Non-toxic weed control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-toxic weed control?

Any home gardeners? Do you know of a successful non-toxic"weed killer" that can be used in the yard? There are several products that claim to be both effective and non-toxic, but reviews don't seem to support their claims. Have any of you had success with something non-toxic? Something you have personal first-hand knowledge of. Those word-of-mouth stories about what Uncle uses, etc, can be a wild goose chase. I'm done with those chases, I need some first-hand advice. [And, please, no hints on landscaping or watering or how to hand-pull weeds, I've already got that under control. What I need now is something to add to those methods... a dose of weed-killer. Thanks.]
    Last edited by Amati; April 25, 2017, 01:43 AM.
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Re: Non-toxic weed control?

I've found a product that is working well. I've applied it twice to my entire yard, and its done a very good job with about 80o% of the weeds.
    JH Biotech Weed Zap
    This contact, non-selective, broad spectrum, biodegradable, foliar herbicide is made from clove and cinnamon oils.JH Biotech Weed Zap will only control actively growing emerged green vegetation and controls annual and perennial broadleaf and grassy weeds. It will only affect plants that are coated with the spray solution and does not damage non-green woody plants.

Finding it can be a challenge, one source is that it is carried by some some Farm supply stores. It is a concentrated solution that is diluted and applied by with a pump-style-sprayer (luckily I already have one).
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Working...
    X