Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airplane Seating Etiquette

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/man-...235817329.html

I don't put my seat back. That's why I have a hard time sleeping on a plane.

Re: Airplane Seating Etiquette

I'm with you, WB. I am a larger than average guy. I rarely recline my seat, and only when someone IS NOT sitting behind me. I would like to see airlines eliminate reclining seats entirely in coach class. In my opinion, they don't recline enough to make a real difference anyway. I can't sleep on a plane whether my seat reclines or not.

I generally fly coach class (but not always). If a flight is light, I will fly coach and if the 'jackhole' in front of me reclines their seat, I will ask the FA for permission to change to another unoccupied seat. I have never been refused. If the flight is near full, I will pay extra for "premium coach" with more legroom or pay to fly in "front of the plane" class. The problem is people (including me) want to pay for a cheap coach seat but expect first class comfort. I can't have it both ways.

Seating on planes is becoming more of a problem as the airlines decrease the pitch (distance between seats) to squeeze another row or two of seating to increase profits. I hate flying, especially on flights lasting more than about two hours, which can turn into a whole day with all the choreography that goes along with flying. It is not only lack of comfort but the hassle of security screening, having to half undress when going through screening, crying babies, people laughing at movies I can't hear, people in the seat next to me snoring, etc. Consequently, I don't fly as much as I used to. I drive a Tesla with the Full Self Driving option. The car is not full self driving at this time but about 50% of the way there. Driving or riding in the car is WAY MORE comfortable than flying in coach class on a plane and for shorter distances is about the same time as flying what with all the waiting and standing in line, finding parking/cab/Uber, etc.

BTW, the last three times I have visited 808 has been on a cruise ship (about every year or two). It takes about 4 days, but I would rather spend 4 days on a cruise ship than 4 hours on an airplane in coach class!

With regards to the subject video, I think they were both wrong. Both were inconsiderate people. I guess this is now what MAGA is all about.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

It's been interesting to see how opinion splits on this incident.

1. "You should know better than to recline your seat. Rows are too narrow now." vs. "If the seat is designed to recline, you can recline!"

2. "We don't see what preceded this, and he's just protesting her faux pas." vs. "No way he would pull that crap if it were a man in the seat in front of him."

3. "She's violating his privacy and publicly shaming him!" vs. "She's just documenting abuse. Abuse that women deal with every day."

Comment

They were both inconsiderate "jackholes." I refuse to play that game, life is too short. MAGA baby!
        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Haven't been on a plane for a while.
          Have no real reason to go anyplace.
          When I did, it was the norm to recline the seat back.
          I never had a problem with it.
          If I had to fly today, I would see if the person behind me has their seat back.
          If they do, I wouldn't have a problem doing the same.
          I do agree that they should just make the seats so they don't tilt back.

Comment

Farting Dog Pushes Airline Passengers to Demand Refund After 13-Hour Flight (yahoo.com)

At least the dog didn't put his seat back.

Comment

Working...
            X