felt McDonald's menus were confusing, especially the drive-thru menu. Recently, I went into the Keeaumoku McDonald's and discovered they had changed their indoor menu display. For the life of me I couldn't find the prices, for one thing. Maybe they hadn't gotten around to putting it up at that time. Also, what I had come in for wasn't listed. It was the McRibs Extra Value Meal for $5.99 that was advertised in their window. I asked for that and the girl looked back at the menu and asked me: "Which Extra Value Number is that?" I looked at the menu again to verify that it wasn't listed and just told her: "I want what you're advertising on your outside window."

    I felt lucky I got what I wanted and for $5.99 plus tax as advertised.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Oahu, Hawaii.
    Posts
    1,421

    Default Re: McDonald's Menu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Honoruru View Post
    I've always felt McDonald's menus were confusing, especially the drive-thru menu. Recently, I went into the Keeaumoku McDonald's and discovered they had changed their indoor menu display. For the life of me I couldn't find the prices, for one thing. Maybe they hadn't gotten around to putting it up at that time. Also, what I had come in for wasn't listed. It was the McRibs Extra Value Meal for $5.99 that was advertised in their window. I asked for that and the girl looked back at the menu and asked me: "Which Extra Value Number is that?" I looked at the menu again to verify that it wasn't listed and just told her: "I want what you're advertising on your outside window."

    I felt lucky I got what I wanted and for $5.99 plus tax as advertised.
    Good for you 👍☺!!
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Oahu, Hawaii.
    Posts
    1,421

    Default Re: McDonald's Menu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Amati View Post
    I've boycotted McD's in the past, too, over their misleading info about their fries at the time. They'd made sure to let the consumers know that the fries were made with "vegetable oil". Mmmmmm sounds good for vegetarian customers, right? Well, what they got sued over was that they used beef flavoring in the overall production of the fries. "The natural flavoring consists of a minuscule amount of beef extract," the company said. "These fries are then shipped to our restaurants. Our French fries are cooked in vegetable oil at our restaurants." Like... ummm... the average vegetarian consumer would know to expect THAT!
    McD's ended up giving an apology and having to donate $10 million to charities. But I digress.

    Anyway, if it makes you feel better to avoid going there because of their untrained workers who took your order, then avoiding them is what you should do.

    You'd think they'd just have taken back the partially eaten McFlurry and refunded your money. It was a bad manager who didn't come up with that simple solution.
    I quite agree , i know I can ALWAYS count on your great/positive feed back !! Thank you
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •