Nude? No. Topless? Go for it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nude? No. Topless? Go for it!

You know of all the species in this world, the female human is the only one that covers her breasts and the male human is the only one that shaves his chest! Boy are we screwed up or what

We're so different from the animal kingdom it's as if we're not even a part of it. Hmmm I don't want to go there and debate that one for fear of another 200+ thread on spirituality.

Okay so with the 60's push for equality, what happened? Back then women were burning their Playtex Cross-Your-Heart bras, now they're strutting their Victoria Secret's Black lace Demi Underwire bras on prime time TV? And guess what is the number one plastic surgery operation? You guessed it BIGGER BooBs!

I think the women's movement back then only enhanced the female form because back then equality meant dressing like men (pants suits vs dresses) and attempting to do the male things like smoking cigars, racing, cutting their hair short, spreading their legs when sitting.

Now women tend to use what is naturally gifted to them, their brains. And that's what I think is helping their cause, not burning their bras. You don't see guys burning their jock straps to act more feminine do you? Actually they simply buy panties and wear them to work

If women think it's a great idea to show their breasts, hey they're using their brains when they take their shirts off. And for us guys, the most dangerous woman is one with looks and brains.

So if you lose a debate to a topless woman, watch out because she's topless and smarter than you so back off man!
    Last edited by craigwatanabe; August 31, 2004, 08:52 AM.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

It is like, it's not that attractive to have all these saggy boobies hanging out around the place. It's what you can't see is what is most attractive.

Plus a woman with dignity is far better.

Comment

Plus a woman with dignity is far better.
        How can a woman who is pleased, even proud, of her body - merely that in which she came into this Earth, no more, no less, whether given by a creator or by some organized cell growth - lacking in dignity? Is one's worth determined by the presence or lack of "saggy boobies"?

The message I'm getting from a lot of these responses is, "Topless women are fine, unless they're ugly." That kind of thinking is hardly a strong case against public nudity, or for dignity.

Comment

Joking aside, I think that if someone wants to be topless -- or nude, for that matter -- in public, then it should be their business. I don't think the law should ban toplessness or nudity. Of course, in many situations it's safer and/or more comfortable to wear clothes, but that shouldn't be a requirement. (Unless you're talking OSHA rules -- for example, you definitely don't want hanging or protruding body parts near power tools.)

Comment

I think sagging breasts came before firm ones since the female breast was around long before bras and there apparently was a problem with that or else bras wouldn't have been invented.

Hmmm OSHA would have a field day with getting one's breasts caught in a piece of machinery. But then again even a guy shouldn't be going shirtless in a work environment where OSHA's rules apply anyway. So that point is moot.

You know the way women's clothing designs are going, I wouldn't be surprized that by the end of this decade, we'll be seeing breasts bared to the public. Right now it's okay it seems to wear sheer material where you can obviously see right thru it, but it's covered right? Heck 25-years ago it was considered taboo to have protruding nipples on TV, geez now you can see bare bottoms on the tube. There's more sex on TV now than there ever was and girls are dressing with less material than ever before. Pretty soon being naked will be stylish with maybe a ribbon signifying your support for some cause. Where would you pin it though? Of course, stupid me, thru your pierced nipple!

Comment

That would be a sad day, and not one I would want to raise my children in.

It is common curtisy to keep your private parts. private.

Comment

On a lighter note, i guess going braless once in a while is okay, it's better than having them constricted in pushup bras that give cancer.

Comment

hmm It is nice to read this news article.

Why humans have a problem with genitalia is beyond me. I mean most people have an attraction to at least one sex or the other right?

In public if people find a person unattractive or what ever term you may use....I belive the most common response is to look the other way. Why is this so different with nudity?

To me it is so amazing to think that a majority have issues with nudity...some do not even like to be nude alone...which in most cases totally astonishes me.

If one person does not like an others body then heck there is no doubt that someone else will.

I hope I can make a difference with all of this. If anything to make at least one person feel comfortable with themself.

If anyone desires to be with others that enjoy nudity feel free to drop me a line directly.

Aloha

Comment

It's not that most people don't like to be nude...it's the expense of sunscreen that'll kill your budget. Clothing offers a cheap reusable sunscreen alternative.

So there should be a city ordinance that allows people to walk naked at night so long as they stay away from Halogen lighting which emits massive quantities of UVA.

Comment

Originally posted by allglad
                      hmm It is nice to read this news article.

Why humans have a problem with genitalia is beyond me. I mean most people have an attraction to at least one sex or the other right?

In public if people find a person unattractive or what ever term you may use....I belive the most common response is to look the other way. Why is this so different with nudity?

To me it is so amazing to think that a majority have issues with nudity...some do not even like to be nude alone...which in most cases totally astonishes me.

If one person does not like an others body then heck there is no doubt that someone else will.

I hope I can make a difference with all of this. If anything to make at least one person feel comfortable with themself.

If anyone desires to be with others that enjoy nudity feel free to drop me a line directly.

Aloha
                      Maybe if you called yourself a naturist people wouldn't look askance at you. I think the issue is not one of walking around in one's birthday suit. It's more about what happens if you're the only one doing it! There are several naturist camps up here and people are free to disrobe. Blame the puritans for the twisted thinking about what should be natural. If it wasn't for the missionaries, Hawaiians wouldn't have muumuus, after all. The women would all be topless! I think the same kind of thing would happen in a nudist camp if someone(s) went there and didn't disrobe.

Miulang
                      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I lived in Italy for 16 years before finally coming home. Other there even the kupuna go topless. Yes, there is etiquette. One does put one's top on whenever walking around, unless straight into the water. As accustomed as I was to bathing topless, the idea of being one of the first in Hawai'i to nonchalantly drop my top is intimidating. Would be nice to surf topless. Might try it this weekend in Waikiki and report back how it went. Last thought: Nothing wrong with the body unless you make it so.

Comment

well there are some exceptions to what looks good naked. Buff bodies look good naked, candidates for Slim Fast should keep their clothes on.

Comment

Working...
                          X