Rail use????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rail use????

Is anyone here planing to use the rail on a daily bases?????
    I don't live on that side, so my tax money is going to pay for something that's useless for me.

Re: Rail use????

Assuming the entire line goes to Ala Moana Shopping Center then my answer would be at least 5 one-way trips a week. Depending on the bus schedules it could go to 5 more one-way trips a week. Don't know about weekend travel but giving my travel habits then maybe one or two weekend travels per month.

On the other hand if the line ends at Middle Street, then my answer is no or maybe 1 trip once every three months.

Comment

Because there's supposed to be an Iwilei station a block from where I work, I'm looking to see if I can drive from my home in Mililani to the Pearl Highlands station at the bottom of H-2 and ride the rail from there. It could be faster than driving given traffic, but even if not, I feel like I could make good use of the time riding.

Comment

I'm betting it'll be plagued with issues from the start that will curtail ridership but hopefully no serious problems resulting in injuries or death, the latter will kill Kirk's dream. should all go well, we still need to know basics like fares, if they charge substantially more than The Bus then expect bus riders to stick with old habits after the honeymoon wears off. I've decided to watch the movie unfold from the cheap seats, my ventures to the outskirts such as Pearl City or Waipahu for shopping are virtually nil as it is and that's about the only use I'd have for distant travel within the routing scheme for rail. so, no, I have 0 plans to ride it.
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
          we still need to know basics like fares, if they charge substantially more than The Bus then expect bus riders to stick with old habits after the honeymoon wears off.
          From presentations that HART (and from this web page) has been giving stated that the fares on the rail system would be the same as TheBus. Also one can use their monthly bus pass to ride the rail or the day pass that one purchases from TheBus.

That being case one of the reasons why they haven't given a set price yet is because no one will know what TheBus fares will be like when the rail starts operation in 2025.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
            From presentations that HART (and from this web page) has been giving stated that the fares on the rail system would be the same as TheBus. Also one can use their monthly bus pass to ride the rail or the day pass that one purchases from TheBus.

That being case one of the reasons why they haven't given a set price yet is because no one will know what TheBus fares will be like when the rail starts operation in 2025.
            BINGO, you nailed it on both counts, thx. I expect to see at least $50 for Seniors soon, still a great deal, but wouldn't be surprised to see $100 in 6yrs. if rail is a success and TheBus is incorporated well then that'll be a win, but what a perfect world scenario! lol

Comment

We have trains - this is affordable transport. I often travel around the country or by train. I love the sound of wheels, but I don’t like the fact that the train has few outlets and charging a mobile phone or laptop is not real. But I found a way out, I bought myself a portable solar panel that helps me a lot during long trips. If you are interested, or you also want a portable solar panel, read more here https://www.aiper.com/.

Comment

The rail for the island of Oahu at most would be 21 miles in length. And I doubt it that a typical train rider would go the entire 21 mile length.

Comment

Mass transit is an expensive virus vector. Rail is way too expensive and a huge waste of taxpayer money. This is the Hawaii government spending mistake of the century.
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

the wheels on the train might not go round and round https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/...atch_permalink

Comment

At this point in time my workplace is within segment #3 of the rail, however my home is way outside the shorter end of segment #3, but if they add back the original 2 stations it is reasonable distance.

Comment

Working...
                      X