X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Hawaii" on NBC: The Early Returns

Originally posted by pzarquon
    and now, a romantic backstory with the new CSI character. It's a lot easier to process than it was shoehorned into the pilot.

YES! very cool.
    glad ya noticed that and she DOES look like da blonde chickeepoo from CSI miami!

Comment

Love this show! Both hubby and I watched it. I tape it and didn't think hubby would enjoy it but he did watch the entire show last night...this show held his attention. The hoale surfer at the beginning of the show didn't sound local enough and notice that Gains was barefoot running after and jumping into the red mustang!

Also enoyed Bumatai's cameo...man I miss da pidgin! (speaking of Bumatai...was pleasantly surprised to see Andy B on the pilot ep. hope to see him again!)

Hee hee! They should place the head of the dead hooker found in the room in one spot and leave it there! When they first show her, her head is hanging down on her chest. The next time they show her upper torso her head is resting on her right shoulder. And then back to her head on her chest again!
      Lovena

Comment

'Hawaii' showing improves

{br}'Hawaii' showing improves{br}starbulletin.com - Sep 9 2004 19:49:20 GMT{br}{br}This article was posted automatically. Comments are welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by EastCoastTropics
          Hee hee! They should place the head of the dead hooker found in the room in one spot and leave it there! When they first show her, her head is hanging down on her chest. The next time they show her upper torso her head is resting on her right shoulder. And then back to her head on her chest again!
          I thot i saw that too
          fire the continuity guy!

Comment

Plenty comments on the show.

I watched it on monday, and it was good. I'll try and watch it each week.

And do the cast go into full local mode, and talk pidgin, or use mauka, makai, etc to tell the directions? It'd be cool that they could show more of Hawaii (go to Waipahu, Ewa Beach side or Waianae for real action ), but I guess the people there won't like the TV crew there.
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Ratings Update (Zap2It): NBC won the night, averaging a 7.1 rating/12 share for primetime (CBS finished second at 5.5/9). But in its hour, "Hawaii" was second with 5.9/10, behind CBS's "60 Minutes." Of course, those numbers are nothing to sneeze at, and "60 Minutes" had an unusually strong airing last night because of its highly reported update on George W. Bush's National Guard duty.

Comment

man, i hope the ratings continue to increase... and the network decides to brave it out with Hawaii!

agree with pzarquon... damn good episode! The little nuances are just soooo cool to see. I may be wrong here, but from the folks I've spoken with-the majority of um seem to like Hawaii (vs. North Shore). Normally, when I ask folks about it, they say: "...oh, I heard it got bad reviews.. I hear it sucks..."

Of course, my reply is "did you even try watching it yet?!?!?!" After they do, the seem to enjoy it. *shrugs*

Comment

I'd like to see some stories that also involve the military in Hawaii, home invasions etc..how about you folks?
                  Lovena

Comment

Originally posted by EastCoastTropics
                    I'd like to see some stories that also involve the military in Hawaii, home invasions etc..how about you folks?

home invasions.

no. noooo,nonononono,no.

Comment

Here's an interesting question: What categories of crimes would be a good idea for future plots, and what categories of crimes would not?

The aversion to a home invasion storyline is reasonable (as is, probably, a photocopier technician going bezerk), but keep in mind what we've already seen portrayed in our fair state so far. Two serial killers (the pilot's beheader, and the "Maunakea Killer), hostage taking bank robbers, tourist carjackers, prison escapees... we've seen organized crime, prostitution, cockfights and dogfights, kids in peril, crooked cops...

With all that already out there, what's left?

I think the military presence in Hawaii offers more than a few opportunities for storylines. I'd also like to see rushhour on H-1 (seven lanes, gridlocked, westbound prior to the Pearl City offramp) on network TV, at least once!

Comment

I think the military presence in Hawaii offers more than a few opportunities for storylines. I'd also like to see rushhour on H-1 (seven lanes, gridlocked, westbound prior to the Pearl City offramp) on network TV, at least once!
                        yea. the criminal traffic level is an actual negative aspect I'd assume many would not want seen on da mainland, but i'ts reality!

they could show da bad guys trying to get away and end up taking ward mauka to the dh direction and quickly end up in gridlock and get caught!

Military storylines are a given. there is so much fodder within that , that they could use.

Hawaii 5-0 did many.

It's a great fish out of water conflict subject built rite in, ready to have storylines created from just about any aspect of it.

Comment

Here's an interesting question: What categories of crimes would be a good idea for future plots, and what categories of crimes would not?

The aversion to a home invasion storyline is reasonable (as is, probably, a photocopier technician going bezerk), but keep in mind what we've already seen portrayed in our fair state so far. Two serial killers (the pilot's beheader, and the "Maunakea Killer), hostage taking bank robbers, tourist carjackers, prison escapees... we've seen organized crime, prostitution, cockfights and dogfights, kids in peril, crooked cops...

With all that already out there, what's left?
                          Illegal Asian immigrant smuggling and Chinatown sweatshop slavery? Greedy Asian developers muscling in on the real estate market? Murderous manapua truck vendor wars?

How about stranding the main characters out in the boonies somewhere (Moloka'i maybe?) and doing a survival story? Or maybe a Kaho'olawe story: they have to chase someone, who flees to a hideout on Kaho'olawe in the middle of a we're-not-sure-if-all-the-explosives-are-really-gone area...

To get more political: A modern-day Massie case? Iwi theft/desecration? And what about that elephant that no one in Hollywood probably wants to touch: Hawaiian sovereignty?

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                            How about stranding the main characters out in the boonies somewhere (Moloka'i maybe?)
                            that would work and not be boring cuz they would do their usual two other overlapping stories also...
                            To get more political: A modern-day Massie case? Iwi theft/desecration? And what about that elephant that no one in Hollywood probably wants to touch: Hawaiian sovereignty?

good ideas.
                            they could emulate the orig massie or the victim could be a visitor... or even a local who for some reason is antisoveregnty and then they gotta figure was it retaliation for being a traitor against ones people..
                            lotta ways to create interesting plot twists.

They could have do astoryline thats an elaboration, 9so as not to look so plagarized direct fro the headlines) of some group breaking into the museum and taking a sacred relic or ki'i that may or may not be the cause of so much pilikia at da museum...

Comment

They should investigate a bullying mayoral candidate who has a bad habit of actually lifting fellow Council Members off the ground during heated disagreements.

Comment

Originally posted by Neo
                                They should investigate a bullying mayoral candidate who has a bad habit of actually lifting fellow Council Members off the ground during heated disagreements.
                                (maybe he jezz wantsta see eye to eye with them?!)

or they can investigate this fantastical story that probably would never happen to any city in the world, (least I would never wish it on anyone)

lessee;
                                a nerdy haole mayor better suited for inglewood loots taxpayer dollars and erects illogical badly designed statues all round town; every block or two in Waikiki. He spends millions on wasteful road and sidewalk redevelopment and town name signage when the Honolulu hiways and byways already are screaming for attention, cuz they cant seem to get out of the mental rut of only paving in da first place with substandard materials in an amateurish fashion, necessitating numerous road repair locations ongoing in town every day and every year.

Boy what a storyline. But no one would believe it.

Comment

Working...
                                X