X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wal-Mart War Room

Originally posted by Miulang
    OK, oy gevalt=Jewish slang for Jesus Christ!
    schmatta=clothes
    kvetch=complain (bitch)
    verklempt =choked up
    And dat. Bruddah Kimo, is your first Yiddish lesson! Hey, if Bette Midler can say dis kine, den so can I!!!

Miulang

make that my last, too, k?

I can only say
    midler
    cuz da sistah steh come from ewa.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
      make that my last, too, k?

I can only say
      midler
      cuz da sistah steh come from ewa.
      Eh, Kimo, you gotta learn dakine if you want to be a citizen of da world . Since America stay be made up of all kine peeps who came from all ova da place, in da American vernacular you going see all kine words from odda places, jess like wen we go talk pidgin we go use some fracchured English wit dakine Hawaiian, Japanese, Chinese, anykine words stuck insai, yeah? Da oni reason I stay know lido bit Yiddish is because I wen go live in Boston foa 10 years and I was hanai'd wit one yenta who wen teach me dakine.

And I thought Bette was from Kailua? She always go make jokes about being da only red haired Jew in school!

Miulang

BTW: September is da holiest month of da year for Jews. Get Yom Kippur. I'm kinda surprised no moa moa violence on da West Bank right now.
      Last edited by Miulang; September 25, 2004, 06:30 AM.
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Eh, Kimo, you gotta learn dakine if you want to be a citizen of da world . Since America stay be made up of all kine peeps who came from all ova da place,

Da oni reason I stay know lido bit Yiddish is because I wen go live in Boston

you can have america.

besides;
        I don't see myself going to bwah stun anytime dis lifetime.
        or Yid
        I do see myself going to Tahiti.
        fiji
        Cook islands.
        and hitting other polynesian landfalls.
        yid ish not needed there.
        (or here in hawaii for that matter.)

Comment

you can have america.

besides;
          I don't see myself going to bwah stun anytime dis lifetime.
          or Yid
          I do see myself going to Tahiti.
          fiji
          Cook islands.
          and hitting other polynesian landfalls.
          yid ish not needed there.
          (or here in hawaii for that matter.)
          <sigh> Mieux vait plier que rompre, mon ami. Par ce que tout vent à point à qui sait attendre. Tous les goût, sont dans la nature.

Miulang

Ho'olilo a noho!

P.S. What makes you think there won't be some hot hootchie mama yenta tending bar in Papaete, hmmm?
          Last edited by Miulang; September 25, 2004, 11:06 AM.
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

P.S. What makes you think there won't be some hot hootchie mama yenta tending bar in Papaete, hmmm?

the law of averages, that's what.

Comment

I was wrong...there was a WM news story today (er...maybe it's tomorrow...time zones, you know).

A community in NJ says, "Do you know how to spell collusion" with the local planning board?

Miulang

More here: http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?x206679655

BTW: I'm off on a little excursion to SFO for business for a few days so I'll check around down there for more WM tidbits.

Comment

BTW: I'm off on a little excursion to SFO for business for a few days so I'll check around down there for more WM tidbits.

lucky you.
                great seedy.
                say aloha to da tonga room for me!

Comment

lucky you.
                  great seedy.
                  say aloha to da tonga room for me!
                  Where stay dat place? I staying at da St. Francis (dat's where da conference going be)

Comment

Where stay dat place? I staying at da St. Francis (dat's where da conference going be)
                    it has been long time;
                    ma wahine and I wen stop ovah at da savoy. Up da hill from union sq. which is of course x da street.

Tonga room
                    in da fairmont.

no fo get lil it lee. and da buena vista

and fishermans wahff...

and trader vics emeryville

an sausalito

Comment

Hui Kimo:
                      Just wen go come home (da conference was so boring dat we wen go catch one earlier flight!).

Neva have too much time for do much besides da conference...but we were in da St. Francis, which is just down da street from da Fairmont. One night we wen go eat one expense account dinner at Kutelo's which is one really good Italian restaurant one block down from da St. Francis.

Last night, we wen go eat down Fisherman's Wharf (Sabella's) onolicious kine seafood (again was on one expense account...I like dakine !)

Yesterday we had lido bit time, so me and dis coworker who went to da conference wit me wen to up to Chinatown. He one collector, so we wen go to dis place and he wen go buy some glass vases for about 80% discount. I wen go buy one carved jade piece over 100 years old for about 90% discount (da store was going out of business).

Today we cut out of da last session and wen go back to Chinatown for dim sum. Ho da ono was!

I home now (3 hours early) so it's back to da Wal-Mart Room news. Downtown SF no moa WM, but about every block get one Walgreen! PETA was picketing in front of Neiman Expensive, but neva have too many bums lying around Union Sq.

Going be hard to go back hoe hana tomorrow, though

Miulang

Comment

Downtown SF no moa WM, but about every block get one Walgreen!
                        walmart.
                        walgreens.

same poison.
                        slightly different name.
                        same parent.

Comment

In today's WM newsblip, we have a story from India which says WM has now set up the ability to buy goods in India for its stores.

The next time you buy that spatula at WM or that trendy garment, check the label. You might discover that it was manufactured in India!

Read more here: http://www.siliconindia.com/shownews...wscat=Business

P.S. We now have a group of protestors in Mexico on a hunger strike to try to prevent the opening of the Mexico City WM. Ah, if only Mahatma Ghandhi was still alive. I only hope those people don't get run over by a bulldozer in the parking lot where the plexiglassed pre-Hispanic altar is housed.

Miulang

Comment

Used ta be that shoes came from Brazil or China...now look for shoes from India at your local WM! (http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthr...newpost&t=2601).

Waitaminute! I thought cows were sacred in India! What the hecuba is going on? Where is the leather coming from, then??????
                            Miulang

Comment

In today's episode, we have an article from The Financial Express in India which states that India is hoping to secure $10 billion in trade with WM. OK. First we ship technology jobs over to them, and now we ship American bucks to them. They have a nuclear program that no one seems to want to talk about. They like us for now because we have money. They hate Nepal. Will they use some of the currency they get from us to expand their nuclear capability to become a world power and prove it by dropping the big one on Nepal? Lord knows they have the people...

In other news, Xinhua News (China) reports today that the Mexico City WM construction has been halted. Since I can't read Chinese, I can't corroborate this story until it comes out in some English-speaking (non-American) news story, probably tomorrow.

Miulang

India story: http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?x210110158
                              Last edited by Miulang; October 3, 2004, 04:55 PM.

Comment

The Guardian (England) just published a story about what the people in Chicago think of WM efforts to build some stores in their community. I believe the reporting is a whole lot more objective than anything the US press could do, so for your edification, read here: http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?x210136999

I like the part about how the rationale that welcoming WM into a community will create more jobs is fallacious...all it does is move customers around and close down other businesses, so the net result is 0 or next to 0 gains in employment opportunities.

Miulang

Comment

Working...
                                X