Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: Is Anyone There?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    Default Is Anyone There?

    Sure is quiet.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kailua
    Posts
    146

    Default Re: Is Anyone There?

    Quote Originally Posted by oldiron View Post
    Sure is quiet.
    LOL.

    I think this is what happens when bots & trolls are allowed to suppress dissenting opinions; you're left with nothing more than a boring echo-chamber.

    ...and once all of those echos die off, all you've got left is an empty chamber.

    So, welcome to the EMPTY CAVE that was once "Hawaii Threads".

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kailua
    Posts
    146

    Default Re: Is Anyone There?

    HELLO,

    ...HELLOo,

    ...HELLooo,

    ...HElloooo,

    ...Hellooooo,

    ...hellooooo,

    ...ellooooo,

    ...ellooooo,

    ...loooooo,

    ...looooo,

    ...loooo,

    ...looo,

    ...ooo

    ...oo

    ...o, ...

  4. #4

    Default Re: Is Anyone There?

    TO THE ENTIRE BOARD:

    I had my wife read my posts on the various threads from the responses I've been getting. Her response, "you're rambling. What are you trying to say?" That's when I exited the Board to reflect.

    With an hour nap in the past 42 hours so far, I thought I was logical, but apparently was not if my wife couldn't understand what I posted. So, I apologize to all before I call it quits for today and go to bed, finally. Tomorrow, I'll read what I posted to see just how illogical, maybe even wrong, I was.

    APOLOGIES TO ALL WHO READ MY POSTS!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever I am, I'm there
    Posts
    3,198

    Default Re: Is Anyone There?

    Quote Originally Posted by Troubleshooter View Post
    TO THE ENTIRE BOARD:

    I had my wife read my posts on the various threads from the responses I've been getting. Her response, "you're rambling. What are you trying to say?" That's when I exited the Board to reflect.

    With an hour nap in the past 42 hours so far, I thought I was logical, but apparently was not if my wife couldn't understand what I posted. So, I apologize to all before I call it quits for today and go to bed, finally. Tomorrow, I'll read what I posted to see just how illogical, maybe even wrong, I was.

    APOLOGIES TO ALL WHO READ MY POSTS!
    GREAT! Let's move on and leave politics out of it, both local and national. Yes, let's talk about local challenges, points of interest, news, and events. Let's debate the issues to no end, but let's stay on topic.

    I have offered a solution to homelessness in another thread. I think it is a big problem referring specifically to Hawaii. @troubleshooter what do you think? We just can't shoot these folks. What is your proposal to clean up the streets and get these people the help thy need. Let's be proactive rather than reactive. I am really interested in what you think (but on that other thread).
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

    People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kailua
    Posts
    146

    Default Re: Is Anyone There?

    Quote Originally Posted by oldiron View Post
    Sure is quiet.
    Sorry oldiron, but if I had to guess I'd say that whatever public funding that may have been used to sponsor this site in the past is FAST running out to where they can't even pay trolls to make timely responses to dissenting opinions (like mine) anymore.

    ...and while the low-information crowd remain all too ready to scoff at the idea that Hawaii Threads might actually have been designed to function as little more than a community-data-gathering propaganda tool functioning largely for the benefit of bureaucratic elites, never forget that many of them are probably the SAME PEOPLE who would NOT ONLY site the recent rise in social media outlets (Fakebook, Twitter, Snapchat, etc.) as the cause of diminished traffic to THIS site, but could also be expected to downplay the covertly illicit data-gathering practices attributable to these social media sites:

    https://thenextweb.com/facebook/2019...ata-about-you/

    ...even as these same social media sites conspire to willfully censor dissenting public opinions siting Identity Politics (racist, bigot, sexist, homophobe, etc.) as their justification.

    https://gizmodo.com/former-facebook-...ser-1775461006

    https://www.propublica.org/article/f...nts-algorithms

    http://www.facebookcensorship.com/

    There are more such links to reports about Twitter, Snapchat, instagram, etc. for anyone who who would care to simply look it up.

    This, of course, is what happens when "conspiracy theory" is resolved through documented evidence and becomes provable as CONSPORACY FACT.

    As for THIS site, well, YOU be the judge.
    Last edited by woodman; May 22nd, 2019 at 02:34 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii USA
    Posts
    5,248

    Default Re: Is Anyone There?


  8. #8

    Default Re: Is Anyone There?

    Quote Originally Posted by oldiron View Post
    Sure is quiet.
    Hey howzit! Where you guys goin?

  9. #9

    Default Re: Is Anyone There?

    Thanks for the replies. I was beginning to think that everyone had left.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    In retirement
    Posts
    428

    Default Re: Is Anyone There?

    Nobody post anything here; they just post links to other pages and the reader is off to another website.
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone."
    Ayn Rand

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kailua
    Posts
    146

    Default Re: Is Anyone There?

    That's certainly one way of looking at it.

    Another way might be (after reading through past posts) to simply conclude that site administrator having allowed forum vigilantes free reign to flame and insult members with impunity is perhaps serving a particular agenda through this site that may amount to propaganda.

    I pose this question again: Is this an individually sponsored site, or is this site sponsored by C&C of Hon, or State of Hawaii $$$?

    Jumping in to defend your pal who might work one or the other doesn't count. If ANYTHING, it just validates my point.

    Like I said, this site has become an empty cave because the closed-minded few who were DELIBERATELY AND WILLFULLY allowed to dominate it by belittling ANY dissenting opinions, and have turned it into an echo chamber that does NOT allow free thought and honest opinionns which do not conform to the forum agenda.
    Last edited by woodman; June 7th, 2019 at 01:16 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kailua
    Posts
    146

    Default Re: Is Anyone There?

    Well, since nobody is willing to address this topic, I think that it's important to bring it up, AGAIN.

    Site traffic is down to almost Zero (with NO adds), so where does all the money come from to sponsor this site?

    Here's my take:

    Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    That's certainly one way of looking at it.

    Another way might be (after reading through past posts) to simply conclude that site administrator having allowed forum vigilantes free reign to flame and insult members with impunity is perhaps serving a particular agenda through this site that may amount to propaganda.

    I pose this question again: Is this an individually sponsored site, or is this site sponsored by C&C of Hon, or State of Hawaii $$$?

    Jumping in to defend your pal who might work one or the other doesn't count. If ANYTHING, it just validates my point.

    Like I said, this site has become an empty cave because the closed-minded few who were DELIBERATELY AND WILLFULLY allowed to dominate it by belittling ANY dissenting opinions, and have turned it into an echo chamber that does NOT allow free thought and honest opinionns which do not conform to the forum agenda.
    I think people got tired of all the out-of-control "moderators" virtue-signaling through identity politics of manufactured outrage cloaked in what can only be described as a painfully obvious and artificially pious, self-righteous indignation.

    These rants were often delivered in an incredulous monologue of "Holier-Than-Thou" sanctimony belittling the author. And anyone who discovered that the Site Administrator actually allowed, facilitated, and gave summary approval to all of this knew that there was NEVER ANY REAL OPEN DISCUSSION ON THIS SITE when opinions and FACTS went against the agenda of the Admin & his designated Website Vigilantes.

    And as I said before, now, it's just an empty echo chamber.

    I used to be a moderator for a similar website, so I know it's not cheap to maintain.

    So my question sill stands: I don't care who the individuals name is who is listed as site "owner","superintendent", "operator", etc.

    I just want to know how much City, State, or Federal dollars are currently being used to subsidize it.
    Last edited by woodman; August 6th, 2019 at 04:25 PM.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Is Anyone There?

    Quote Originally Posted by 68-eldo View Post
    Nobody post anything here; they just post links to other pages and the reader is off to another website.
    There sure are a lot of topics at this site. A reader could do a search on a topic and then get some related topic in the search. Because everything you wanted
    to know about that topic is in this site. What? There's more!

  14. #14

    Default Re: Is Anyone There?

    Quote Originally Posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    There sure are a lot of topics at this site. A reader could do a search on a topic and then get some related topic in the search. Because everything you wanted
    to know about that topic is in this site. What? There's more!
    This is the part where Johnny Carson would say,"You are wrong,Internet breath."

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •