Chinky Mahoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinky Mahoe

I'm splitting the Chinky Mahoe conversation from the "Have you met someone famous?" thread. Carry on.

Re: Have you met someone famous?

Impressive list, though perhaps Chinky Mahoe should go on an INfamous list.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
      Impressive list, though perhaps Chinky Mahoe should go on an INfamous list.
      Only Chinky and the Gods know the truth. Therefore, I never have, nor will I start now, make comments or judgements about someone without knowing first hand the details on which to make such a judgement. E kala mai.
      He leo wale no...

Comment

Originally posted by Tutulady
        Only Chinky and the Gods know the truth. Therefore, I never have, nor will I start now, make comments or judgements about someone without knowing first hand the details on which to make such a judgement.
        Only Chinky, the Gods, and the four young boys he admitted in court that he molested. Oh, and their distraught families and friends. (See http://starbulletin.com/98/05/22/news/story6.html , among many other published news reports.)
        A multi-year series of molestations and a guilty/no contest plea to five felony counts and one misdemeanor count are cold hard "truth" and "details", as is the fact that Chinky Mahoe not only did not apologize to the boys and their parents, he publicly refused to apologize to them.
        I've seen many cases where he was a guest at various performances. There was almost no applause whatsoever when he walked on stage, and many people actually got up and left, including myself.
        Like yourself, Tutulady, I can forgive and forget almost anything. But to let a convicted and acknowledged child molester continue to work with children and continue to represent the Hawaiian culture is nothing less than a travesty. Shame on those who stick their heads in the sand and pretend it never happened.
        Last edited by LikaNui; September 15, 2004, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Only Chinky, the Gods, and the ...

Shame on those who stick their heads in the sand and pretend it never happened.

shame on those that promulgate bad news. it's not the island style.

Comment

Re: Have you met someone INfamous?

Originally posted by kimo55
            shame on those that promulgate bad news. it's not the island style.
            Nonsense.
            Go ahead and tell that "island style" baloney to the next kids who get molested.

Hooray for those who protect our island children from convicted child molesters like Chinky Mahoe!
            Last edited by LikaNui; September 15, 2004, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Only Chinky, the Gods, and the four young boys he admitted in court that he molested. Oh, and their distraught families and friends. (See http://starbulletin.com/98/05/22/news/story6.html , among many other published news reports.)
              A multi-year series of molestations and a guilty/no contest plea to five felony counts and one misdemeanor count are cold hard "truth" and "details", as is the fact that Chinky Mahoe not only did not apologize to the boys and their parents, he publicly refused to apologize to them.
              I've seen many cases where he was a guest at various performances. There was almost no applause whatsoever when he walked on stage, and many people actually got up and left, including myself.
              Like yourself, Tutulady, I can forgive and forget almost anything. But to let a convicted and acknowledged child molester continue to work with children and continue to represent the Hawaiian culture is nothing less than a travesty. Shame on those who stick their heads in the sand and pretend it never happened.
              Unlike you though, I tend not to take every word that's printed in the newspaper or that is spoken on a news report as law. All I'm saying is that I don't know all the details of that story as I was not in Hawai'i (or the US for that matter) when all that happened (the court hearing, et al. that is). I wouldn't call that sticking my head in the sand. Indeed, as a survivor of child molestation, I would be as angry, if not a right bit more were I able to go beyond news reports and find out FOR MYSELF just what the facts are... for reasons explained previously. I realise that it's hard to garner people's intent while using this type of platform but shame on you for turning something (this thread) perfectly positive and without malice, into something demeaning and mean spirited. But that's ok, I forgive you.
              He leo wale no...

Comment

Re: Have you met someone INfamous?

Nonsense.
                Go ahead and tell that "island style" baloney to the next kids who get molested.

Hooray for those who protect our island children from convicted child molesters like Chinky Mahoe!
                You're absolutely right. In fact i support your next step; buying a big panel truck and plaster pictures of the incidents and chinky and the web links on the sides and back and drive all over Honolulu in warning.

Comment

Re: Chinky Mahoe

Why bother? Folks can warn themselves. Thanks to Megan's Law and some legislative tweaking, the Hawaii Sex Offender Registry is slowly coming back online. With only a handful of names there now, though, it'll take a while to catch up to Chinky...

His indictment and no contest plea are a matter of public record. True, each of us decides who to believe, how to judge (or not judge at all). But while this is hardly light-and-fluffy cocktail conversation, I don't think it's so awful to examine and debate.

Is it merely promulgating bad news, a violation of "the island style," to feel strongly about Chinky's case? What about forming opinions about Rene Mansho, or Andy Mirikitani? These are people who put themselves before the public eye... and in Chinky's case, entrusted with the care and guidance of children.

I'm all for "the island style," but not at the expense of occasionally calling a spade or spade, or acknowledging that darker things exist, even in Hawaii.

Actually, like Tutulady, I don't feel I know enough to form an opinion, either way. I think it's fine that some people have. Her initial mention was "perfectly positive and without malice," but it definitely sparked some debate. With a separate thread, it can continue.

Comment

>> I wouldn't call that sticking my head in the sand. <<

Oh, I wasn't aiming that comment specifically at you, TutuLady; it was a general comment to the world at large.

>> I would be as angry, if not a right bit more were I able to go beyond news reports and find out FOR MYSELF just what the facts are. <<

That's easy. Go to http://www.courts.state.hi.us/index.jsp and under the Legal References heading click on Search Court Records. Once you enter that site you can enter a search for Howell Mahoe (Chinky's legal name) or search under Case ID number 1PC97-0-001219 and from there you can click on Court Minutes and read the official minutes from each appearance on the case, including the conviction and the sentencing. You can also see the original six charges.
                    So now that you can easily find out for yourself, are you angry (as you said you would be, above)?
                    Last edited by LikaNui; September 15, 2004, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Admin you should move this topic to the forefront. It should be talked about. My friend had a son (12) who wasn't part of the Mahoe court
                      proceedings but he and his family have been affected by the incident
                      and typically local style, they don'tt discuss and he's not had therapy.
                      They kind of treat it like Auntie and TuTu and whoever thinks just because
                      you have Kumu infront your name that you have the right to molesting
                      children.

No one wants to hurt another person when they're down but
                      incidents like this with Chinky Mahoe and other celebritries
                      like nabors, a former modeling agent, so many settled cases
                      out of court and continue to... molest minors. Not right any way you
                      say it.

Comment

Originally posted by candyglassy@gmail.com
                        Admin you should move this topic to the forefront. It should be talked about.[...]
                        At this point in time it's a very old thread. The message immediately before yours is dated Sept. 2004. Kinda hard to move a topic this old to the forefront. That's not a reflection on how I feel about this topic. But, the thread is old...outdated. Apparently no one felt the need to continue it almost a year and a half ago. If it makes the news again I'd guess this thread will be revived or a new thread started.

Ummm...just curious. How does the admin. move this topic "to the forefront"? He already split it from the famous people thread and renamed it. What more should he do, in your opinion? And, in the name of 'edumacation' ,<g> HT isn't a blog as you've referred to it in other messages. The HT admin. is the King of Blogs. This isn't one 'em but I've followed his real blogs for years!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                          Ummm...just curious. How does the admin. move this topic "to the forefront"? He already split it from the famous people thread and renamed it. What more should he do, in your opinion? And, in the name of 'edumacation' ,<g> HT isn't a blog as you've referred to it in other messages. The HT admin. is the King of Blogs. This isn't one 'em but I've followed his real blogs for years!
                          ...jumping up and down! das how I started BLOGGING ~ I'm Auntie Pupule!

dis is a Public Forum. We "talk story!"

http://tinyurl.com/bt6en

Hi tutusue!
                          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                            ...jumping up and down! das how I started BLOGGING ~ I'm Auntie Pupule!

dis is a Public Forum. We "talk story!"

http://tinyurl.com/bt6en

Hi tutusue!
                            Bwahaha!
                            Hey, Auntie! Have you recovered from your birthday?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                              Bwahaha!
                              Hey, Auntie! Have you recovered from your birthday?
                              Actually Girfriend, I almost recovered. Den I went to Chinatown last night. Back to Square one.

...back on topic. uhh. Neva mind. Old Thread.

Lynn
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                              X