Aloha mai kakou!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha mai kakou!

Aloha! I have been meaning to check this place out for quite some time thanks to Peshkwe who pointed out this site to a bunch of us old timer posters over at the Honolulu Advertiser's bulletin board.

To begin with, I wanted to introduce myself here and hope to get to know more of you "regulars" as time goes by. I have noticed some of my hoaloha are here before me. So, permit me a very brief introduction in the traditions of my ancestors:

Aloha mai kakou. O Kalua ko'u inoa. Noho au i Makaha, Wai'anae, O'ahu o Kakuhihewa. He one hanau no Keaukaha, Moku o Keawe. O Kalua, he keiki a Eddie Kalu Wilson laua Hannah Hana Mahi. E ola, e ulu, e alohaloha ke akua, na aumakua, na kiniakua, me na pae 'aina o Hawai'i nei. Aloha e... aloha mai... aloha e...
    He leo wale no...

Re: Aloha mai kakou!

Aloha ahiahi kaua Tutulady

Pehea 'oe? Nice to see you here and to see some Hawaiian. I wandered over from soc.culture.hawaii

Nothing else - just wanted to say 'e komo mai'

Peter Forster

Comment

*Looks at the avatar pic*

Eh??

*runs over to the HA board n looks thru the avatar pics*

Eh???????

*runs back and double looks dis one agin*

Laura...zat you??

Comment

Aloha and welcome to the Threads, Tutulady.
        Send POI

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe
          *Looks at the avatar pic*

Eh??

*runs over to the HA board n looks thru the avatar pics*

Eh???????

*runs back and double looks dis one agin*

Laura...zat you??
          First of all, mahalo nui to all for the warm welcomes. I look forward to meeting and talking story in future.

Pesh - The avatar is a caracature of me done by dmblond. It was based on a photo from 2002 (I think you saw that one). However, the avatar lost some poundage in the process don't ya think? LOLOLOL I know I lost some, and wish I really looked as good as Tutu but my guess is that those poser programs cannot draw true to life yet. Ahh well, one can only hope for someday eh? *hehe* You push the brushes right, do you do caricatures as well? (just curious of course)
          He leo wale no...

Comment

Originally posted by kumukulanui
            Aloha ahiahi kaua Tutulady

Pehea 'oe? Nice to see you here and to see some Hawaiian. I wandered over from soc.culture.hawaii

Nothing else - just wanted to say 'e komo mai'

Peter Forster
            Aloha no e Pekelo! Maika'i no au mahalo! A'o'oe? Is soc.culture.hawaii an 'olelo Hawai'i site? Perhaps I will go check it out and see since I have not heard of that site. Anyway, thank you for the acknowledgement and hope to talk more later yeah?
            He leo wale no...

Comment

Originally posted by Tutulady
              First of all, mahalo nui to all for the warm welcomes. I look forward to meeting and talking story in future.

Pesh - The avatar is a caracature of me done by dmblond. It was based on a photo from 2002 (I think you saw that one). However, the avatar lost some poundage in the process don't ya think? LOLOLOL I know I lost some, and wish I really looked as good as Tutu but my guess is that those poser programs cannot draw true to life yet. Ahh well, one can only hope for someday eh? *hehe* You push the brushes right, do you do caricatures as well? (just curious of course)
              Heehee...I thought I recognised the Koshini doll.... tho' it's a bit limited in facial morphs. Yeah I can do caricatures, tho only thing up that you can see is these (mouse over the pic):

http://www.pali.net/sightssounds/sights.booklet04.html

I really got to get a website up one day...but talking about mehself is an anathma....bleh.....let alone doing the coding 'cause I sure can't afford to get it done.

Hey go over to the HA when ya get a chance, check your PM's I needs some input.

Comment

Originally posted by Tutulady
                Aloha no e Pekelo! Maika'i no au mahalo! A'o'oe? Is soc.culture.hawaii an 'olelo Hawai'i site? Perhaps I will go check it out and see since I have not heard of that site. Anyway, thank you for the acknowledgement and hope to talk more later yeah?
                Maika'i au mahalo Tutulady.

s.c.h is hardly ever an 'olelo Hawai'i site, although it is in theory.

Tank yu tu mas and ta ta (Bislama from Vanuatu, where I lived last)

Peter

Comment

Working...
                X