Chinky Mahoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chinky Mahoe

Ok I get scoldings. Yeah it's an old thread and he's not (current news)
    but "king of blogs" for Hawaii news is supposedly the best
    place to confirm good story. Haven't seen anything yet. More like you all know each other long time and get on just to talk story. Where can i go
    to dish dish?

Comment

Originally posted by candyglassy@gmail.com
      Ok I get scoldings. Yeah it's an old thread and he's not (current news)
      but "king of blogs" for Hawaii news is supposedly the best
      place to confirm good story. Haven't seen anything yet. More like you all know each other long time and get on just to talk story. Where can i go
      to dish dish?
      It depends what what you like "dish dish" on. Old threads are just that..."OLD". We are an Ohana here at HT. Yes, we have our fights like any community. We have our own opinions on various topics and sometimes threads get really HOT! However, each member is respected for their input as long as they go by the rules and regulations of this Forum. I have been guilty many a times of crossing the line but have wiggled and apologized my tail back in.

Hence, do a search on the Forum on what you may be interested in. Who knows it may generate interest again. Or start a new thread. Yes, most of the regulars know each other a long time. However, we embrace new members quickly and are quite helpful when asked for assistance.

Auntie Lynn
      Last edited by 1stwahine; January 22, 2006, 09:00 PM.
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I'm with candyglassy. The public has a short memory (we elected Mufi Hanneman, didn't we?), and this man should never be allowed to work with children, and those of us who care should probably remind everyone once in a while.

I believe in forgiveness and I could forgive Mr. Mahoe if he were to indicate in some way that he were repentant. But let him work with children again? Not just "no," but "hell no."

Those who are inclined to cut the guy some slack should ask themselves if they'd be just as willing if he were a kindergarten teacher.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Re: Have you met someone famous?

Originally posted by LikaNui
          Chinky Mahoe not only did not apologize to the boys and their parents, he publicly refused to apologize to them.
          Likely on the advice of his attorney; a public apology is NOT recommended with a "no contest" plea. Nolo contendre is where a defendant agrees to the charges and declines to refute the evidence as presented; it cannot be used as an admission in other proceedings, whereas a public apology can.

Comment

I'm kind of surprised Uncle George Naope allows Chinky to continue to list him as his kumu on his website.

Uncle George disassociated himself from an annual hula festival in Seattle (bruddah G knows which one) by refusing the festival the use of his name because he didn't like the politics involved with running the festival. That didn't hurt anyone but did deprive hundreds of local expats the opportunity to see 2 days of hula.

Pedophilia hurts innocent children.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
              Uncle George disassociated himself from an annual hula festival in Seattle (bruddah G knows which one) by refusing the festival the use of his name because he didn't like the politics involved with running the festival.
              I do indeed; luckily, the one year I participated, I not only had the honor of meeting him (as my kumu's kumu), but even got to see him dance a distinctly after-hours version of "Tewetewe." Unforgettable! (And it most assuredly was NOT performed in front of any children.)

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                I do indeed; luckily, the one year I participated, I not only had the honor of meeting him (as my kumu's kumu), but even got to see him dance a distinctly after-hours version of "Tewetewe." Unforgettable! (And it most assuredly was NOT performed in front of any children.)
                Was that the year that Uluwehe Guerero was a judge and Alaka'i Paleka was the announcer? That was our first festival too, and it was absolutely fantastic.

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Since this is a thread about a convicted child molester, perhaps it would be a good idea to start a new thread about any festivals or other hula events and dancers, etc?
                  Just a thought.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Since this is a thread about a convicted child molester, perhaps it would be a good idea to start a new thread about any festivals or other hula events and dancers, etc?
                    Just a thought.
                    Oooooh, some anonymous soul gave me a negative reputation point for the post quoted above.
                    I'm broken-hearted.
                    Shattered, even.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Oooooh, some anonymous soul gave me a negative reputation point for the post quoted above.
                      I'm broken-hearted.
                      Shattered, even.
                      Ouch. Wasn't me. We did go off-topic (that happens so rarely!) though, sorry. (Oops! We should be discussing this in the old "Reputation" thread, shouldn't we?)

Anyway, back to Mr. Mahoe. My earlier comment regarding his lack of public apology was not meant to defend or condemn him in any way (I'm not familiar enough with the circumstances), just to note why he may have been unwilling to make such a statement, likely on advice of counsel.

Comment

Originally Posted by LikaNui
                        Since this is a thread about a convicted child molester, perhaps it would be a good idea to start a new thread about any festivals or other hula events and dancers, etc? Just a thought.

Hi,
                        Read some of your comments old and new and like your thinking.
                        You look at the bigger picture and yes, you're right.
                        so much negativity it's not comfortable to rehash when we could
                        call attention to more positive news but just a question. was he really convicted? If he were, how can he continue to work with kids? Isn't that against the law?

cg

Comment

Originally Posted by LikaNui
                          Since this is a thread about a convicted child molester, perhaps it would be a good idea to start a new thread about any festivals or other hula events and dancers, etc? Just a thought.

Hi,
                          Read some of your comments old and new and like your thinking.
                          You look at the bigger picture and yes, you're right.
                          so much negativity it's not comfortable to rehash when we could
                          call attention to more positive news but just a question. was he really convicted? If he were, how can he continue to work with kids? Isn't that against the law?

cg
                          Self-Employed...

What is he gonna do...run a background check on himself?

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                            Self-Employed...

What is he gonna do...run a background check on himself?

Ok Ok. You got a great point but isn't it illegal to allow him to work with kids after a conviction this serious? That well known stylist and owner of a modeling agency that was accused of child molestation and the family and him settled, part of the settlement was that he had to sell his company even though it handled mostly adults. If Mr. Mahoe was convicted, wouldn't
                            that be automatic? If you were the judge? Preventing this man
                            from continuing to work around children if that was his "illness".
                            Please, tell me it's not true. Any lawyers out there?
                            cg

Comment

[...]That well known stylist and owner of a modeling agency that was accused of child molestation and the family and him settled, part of the settlement was that he had to sell his company even though it handled mostly adults.[...]
                              Locally or on the mainland? Any URLs? TIA...

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                                Locally or on the mainland? Any URLs? TIA...

Local I am fairly certain we're talking about the same person.

As for Mr. Mahoe, someone told me last night that he is now
                                born again and is participating in Merry Monarch this year.
                                I cannot think of another profession or society (the world of hula?) where adults work very closely with young people, and a teacher is revealed to be a pedophile but is allowed to continue teaching children.

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/newrepl...reply&p=55486#

Comment

Working...
                                X