Repealing of Obamacare (ACA)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repealing of Obamacare (ACA)?

A news article today talks about "Republican-led Senate takes first step to repeal Obamacare".

Politics aside, what has been your experience with Obamacare? [The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), commonly called the Affordable Care Act (ACA) or Obamacare, is a United States federal statute enacted by President Barack Obama on March 23, 2010.]

Are there things that were beneficial to you under ACA? I liked a few of the improvements under ACA that affected my medical insurance coverage:
    • children covered until 26 yrs old
    • elimination of denial of coverage due to pre-existing health problems
    • elimination of life-time maximum
    • preventive care, vaccinations and medical screenings cannot be subject to co-pay or deductibles
    • annual out-of-pocket maximum

I hope that the shaking of the ACA tree at least leaves in place those valuable coverage protections for the insured and their families.

On the flip side, even though my premium rates were not really affected, but I know some folks have experienced awful increases.

What would you like to see kept in place and/or changed with the probably ACA shake up to come?
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Re: Repealing of Obamacare (ACA)?

the ACA was / is a stupid mess that helped give us Trump and does stick it to many people, but overall it was very needed and eventually benefited the majority as intended. now, these jerks who have never had a plan other than screw everybody and hand any gains to the rich are gonna yoink it all away and make it a worse and far costlier mess than ever.

in 1 week we'll watch these sKKKum begin wreaking holy hell on what remains of America.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

A week away? What a thought.

The possible repeal is looming closer. The SA reports:
      Twenty million Americans are covered by Obama’s expansion of Medicaid or by policies sold on exchanges, and millions of others have benefited from the coverage requirements It has imposed on insurers
      "... benefited from the coverage requirements it has imposed on insurers.." That's MY family that benefits. Coverage for children till 26, no lifetime limits, and cap on annual out-of-pocket, those are the sort of things that benefit working-families like mine that have worked hard for many years for their wages and medical coverage.

Does it bother anyone else that ACA might get dumped without a replacement in place (heck, not even an idea of what that replacement might be!) ?

Comment

they're full on murderers, and most who voted for these sKKKum will eat it big time with the rest of Lamerica, people really have no clue of the unstoppable hell that is coming, and it's tentacles will reach far beyond just the ACA.

Comment

Hey there corporate America, don't want to pay an extra $3000 per worker for Obamacare - then move the Company to Mexico and lay off all your workers.

This is what that bum Obama did. It's no wonder that Obama never ran an successful business in his life.

They should have called it "F*ck Americans out of jobs care".

Comment

So how will Trump undo the ACA? The SA explains:
            Changing the underlying law would require Congress to act, but the Trump administration can rewrite regulations carrying out the legislation. New regulations cannot be issued overnight, but would have to follow a legally established process that requires public notice and an opportunity for interested parties to comment on the administration’s changes.
            What does that mean in terms of Trump taking action? Today, his first day as President, he signed an executive order that:
            The order directs federal agencies to stop issuing regulations that would expand the law’s reach. And it directs them to grant waivers, exemptions and delays of provisions in the Affordable Care Act that would impose costs on states or individuals, potentially including the law’s penalties on people who remain uninsured — a key provision. The order also says federal agencies must allow states greater flexibility in carrying out the health care programs.
            So is it sort of like there being a law, and no way to enforce portions of that law? Or maybe like having an escape clause so that states do not have to abide by portions of a law? Or starting the process of "Gutting a law"?

I wonder what other changes Trump can make administratively, without even needing to interact with Congress. Not only concerning the ACA, but other issues as well. Guess we will find out!

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
              Hey there corporate America, don't want to pay an extra $3000 per worker for Obamacare - then move the Company to Mexico and lay off all your workers.
              This is what that bum Obama did. It's no wonder that Obama never ran an successful business in his life.
              They should have called it "F*ck Americans out of jobs care".
              soon you'll be whining about those being the good old days

Comment

Working...
              X