Jose Canseco tweets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Canseco tweets

Is this a way to tank a career as a sports commentator? A hot topic in the news nowadays is sexual harassment. So, why did Canseco tweet this [USA Today]:
    "What is going on with all these politicians molesting women I've been molested by several women and never complained."
    Other tweets by him included:
    "Well I mean I've been beaten by women taken advantage of by women and molested by women I never complain but it was kind of a turn-on"
    "These women complaining against sexual misconduct are just racist against ugly men"
    So what is the problem he's created for himself? How about the fact that,
    Canseco, 53, is likely to lose his studio analyst job on Oakland Athletics telecasts as a result of the tweets. After a long estrangement from baseball, he had joined the NBC Sports California broadcasting crew as a pre- and postgame commentator last season.
    Why do many think he'll not be a rehire? Because....
    “Jose Canseco is no longer an employee with NBC Sports California. His agreement with us ended after the 2017 baseball season,'' the statement said. "We certainly don’t agree with his comments, which do not reflect the values of our network or our team partner.”
    What could have crossed his mind to make such off-base comments?
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Re: Jose Canseco tweets

Originally posted by Amati View Post
    What could have crossed his mind to make such off-base comments?
    He was bonding with other sports guys. Wink, wink, dig in the ribs, roll eyes. You know. But this only went out of style a few months ago. He's just a little slow, poor guy.
    Greg

Comment

Working...
    X