"A Dog's Purpose" disturbing video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "A Dog's Purpose" disturbing video

No, I haven't seen this picture, and I don't intend to either. I don't intend to spend my $$ on a film that was made by what I consider abuse to a dog.

TMZ has posted a video of a dog being forced into rushing water, and the dog was obviously terrified.

TMZ reports:
    You can see a trainer forcibly shoving a German Shepherd -- one of at least 5 dogs used in the production -- into the frothing water, but the animal wanted NO part of it ... and repeatedly clawed at the pool's edge. Sources connected to production tell us 8 outboard motors were used to churn the water and recreate a rushing river. The dog eventually got in the water -- or was forced in -- but was quickly submerged.
    After being forced into the raging water, the dog is submerged and filming is halted while the staff scrambles towards the underwater dog.

I hope the film goes bust. There were plenty of witnesses to what was happening, and nobody stepped forward to stop it. At least, thankfully whoever was filming the video from behind the scenes put this out, and now the public can avoid supporting animal cruelty, by the withholding of their ticket dollars.
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Re: "A Dog's Purpose" disturbing video

This has popped up on USMagazine:
    The fallout continues. Amblin Entertainment, the producer of A Dog's Purpose, announced on Thursday, January 19, that it was canceling the premiere and press junket for the film amid controversy over a video that appeared to show a dog being abused during filming.
    "Fallout"...... yeah, you bet!!

Comment

Lisa Lang, of PETA, quoted in the LATimes:
      On Friday, Lange called for Hollywood filmmakers to use computer-generated imagery to replicate animals in movies.
      If “A Dog’s Purpose” had opted to create all of its dogs digitally, its budget would have quadrupled, according to producer Gavin Polone.
      In that case, Lange said, the movie shouldn't have been made.
      "If you can't afford to make a humane movie, don't make a movie," she said.
      Seems the PR hole just keeps getting dug deeper.

Comment

Just rename the movie "A Dog Porpoise"

Comment

Originally posted by DNR55 View Post
          Just rename the movie "A Dog Porpoise"
          I don't want to be insensitive go the plight of the dog in the film, but, your post made me LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
            I don't want to be insensitive go the plight of the dog in the film, but, your post made me LOL.
            I love my doggy but i also try to make people laugh.
            You gotta keep a sense of humor nowadays.eh?

Comment

A Dog's Porpoise... nice!

Obviously the dog was mistreated, but as usual PETA doesn't really think things through. If they were to go to CGI animals in all movies, they could show all kinds of animal abuse in movies. That would probably do a lot more harm than good to PETA's cause.

A movie is not inhumane simply because it has real animals in it.
              Matt

www.July171955.com

www.MouseColumn.com

Comment

Working...
              X