Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are hawaii voters just stupid or what?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are hawaii voters just stupid or what?????

We have the worse roads, highest taxes, highest cost of living, worse schools, highest homeless, corrupt gooberment, never ending rail cost, unnecessary gooberment spending, out of control crime and drug abuse, uncontrolled life time welfare, high housing cost, run down and neglected parks, people born here leaving, and much, much more.
    The common denominator???????????????
    damacrats have been in power all this time.
    No matter if we had a Repub gooburner or oscar mayer. The dams still had all the power.
    Best thing to start-up here was the Super Ferry.
    dams shut it down and, with the help of the media, made it look like it wasn't them.
    How can people be so stupid and keep voting these people in????
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results."
    I would say "insanity" should be replaced with "stupidity" when describing voter here.
    I always vote. But it's getting harder and harder finding someone to support.
    Ever wonder why hald of the population doesn't vote????
    I hear people using the catch phrase "if you no vote, no grumble"
    But because of all the stupid people, we have no real choice when voting.
    They have bullied out all the other parties.
    We now have no choice. They are all the same.
    All controlled by one party.
    I'm hoping I see the day when the people here finaly come to their senses, see what a mess we are in, and throw the bums out.

Re: Are hawaii voters just stupid or what?????

We have the longest life expectancy. We have the best weather. We have more state holidays (by far) than any state in the union. We're consistently ranked "happiest state" whenever someone comes up with a new metric. Our 4-year college campuses and 2-year community colleges are the most ethnically diverse (by far) in the country. Yeah, it's a real mess.

And before you make assumptions, I'm a conservative and I very seldom vote for Democratic candidates.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Well, it appears that you have grown tired of the aloha lifestyle. I understand Mississippi has the welcome sign out for you - worser roads, low taxes, low cost of living, worst teachers, everyone has a home (if you call a ramshackle hut a "home"), highest crime rate, highest percentage of white folks on welfare, low housing cost for a shack, no parks, people born there too poor to leave and the corrupt gooberment is run Rethuglicans. Be careful what you wish for.

Originally posted by abunaitoo View Post
      We have the worse roads, highest taxes, highest cost of living, worse schools, highest homeless, corrupt gooberment, never ending rail cost, unnecessary gooberment spending, out of control crime and drug abuse, uncontrolled life time welfare, high housing cost, run down and neglected parks, people born here leaving, and much, much more.
      No matter if we had a Repub gooburner or oscar mayer. The dams still had all the power.
      dams shut it down and, with the help of the media, made it look like it wasn't them.
      "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results."
      I would say "insanity" should be replaced with "stupidity" when describing voter here.
      I'm hoping I see the day when the people here finaly come to their senses, see what a mess we are in, and throw the bums out.
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

what bums do you prefer?
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

I was a Hawaii voter for decades.

It felt as if the local "good 'ole boy" network was a powerful stronghold and that corruption would not be uprooted and yeah, same 'ole names would keep winning and peeps just ignore it all and head to the beach.
          Felt like that wasn't a bad idea after voting ten or so years wisely--
          conservatively.
          Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

People keep voting the same bums in year after year.
            How stupid is that?????
            The worse thing about it, is it's all one party.
            With only one party, we have no idea what is really going on.
            Those who "go along" with what is going on, are die head damacrats.
            Or just brain dead.
            Those who say " if you don't like it, move" are just part of the problem.
            1939 Germany comes to mind when I hear people say that.
            The only way to know what is really happening, is to have more than one party controlling everything.
            Anyone who thinks the paper or TV news is not bias, has their head buried someplace.
            We hear of all the locals leaving the island, and the damacrats don't understand why.
            That in itself should shows their mind set.
            I to never vote for any damacrats.
            Kick the bums out for a better hawaii, before it's to late.

Comment

People keep voting the same bums in year after year.
              How stupid is that?????
              You mean like Mitch McConnell, Lindsay Graham, Rand Paul, and all those other bums? Yes, how stupid is that????????
              The worse thing about it, is it's all one party.
              With only one party, we have no idea what is really going on.
              Yep, all one party and it only gets worse. When a party can elect a president with a minority of the popular vote, democracy is dead, and we have no idea what is going on.
              Those who "go along" with what is going on, are die head (insert your favorite slur).
              Or just brain dead.
              Totally agree, totally agree.
              The only way to know what is really happening, is to have more than one party controlling everything.
              You mean like the U.S. Senate?
              Anyone who thinks the paper or TV news is not bias, has their head buried someplace.
              You mean like more "fair and balanced news," like on Faux News? Yes, "anyone" does have their head buried "someplace."

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

All interesting ideas and points of view. The Demo Party was once for the average person and fought hard for us. Since, the Party had gone hard and far left. I no longer agree nor will support incompetence, stupidity, or inept politicians dooming the Aloha State. Enough unenforceable, stupid laws. Enough tax increases to become more efficient in your wasteful spending. When they legalized the gateway drug, that was the last straw.

Comment

Originally posted by Troubleshooter View Post
                  I no longer agree nor will support incompetence, stupidity, or inept politicians dooming the Aloha State. Enough unenforceable, stupid laws. Enough tax increases to become more efficient in your wasteful spending.
                  "Incompetence, stupidity, or inept politicians" are not limited to one political party.

"Unenforceable, stupid laws" are not limited to one political party.

"tax increases to become more efficient in your wasteful spending" Actually, the National Debt goes UP under Republican administrations (educate yourself and look it up). Democrats implement tax increases to bring the National Debt DOWN (educate yourself and look it up). Our National Debt was paid down to near zero under Bill Clinton. Look where it is today (and the rate of increase went down under Obama).

The question for you is, do you want to pay for our wasteful spending (like tax cuts for the wealthiest of the wealthy) with a tax increase or do you want to pay for that wasteful spending (like tax cuts for the wealthiest of the wealthy) with no tax increase and pass that debt onto your grandchildren?

When they legalized the gateway drug, that was the last straw.
                  Alcohol is also a "gateway drug." Let's criminalize the possession and use of alcohol! Oh wait, we already tried that and that didn't end well.

Comment

I agree with both your comments of "are not limited to one political party". However, in the Aloha State, it had and has been a one political party domination. I did stress Aloha State, not "national" where there is a relatively fair representation of parties. The current "local" leadership is what I referred to and slamming me to "educate myself and look it up" is out of context. You're comparing apples and oranges. If you checked deeper, our county taxes for services have gone up for no increase in service. A kupuna family of two pays the same monthly fee for waste water as an average family of 4+. There's no lesser or non-usage discount, just a flat rate.

As far as alcohol, I agree in general with your assessment. I started a thread, but in an inactive and eventually removed medium. Taxes on tobacco are more than twice the cost of a carton of cigarettes. A carton here may go over $100, depending upon brand from a discount store. I'm not referring to specialty cigs either. Yet, the State keeps raising the sales tax and promotes cessation for health purposes. Ok, that's one thing. So far, nothing had been done to promote alcohol cessation. Why not tax alcohol as that drug is more widely used, in demand, a much greater source of tax revenue, and a cause for increase in traffic fatalities, not barring the inattention to driving due to the use of texting and use of cell phones, etc. Have you seen an increase in alcohol sales taxes? So the State and Nation promotes the use of alcohol, but refuses to take advantage of gigantic potential revenue.

So what is the logic here? State taxes high to either generate revenue or to kill a product, legally. Don't politicians realize that when something becomes illegal, people obtain from the underground or black market sources? Take illegal firearms and drugs, there's a booming market the government create laws against and cannot enforce. They do try and sometimes succeed in confiscating a few weapons or a shipment or two. In the greater picture, the law cannot be enforced with the current manpower, resources, and unattainable goals. Cartels are winning the so-called drug war. There is more prevalent drug usage today then there was in the days of "free love". By legalizing weed, for whatever reason they wish to refer "medical", the door is now open to other more potentially lethal drugs to be legalized by the "left" wingers.

Comment

The problems mentioned in this post are EVERYWHERE. Because of my work I've called thirty different addresses home, and each place has these problems and deals with them in their own way. What all these places have had in common is that things start to fall apart when we wait for someone else to fix our problems. Politicians, political parties, inventors, and companies are not the answer, WE ARE. Like Gandhi said, be the change you wish to see in the world. That doesn't work so well for potholes :-) but will for just about everything else. If you think politicians are bums, BECOME ONE and show them a better way. Hawaii's citizens are not stupid, that's just plain insulting.

Comment

Riddle me this Batman...why did it take the governor 33 dead air minutes to call off the false missile alert? Why did it take the governor a week to visit the Big Island eruption in 2018 and took credit for the mayor's efforts? Why did it take the governor a month or so to visit Kauai after one of their massive floods? There was no reasonable nor acceptable excuse for any of his non-action. Do you remember the panic in Honolulu streets? Again, TMT, he placed the responsibility on the mayor for a State issue and the mayor is getting slammed for it. Granted, there is some bias there, but I won't go into that area.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbos View Post
                          The problems mentioned in this post are EVERYWHERE. Because of my work I've called thirty different addresses home, and each place has these problems and deals with them in their own way. What all these places have had in common is that things start to fall apart when we wait for someone else to fix our problems. Politicians, political parties, inventors, and companies are not the answer, WE ARE. Like Gandhi said, be the change you wish to see in the world. That doesn't work so well for potholes :-) but will for just about everything else. If you think politicians are bums, BECOME ONE and show them a better way. Hawaii's citizens are not stupid, that's just plain insulting.
                          I would give this post a "like" if I could. I "agree" with the post in its entirety. @Robbos has made some very salient points WITHOUT making a partisan political statement. Yes, if you don't like the way things are being done, then run for office and stop complaining about what "someone else" should do.

@Robbos, welcome to HT. Post again and post often!

Comment

Riddle me this Batman...why did it take the governor 33 dead air minutes to call off the false missile alert?
                            I don't know, you tell me Robin
                            Why did it take the governor a week to visit the Big Island eruption in 2018 and took credit for the mayor's efforts?
                            Why did it take the governor a month or so to visit Kauai after one of their massive floods?
                            There was no reasonable nor acceptable excuse for any of his non-action.
                            So what you are saying is that no matter what he says, you will vilify him anyway.

Do you remember the panic in Honolulu streets? Again, TMT, he placed the responsibility on the mayor for a State issue and the mayor is getting slammed for it. Granted, there is some bias there, but I won't go into that area.
                            Why not go into that area? You have clearly shown your bias and "a priori" convictions. You are selecting your facts like food from a buffet.

Comment

I agree with both your comments of "are not limited to one political party".
                              Then why did you take the the opportunity to slam the "Demo Party"?

However, in the Aloha State, it had and has been a one political party domination.
                              So why are you not concerned about the southern and mid-western States where there has been a one political party domination?
                              I did stress Aloha State, not "national" where there is a relatively fair representation of parties.
                              You are moving the goalposts. You talked about the "Demo Party" in the national sense
                              The current "local" leadership is what I referred to and slamming me to "educate myself and look it up" is out of context.
                              Educating oneself should never be taken out of context.
                              You're comparing apples and oranges.
                              If anything, I am comparing snowflakes to the orange menace
                              If you checked deeper, our county taxes for services have gone up for no increase in service.
                              You're saying employees don't deserve a cost of living increase?
                              A kupuna family of two pays the same monthly fee for waste water as an average family of 4+. There's no lesser or non-usage discount, just a flat rate.
                              I happily pay taxes to support the public school system although I have no children in public schools. If you don't like the way things are done, then run for office and YOU make things more fair. Stop complaining

As far as alcohol, I agree in general with your assessment. I started a thread, but in an inactive and eventually removed medium. Taxes on tobacco are more than twice the cost of a carton of cigarettes. A carton here may go over $100, depending upon brand from a discount store. I'm not referring to specialty cigs either. Yet, the State keeps raising the sales tax and promotes cessation for health purposes. Ok, that's one thing. So far, nothing had been done to promote alcohol cessation. Why not tax alcohol as that drug is more widely used, in demand, a much greater source of tax revenue, and a cause for increase in traffic fatalities, not barring the inattention to driving due to the use of texting and use of cell phones, etc. Have you seen an increase in alcohol sales taxes? So the State and Nation promotes the use of alcohol, but refuses to take advantage of gigantic potential revenue.
                              Yes, and it has nothing to do with a particular political party.

Take illegal firearms and drugs, there's a booming market the government create laws against and cannot enforce. They do try and sometimes succeed in confiscating a few weapons or a shipment or two. In the greater picture, the law cannot be enforced with the current manpower, resources, and unattainable goals. Cartels are winning the so-called drug war. There is more prevalent drug usage today then there was in the days of "free love". By legalizing weed, for whatever reason they wish to refer "medical", the door is now open to other more potentially lethal drugs to be legalized
                              What you are advocating is an increase in enforcement personnel which require an increase in taxes. Which way do you want it? more enforcement or lower taxes?

by the "left" wingers.
                              And right on cue, you end your screed with partisan politics slur. You are one of the "deplorables."
                              Last edited by matapule; March 5, 2020, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X