X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Dog the Bounty Hunter" on A&E

Originally posted by ReggaeKy
    I, too, am looking for the song I heard and still hear on "Dog, The Bounty Hunter" at the beginning of the show Please someone help me with this song! It's a real funny, fun-sounding song and very lilting and very Hawaiian-sounding. Thanks!

contact these people, who supply the b/g music for DBH.

http://www.neosproductions.com/

Happy etc!

Comment

More Lyrics

hey everyone...i have not given up yet he he...here are more lyrics. still cannot find anywhere on google. did not have any luck with that neo company getting back to me...this was in Beth's truck while they were waiting. Dog told her to sing along on episode #14.

PARTY SONG - what is the title/band?

hey...hey...

to all the runners in the club
      trying to get a little love
      come on and just ride with us

to the ladies if you're hot
      come and shake what you've got

to all the dj's???
      what they say???

Comment

I watch dat show alot and dey play plenny music by 'Sudden Rush'. Try dem.

Comment

I truly enjoyed the show as did my husband and my eldest daughter. How ever I really felt that Mrs. Dog needs to tone her temper down. I'm not saying she wasn't justified to be upset, (this was where the car was burned) however, to expect someone to not be defensive and yell back when you get in there face and bark like a crazy woman. I would yell back at you and I don't even know you if you jumped to attack me like that. I think a little more decorum and patience on your part when dealing with team members might make the team a closer unit with better communication skills. Don't get me wrong you can yell and bark all you want to the low-lifes who don't serve the time and give back to the community, just try to be a fair boss not a hound. I'm sure my message will mean nothing you, but as wise man once said "Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick". I will be ready with family and all to watch your families gallant efforts to bring some balance to the system in this society. --Reese

Comment

Drove past his office this morning, for no particular reason.

Turns out a former employee of Duane's is in the news.

Bounty hunter Chapman's aide now hunted herself
            Rod Antone, Honolulu Star-Bulletin, Sunday, February 27, 2005
            A former employee of Hawaii-based bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman is on the run from the law herself, with a $100,000 warrant for her arrest issued by a state judge. Vaisaili Suka, 43, failed to appear for a review hearing on Feb. 11 before Circuit Judge Dexter Del Rosario in a criminal property damage case, prompting Del Rosario to issue a bench warrant.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
              Drove past his office this morning, for no particular reason.
              Is that still his office? I thought they moved.

Best part of the story... another bounty hunter making a back-handed comment to Antone:

Although Chapman has posted bail for Suka in other cases, her bail in this case was handled by another bail bonds firm, AAA Local Bail Bonds. AAA General Manager Charles Fisher said his firm forfeited $20,000 when she failed to show up in court on Feb. 11, and he plans to find her, with or without the Dog.

"It's in his benefit to find her, or to at least lead me to her," said Fisher. "It's one of his own puppies who have left the dog pound, and now a real bounty hunter is going to go get her."
              A "real" bounty hunter? Dem's fighting words!

Comment

Well I am a huge fan of dog and his family. I tune in every night that its aired and just watched the marathon last night... I must say I am a true fan of "his gun" BETH. I love her style and her attitude. I don't think she should tone anything down she totally ROCKS!!

Comment

Ahh, Dog hunted my aunt, Patty. She had that two parter episode "Hide and Seek." When Dog called my grandpa while searching for her, he thought someone was playing a prank on him, so he started getting wise on the phone. I only started watching the show to see my aunt and how everything went down, but I became a fan along the way. My parents don't like Beth, they think she's runs her mouth too much.
                  myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

I am slow finding these television shows, just don't sit & watch enough, as I just found this show this year! Wow, dig it a lot, as does the whole family. These people have more than jobs, they have compassion, giving the shirts off their backs, their own shoes, saying no matter what a criminal has done, they deserve to go into jail or court with shoes & shirts, etc. THEN...the type of stuff Duane says to them after cuffing them, having them in the vehicle, sitting in the back seat by them when he could arrogantly be up front, ignoring them, or saying ugly stuff to them, is golden! THIS in what I call a person's "moment of truth," Dog uses in a kind, blunt & powerful way. For this reason, I say he has a type of ministry, and even if it wasn't about Jesus, it would still be a wake-up call in a psychological sense, and probably shock some people awake, still being their moment of truth.

No one is perfect, I sure am not, and I don't expect these people to be, to be doing a lot of good, and God bless them for it. I look forward to running into them someday on island, or may just drop by their business with a bakery cake or something, a lei or two & a big hug.

I know sincerity when I see it, and lastly, they are not fake christians, oh what a cool thing to run into some that aren't plastic.
                    Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Puhlease! The guy is on CAMERA. Ever watch COPS? Dontcha think those cops would be pounding butts if they weren't on camera? Watching Dog and his wife Mrs. Dog is a kick. I've met her and she is a living caracature! They are definitely "different." But they have a California mansion in Kahala and if you wanna know how they pay the bills, making ass on camera isn't one of them. A&E wouldn't have it. SPIKE TV? Maybe. Bravo? Perhaps. Sci-Fi? Now there's an idea.
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
                        I'll give the Chapmans that... they ARE a bunch of characters. It's painful to hear them say "brah" and try to talk pidgin though... gonna give more mainland haoles the idea that they can get away with talking like that when they come to visit.

What I do have a problem with, however, are all the tidbits of info that Dog gives about the neighborhoods he visits that simply ain't true.

Ala Moana Beach Park is one of the most dangerous places on the island?

The Waikiki beach boys are all drug dealers and gamblers?

The rest area near the statue of Duke in Waikiki is a haven for drug activity?

Please.

I'm also getting sick of Dog's BUTCHERING of local words... and how ignorant he can seem at times.

In last night's episode, for example, he's told to go visit KPT and that he wouldn't make it past Building A over there.

After he boasts how much of a badass he is, the camera catches him saying to one of his family members that he could go up to "KPTA" and not have a problem.

Yeah... right.

This show might be making Dog money, and I admit it IS fun to watch, but I don't see how he'll be able to operate efficiently out here any more.

Criminals have cable too, you know...

100% agreed, especially since i am a haole..... Especially since he did not grow up here. Its kinda dumb... its like him going into some south central LA ghetto and calling all of them his "dogs" and "niggas" .... he shows little to no repsect for local people in my opinion.

and besides he is bounty hunting on an island.......
                        funny show, but he is a moron!

Comment

Hi Lavagal!

"Puhleez" won't cut it this time. Some people ARE what they are on and off camera. Duane's sincerity is what you see & it isn't an act, he really cares, has compassion because he's been there, done that, and what he says time and time again to these people he is arresting can be nothing less than their "moment of truth."

Comment

I think Beth's mouth is going to get Duane (if not all of them) in serious trouble someday. She seems to have serious anger management problems. I know the drama makes for a more interesting show, but I watch her get in people's faces (like Justin, for smoking in the car) and I think if she can't get a handle on things, someday she's going to bust someone and she's going to go off on the person and he's going to get violent. She's gotta remember--she's a bail bondsperson, not a cop.

And I totally think Duane's thing is an act, too. He's all macho and blustering before a bust and sickly-sweet and earthy-crunchy when he catches the guys. One of these things is the real Duane, and I just don't see the same sweet, generous behavior out of him when he's at home or around the other guys. If it makes the bad guys like him and helps out his business, hey, fine, but it's not genuine.

Comment

I can 't reiterate enough how wrong you could, may be & probably are, about Duane. I have precious, old uncles that showed me how a man can be both strength, & caring. They're macho when necessary, then gentle once the point is made, the job is done, etc. They are sorta like an old John Wayne-type movie, kick the bad guy's ass, pick him up, dust him off, buying him a drink & having meaningful talk about why they are bad, etc. This is an exaggeration perhaps, yet in a bondsman's situation, perhaps not. If Duane didn't have the religious/spiritual beliefs and background that he does, I would probably tend to agree with you, but having been raised as him, also by an Assembly of God mom that also was part Cherokee, 25% in my mom's case, as I understand it, I can see why he is so tender, and his beliefs are the basisi of everything he does.

I can also understand your, and others' skepticism. In this bloody world, people that love God/what is right, & truly care about others is rare. The ods are that the guy is an act, but from what I hear, and what I perceive, even intuit, this guy rocks for many reasons. What you see on camera is the real person off camera. Since I haven't yet personally made their aquaintance, I'll end this by saying....*betcha.*

Comment

Well, far as I can tell, no one here yet actually knows these people, so taking bets on who's right or wrong, or trying to infer personality characteristics because of this or that, is just silly speculation. Of course, this is a person who is presented to us through the filter of entertainment, so there's no telling what we see or don't see, what is emphasized and what isn't.

Clearly, A&E wants us to see the warm and fuzzy side of Duane, which is interesting, and without a doubt Beth's abrasiveness is part of her TV "package." But do I imagine Duane could be a phony God-praising meany? Or that Beth could be as gentle as a bunny? Sure.

I enjoy the show, in all its campy ridiculousness. I'm less concerned with Duane's crying and hugging and god bless yous as I am at his clearly inaccurate and occasionally insulting proclamations about "the way things are here in Hawaii." The man clearly fancies himself a wise guru of all things, from crime and greed to the Aloha State, but his tendency to make grand pronouncements or coin Deep Thoughts(tm) is annoying. No doubt one of the principles he should likely abide by is the fact that no one can no everything. And that the only person who can truly know a person, or a people, is that big glowing sentient whatever in the sky.

Comment

Working...
                                X