TMT arguments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TMT arguments?

The community is really split about TMT. How does your family handle this?

I like listening to both sides - that's how you learn, how you build bridges. But most folks seem polarized, 100% one way or the other, minds and ears closed, and there's no discussion possible. I support the protestors, but when I mention that to some people they act like I took a dump in their plate lunch. TMT seems like politics and religion, so another highly emotional topic that's best avoided.

Re: TMT arguments?

There are positives and negatives on both sides. Usually a protestor will be the first to break a law. That, I'm afraid is the flow and sequence. As you said, religion (which I believe in) cannot be overlooked. However, I do have issues with that statement based upon the decades of hunting trips to the mauna. I was up there every weekend for the entire bird season, including weekday holidays. I've hunted goats and pigs along and on the mauna. In all that time, I've only seen a worshipper up there once. If he was a worshipper as he was not dressed to hunt nor armed. Definitely timing is a factor. When they are there (if they actually went there) I wasn't. Logical assumption of possibilities. I believe the hunters did more cleanup of the mauna over the years to preserve it than the kia'i.

Comment

There are also the issues of government, laws, and the enforcement of said laws. TMT was approved and had a green light to proceed with construction. Our highest elected State leader failed miserably in his oath to uphold the laws of the State. There are set procedures which he disregarded and neglected to enforce within his jurisdiction. Arguments can then be made and heard in court. Why was the Judiciary not included and by-passed? This entire TMT issue stinks of foul play, bias, mismanagement, and irresponsibility.

Comment

Governments are addicted to money. No TMT means less revenue. Tourism dollars will drop way down because of the Coronavirus. So, taxes and user fees will have to increase greatly to feed their addiction.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
          Governments are addicted to money. No TMT means less revenue. Tourism dollars will drop way down because of the Coronavirus. So, taxes and user fees will have to increase greatly to feed their addiction.
          Amen, Walkoff

Comment

Working...
          X