Stimulus money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stimulus money

Just a PSA that the stimulus money is coming in the form of a debit card rather than a check this time, if you are getting stimulus money. I know that the news has covered this but I am posting this just in case anyone didn't know because a friend of mine got hers yesterday and almost threw it away because she thought it looked like a scam because she wasn't expecting a card instead of a check and especially since you have to call a number and give them part of your social security number to activate the card. The other thing to beware of is that there may be fees associated with this card - if you use it in an atm or use it to make purchases or deposit some of it in a financial institution - the first time it's used, the fee is waived. If you use it more than once, there may be fees of something like $2-$5 for each use. Would make more sense to me to use it just once and either withdraw all of the money from it one time or deposit all of it into a financial institution account one time rather than using it more than once.

Re: Stimulus money

thx! sounds like way more hassle for the USPS and everybody than direct deposit
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

It also sounds like more hassle than just getting a check to deposit but for whatever reason, this is the way they are doing the stimulus payments this round.

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
        It also sounds like more hassle than just getting a check to deposit but for whatever reason, this is the way they are doing the stimulus payments this round.
        who else has gotten a card yet? anybody but your friend?
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

I had it direct deposit.

Comment

Working...
          X