Aloha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha

I actually joined about 10 years ago but only posted a few times and I don't think I ever introduced myself. It looks like this board has suffered the same fate as many other message boards since social media came on the scene, but here goes anyway...

I live in northern California and first visited Oahu when I was 16 with my high school baseball team, in 1985. Next visit was in 1992 for a friend's wedding, and my wife and I became engaged on that trip as well. Next was Maui and Kauai for our honeymoon in 1995, and then pretty regular trips since then. We don't quite make it every year, but almost. We usually visit Maui now and we have a timeshare there. We can trade it out to visit other places, but we never have.

Hawaii grabbed me from that first trip. The people, the feel, everything. I know us mainlanders can cause problems, but my family and our friends always try to be respectful of everyone and everything when we visit.

Mahalo!
    Matt

www.July171955.com

www.MouseColumn.com

Re: Aloha

Hi Matt. Nice to have you checking in, but as you already know, it is slooooooow around here nowadays. Kinda peaceful though, if you want to put whatever thoughts you have without anyone disagreeing about what you wrote.
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
      Kinda peaceful though, if you want to put whatever thoughts you have without anyone disagreeing about what you wrote.
      This is simply not true.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Thanks Amati. Yes, very quiet. It's really interesting how so many boards have just died out, and it happened so quickly.
        Matt

www.July171955.com

www.MouseColumn.com

Comment

Originally posted by Amati
          Kinda peaceful though, if you want to put whatever thoughts you have without anyone disagreeing about what you wrote.
          Originally posted by scrivener View Post
          This is simply not true.
          Is, too, true.
          Greg

Comment

Hi Matt. Nice to have you checking in, but as you already know, it is slooooooow around here nowadays. Kinda peaceful though, if you want to put whatever thoughts you have without anyone disagreeing about what you wrote.
            Originally posted by scrivener View Post
            This is simply not true.
            Originally posted by GregLee View Post
            Is, too, true.
            I stand by my original statement and to heck with anyone who disagrees.

Comment

I stand by my original statement and to heck with anyone who disagrees.
              How do I find this place called "Heck?"
              a very few people were mean or abusive to me.
              Of course, they are gone now.
              Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
              ~ ~
              Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
              Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
              Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                Of course, they are gone now.
                Why do you insist they are gone?
                [Humm... I'm finding that it is actually kinda hard to disagree with everyone on everything in this thread...]

Comment

Working...
                X