HawaiiThreads Software Update - December 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HawaiiThreads Software Update - December 2019

Noticed that hawaiithreads is now at vBulletin version 4.2.5. I can't remember what the old version was at even through is was on for a long time.

Re: Testing out a new version of vbulletin

1. For a long time many of member avatars are broken. Seems to be the same with new upgrade.

2. Site probably looks good on computer, teeny tiny on Android... I suspect iOS too unless you have a decent size tablet or larger.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Some things that I noticed so far:
      • When I import my new avatar I sort of noticed that the standard HawaiiThreads avatars were also missing.
      • The Calendar's years ranges from 2000 to 2010.
      • As a logged in user you can see what members have read the thread you are looking at. This is not available if you use HawaiiThreads as a guest.
      • If you click on New Posts, there is an option called Activity Stream. I don't know at this time what time frame makes a thread active or not.

Comment

Now on my Mac. Site look pretty standard default as Ryan stated on Facebook. Text is smaller than before. I guess I need to adjust that. Otherwise the desktop interface is familiar and good enough as it has been and certainly better than with mobile. The Android Play store has a vBulletin app, but most of the comments I seen there are not very encouraging. Only 2.4 stars overall rating.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

What this needs is a "forgot password?" option, It took about 10 tries to finally log in.
          "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone."
          Ayn Rand

Comment

There is a forgot password link, but it's kind of lost in the long message shown when you fail to login. It's here, if anyone else is looking for it: https://www.hawaiithreads.com/login.php?do=lostpw

I think I found almost all of the custom avatars/profile pictures. I was also able to tweak the colors, set up the mobile view (a different template but easier to read), and put the plumeria back in the browser icon spot.

Are we having fun yet?

Comment

The brown and icons look good, though my avatar is an older one, but still better than a busted avatar symbol.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I see my avatar is back, thanks. Also, thanks for all your work maintaining this site.
                "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone."
                Ayn Rand

Comment

Re: HawaiiThreads Software Update - December 2019

Attempting to reply to this thread using an Android based smartphone.

Comment

I am here thanks to your email telling us about the change in software. Thank you!
                    Haven't been here and active in many years, but would peek in once a year or so and the place looked dead almost.
                    What year of having Obama did this place wane?
                    I did peek in during his reign and thought since y'all had him, this place would be hopping.
                    Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Is anyone else not being remembered by this software update? I have to log in every time I visit. Before the upgrade, I went years of daily visits without having to log in once.
                      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Yes, the new update does not remember me, though my username pops up and so do the password... on the first try, no go. However on the second try it connects. So far have not had to manually type in my password.
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

If you using an old bookmark to access the old Hawaii Threads it might have the url of either www.hawaiithreads.com or hawaiithreads.com, this seems not to be the appropriate url anymore.

You can do this:
                          1. Go to hawaiithreads.com
                          2. Enter your usename and password, as well as clicking on the Remember Me check box
                          3. After you have sucessfully logged in bookmark the page.

This new bookmark should have the url of https://www.hawaiithreads.com/forum.php.

Comment

Thanks Helen. Didn't notice the URL change.
                            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

It has been over a month since the upgrade has occurred. Notice a couple of things that need to be updated:

Originally posted by helen View Post
                              Some things that I noticed so far:
                              • As a logged in user you can see what members have read the thread you are looking at. This is not available if you use HawaiiThreads as a guest.
                              • If you click on New Posts, there is an option called Activity Stream. I don't know at this time what time frame makes a thread active or not.
                              For the first point need to mention:

As a logged in user you can see the number of members who have read the thread you are looking at. If the member has elected to not to be invisible their username will appear on the list of members who have viewed the thread.
                              This feature is not available to people who use HawaiiThreads as a guest.

For example on this thread, there 15 members who have read it but if you count the number of usernames only 13 appear.

On the second point about the Activity Stream:

There is a 30 day lifetime of transactions that is shown on the Activity Stream. Transactions include:
                              • post on the Forums
                              • pictures into albums
                              • post to the Groups

There is a Filter option that is located on the right hand side of the strip. You filter by type or by either 7 days or 30 days.

Comment

Working...
                              X