Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite cereal(s)

Default Favorite cereal(s)

Random thought. What's your favorite cereal? For me it's Capn Crunch and Honey Bunches of Oats (of which I'm partaking right now )

Default Re: Favorite cereal(s)

PB Crunch, Corn Pops, or Strawberry Special K
    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Lately it's been Quaker Instant Oatmeal - the variety bulk pack from Costco. The banana bread flavor being my favorite. Easy, just add water and nuke it. Then I add fresh bananas on top.

As a kid, most sugar-packed Kellogg's cereals were staple. Frosted Flakes, Sugar Smacks, Sugar Pops. Thanks dentist!

Hot cereal - still CREAM OF WHEAT for me;
    Cold cereal - Honey Bunch of Oats; Honey Smacks (fka Sugar Smacks)

Quote Originally Posted by Pomai View Post
    Lately it's been Quaker Instant Oatmeal - the variety bulk pack from Costco. The banana bread flavor being my favorite. Easy, just add water and nuke it. Then I add fresh bananas on top.

As a kid, most sugar-packed Kellogg's cereals were staple. Frosted Flakes, Sugar Smacks, Sugar Pops. Thanks dentist!
    I like oatmeal too! As a kid it was Freakies, frosted flakes, and cap'n crunch
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRL

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Peanut Butter Crunch, Frosted Shredded Wheat, Honeycomb, and Crunchy Raisin Bran..........with WHOLE milk, not the watered down white stuff

DD

Naked Granola cereal

Quote Originally Posted by DiverDown808 View Post
    Peanut Butter Crunch, Frosted Shredded Wheat, Honeycomb, and Crunchy Raisin Bran..........with WHOLE milk, not the watered down white stuff

DD
    I can't drink whole milk anymore and I can't stand the watered-down stuff. So, I've reverted to SOY MILK.

Don't eat cold cereal anymore, just hot stuff. Must be my age. I like Irish or Scottish oatmeal. Cut a bit thicker than Quaker oats and is more chewy. Also the canned Irish oatmeal that's only been cut, not flattened. Takes 15 minutes to cook, but oh so good with raw sugar and half n half.

Cream of Wheat definitely rules on the hot side.

Cold cereal is a late night staple in our house. Lucky Charms when we can find it at Costco. Frosted Flakes and Corn Pops rule too. I don't mind what kind of milk, as long as it's ice cold, and from a cow.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

In my younger years

I have had my share of......

COOKIE CRISP
    COUNT CHOCULA
    LUCKY CHARMS
    COCOA KRISPIES, btw what ever happen to that elephant?

basically the kiddie cereals

Now my personal faves are the ones put out by POST or General Miils

The Honey Bunches of OATS Cinnamon, The Select Grains Banana or Cranberry, Banana = Broke Da Mouth! Not to keen on their Blueberry = yuck

Quote Originally Posted by oceanpacific View Post
    I can't drink whole milk anymore and I can't stand the watered-down stuff. So, I've reverted to SOY MILK.
    You should try Organic lowfat milk. It's the only lowfat milk I'll even THINK about drinking if I don't have whole milk. It's very rich and tasty for lowfat. It does cost a bit more (not sure what soymilk is priced at), but you can get a 3-pack at Costco that's reasonable.

DD

Everybody loves milk. But if you think about it, humans are about the only species who never wean their young off milk.

Ever seen a bull walk up to a cow and take a sip?
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Oahu now part of the traffic problem in lower Puna

Quote Originally Posted by cezanne View Post
    Random thought. What's your favorite cereal? For me it's Capn Crunch and Honey Bunches of Oats (of which I'm partaking right now )
    Ditto on that

Love Oatmeal, but lately I enjoy the real stuff as opposed to the instant. I forgot how much better it reall is. But that cinnamon swirl instant is great too.

My favorite cereal is probably the most fattening (of course)
    Quaker Natural Granola cereal. Great with cold milk as well as nuked.

I'm lactose-intolerant (it was a gradual process that started during adulthood), so I went from 2% to 1% to skim milk. Now, it's non-dairy alternatives.

My favorite cereal as a kid was "Snap, Crackle, Pop" ......... oh, the POWER of advertising!

My favorite cereals:

• Life
    • Frosted Mini Wheats
    • Kellogs Rice Krispies
    • Cap'n Crunch

I rarely buy cereal because it is so expensive. I have others that I like but can't remember their names right now.
    I'm still here. Are you?

we eat our cereal as finger food in this house. No "pouring it into a bowl" for us; pour into a ziploc and get on out the door. No milk drinkers live here.

Any cereal with a lot of texture with granola clusters to good ol cheerios (they have some very funky cheerios nowadays) will find its way into my cart--provided it is on sale.

pax

Quote Originally Posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
    No milk drinkers live here.
    You folks must all be short (height-wise). j/k.

My folks always encouraged us to drink milk to build "strong teeth and bones". I still LOVE milk, preferably 2%. Whole milk is a bit heavy and skim is grossly-thin; like "milk-water". Can tank the 2% like it's Gatorade.

My folks always encouraged us to drink milk to build "strong teeth and bones". I still LOVE milk, preferably 2%. Whole milk is a bit heavy and skim is grossly-thin; like "milk-water". Can tank the 2% like it's Gatorade.
    I am 5'8" and my teenage daughters are both taller than me. My youngest hasn't started puberty yet and still qualifies as a shrimp. My husband is 6' and 240lbs.

There is a myriad of ways of including calcium in our diet outside of milk consumption. We aren't anti-dairy, we just don't go looking for it.

pax

Quote Originally Posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
    I am 5'8" and my teenage daughters are both taller than me. My youngest hasn't started puberty yet and still qualifies as a shrimp. My husband is 6' and 240lbs.

There is a myriad of ways of including calcium in our diet outside of milk consumption. We aren't anti-dairy, we just don't go looking for it.
    I had a feeling you were gonna' set me straight and scare the hell outta' me with some gargantuan specifications.

Never forget the Hawaiian!

living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker

i like all bran buds or all bran yogurt bites if i need something sweeter. plus the high fiber content versus the relatively low sugar/carb count...err...helps the pipes work well. i usually have either fat free milk or relatively lower carb soymilk (no more than 8 carbs per cup) and make sure there's a decent amount of calcium in there, no matter what kinda milk i buy.

i know--all of you guys are probably going, "yuck! bran cereal!" but honestly, it's quite good, as long as you're not expecting a sugar rush. and if you wanna go healthier with cereal but are timid about sacrificing taste, i suggest the all bran yogurt bites, which i find as tasty as honey nut bunches of oats.

I'm 5' 10", 188 lbs. Not a giant, but not a shrimp, either.

I made sure that I was present when all the young boys came by to pick up my daughters for the prom. I wore tank tops so that these fine young men were acutely aware that I was not a 5' 5", 130 lb. Asian accountant. Back then, I tipped the scale at a solid 205.

I drank lots of milk while growing up. At this age, my hair and teeth are still my own.

I had a feeling you were gonna' set me straight and scare the hell outta' me with some gargantuan specifications.

Never forget the Hawaiian!
    I am tempted to post a pic showing my guns.

pax

Quote Originally Posted by timkona View Post
    Everybody loves milk.
    Bleah - not me. Didn't like it as a kid (though I still drank it, but not often), don't like it now (though I'll tolerate it on cereal.) However, the AF turned me on to vanilla soy milk, which really adds to my favorite - Crispix.

Without milk, I will sometimes eat what we call "sugar-bomb" cereals; my choices usually alternate between Sugar Pops, Cocoa Krispies, and Cap'n Crunch w/Crunch Berries. Used to have Froot Loops on that list, but even those are too much sugar for my tastes - and Crunch Berries are almost there, too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast