Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinky Mahoe

Angry Re: Kinky Chinky Mahoe

Quote Originally Posted by pzarquon View Post
    I don't think it'd be too hard to make Chinky Mahoe a commercial liability rather than an asset -- and I can't fathom why he isn't already.
    Reviving this old thread (one of many that contained discussions about Kinky Chinky, most of which were deservedly negative) to say that there are two new opportunities to make him that "commercial liability" that Ryan mentioned.
    First is The Makaha Sons annual "Take A Walk In The Country" concert at the Waikiki Shell tomorrow (Saturday) night, where one of the guests is (as usual) Chinky Mahoe. I love the Sons but will boycott (again) the concert because of Chinky. I hope others will too, but if you must go, please get up and walk out when Chinky comes onstage, as many of us did before.
    Second is a new compilation CD. In today’s Advertiser, Wayne Harada’s “Island Sounds” column includes a review of the new CD "Mea Makamae (Hawaiian Treasures)" by various artists; Poki Records. Harada lists many of the performers and their songs, then adds "with additional tracks by Justin, Rocky Brown, Kahua, Chinky Mahoe, Frank Kawaikapuokalani Hewett, and the Hawaiian All-Star Band."
    Obviously I'm not going to buy that CD and I'll be glad to tell record stores and Poki Records the reason why:
    BOYCOTT THE CHILD MOLESTER.
    We might forgive, but we will never forget.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Default Re: Chinky Mahoe

I'm with you ALL da way!

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Another for your list, perhaps?

Walt Keale (related, of course, to Uncle Moe, and to IZ & Skippy dem) recorded one of Mahoe's songs on his just-released debut CD, "Kahikina."

For those of you who might be interested in seeing whether or not there are sex offenders in your own little neighborhoods you can find out here:

http://www.familywatchdog.us/

Yep, Chinky shows up in my neighborhood, complete with picture, address, and list of offenses.

Thumbs down Re: Kinky Chinky Mahoe

Quote Originally Posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
    For those of you who might be interested in seeing whether or not there are sex offenders in your own little neighborhoods you can find out here: http://www.familywatchdog.us/. Yep, Chinky shows up in my neighborhood, complete with picture, address, and list of offenses.
    And I'm reviving this thread because he's showing up in your neighborhood again, according to this new story :
    The I Love Kailua Town Party will feature a stage just for hula performances from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., featuring halau from Kailua.
    The party, on Kailua Road, is set for 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. Admission is $3; children under 12 get in free.
    (...)
    The groups performing are:
    (...)
    2:45 p.m.: Halau Hula 'O Kawaili'ula, Chinky Mahoe.
    And how utterly revolting that the story includes (as seen above) "Children under 12 get in free." In reality, children under 12 should be kept miles away!
    I can't imagine what the ILKTP folks were thinking, but they just lost the business of all my friends and I. We will definitely NOT attend their event, due to their idiotic inclusion of a convicted child molester as a performer.
    As I've said about Kinky Chinky before, we may forgive... but we'll NEVER forget.

Angry Re: Chinky Mahoe

* bump*

The Harold K.L. Castle Foundation and Kaneohe Ranch are sponsoring hula events in Kailua, at the fountain courtyard at Kainalu Plaza. At 6pm on Thursday, July 15, the guest kumu hula is convicted multiple child molester Chinky Mahoe.
    I've notified both groups of my outrage.
    As I continue to say about Chinky -- we may forgive, but we'll never forget.

Angry Re: Chinky Mahoe

Kinky Chinky has a website at http://halauhulaokawailiula.ning.com/ .

Disgustingly, on the main page it includes "Keiki Classes started 1/5/10. Accepting ages from 7yrs - 12yrs."

Say WHAT?!?!!!

Even more disgusting is the slideshow of photos right below that, showing Kinky Chinky working with innocent young children.

I want to PUKE.

Quote Originally Posted by LikaNui View Post
    [...]
    As I continue to say about Chinky -- we may forgive, but we'll never forget.
    Hmmm...does the "we" in "we may forgive" include you, LN?

this is probably not very "PC" but he is a convicted sexual predator. he should not be allowed to even be in the same room with children, let alone in close contact that comes with teaching hula.

there - i've said it. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to child molesters.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Amen. Let him teach hula if he wants. Leave him alone with children? Hell no.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Quote Originally Posted by anapuni808 View Post
    this is probably not very "PC" but he is a convicted sexual predator. he should not be allowed to even be in the same room with children, let alone in close contact that comes with teaching hula.

there - i've said it. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to child molesters.
    Quote Originally Posted by scrivener View Post
    Amen. Let him teach hula if he wants. Leave him alone with children? Hell no.
    A child molester is a monster. The nightmares never end for the victims. Lives are blemished forever. A monster stays quiet until the next prey. It may be years...but the monster will strike. Leaving the monster alone? With Children Who will be to blame?

Monsters should be locked up forever. If the crook wants to continue teaching hula, film it and show the kids a DVD.

Chinky Mahoe will be taking part in an upcoming keiki hula competition scheduled to take place at Modesto, California in August 13-15.

The 3rd Annual George Na'ope Keiki Hula Competition

To Our Honored Judges for this event, we are grateful for their commitment of time, knowledge, aloha, and support of Uncle George Na'ope and this event. Our Judges for hula confirmed this year will be Chinky Māhoe, Frank Kawaikapuokalani Hewett, & Keala Ching.
    Mahoe being referred to as an "honored judge" at a hula competition involving young children.

That's just totally wrong.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

The festival director/co-founder is Rick Makanaaloha Kia'imeaokekanaka San Nicolas.

His email address is ricks@hawaiianfeathers.com

Please write and make your feelings known. I just did.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

I did too.

I did too.
    Thanks for the contact info, Anapuni808. And thanks for the heads up about that event, Frankie.

In my post #81 above, I should have added this:

Castle Foundation:
    http://www.castlefoundation.org/

H. Mitchell D'Olier, President and CEO
    Email: mitch@castlefoundation.org
    Phone: 808-263-8911

Bio:
    H. Mitchell "Mitch" D’Olier has been a Director of the Harold K.L. Castle Foundation since 1994 and was elected President and Chief Executive Officer of the Foundation in July 2002. He was previously President and Chief Executive Officer of Victoria Ward, Limited. Prior to that, Mitch was President and Chief Operating Officer of Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. and its related companies. Prior to joining Hawaiian, he was a partner in the Honolulu law firm Goodsill Anderson Quinn & Stifel, which he joined as an associate in February 1972.
    Mitch is a member and past chair of the Hawaii Business Roundtable; member and past president of the Rotary Club of Honolulu; member of the Board of Advisors and past president of the Boys and Girls Club of Hawaii; and a director of various community organizations.
    Mitch and his wife, Bambi, moved to Hawaii from Iowa in 1972. They have three sons.

He is also President and CEO of Kaneohe Ranch, http://www.kaneoheranch.com/ , the sister company of the Castle Foundation.

That's who I wrote to about the Kailua event. He has kids of his own and is involved in kids organizations, so I reminded him of that.

Quote Originally Posted by LikaNui View Post
    I did too.
    Thanks for the contact info, Anapuni808. And thanks for the heads up about that event, Frankie.

In my post #81 above, I should have added this:

Castle Foundation:
    http://www.castlefoundation.org/

H. Mitchell D'Olier, President and CEO
    Email: mitch@castlefoundation.org
    Phone: 808-263-8911

Bio:
    H. Mitchell "Mitch" D’Olier has been a Director of the Harold K.L. Castle Foundation since 1994 and was elected President and Chief Executive Officer of the Foundation in July 2002. He was previously President and Chief Executive Officer of Victoria Ward, Limited. Prior to that, Mitch was President and Chief Operating Officer of Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. and its related companies. Prior to joining Hawaiian, he was a partner in the Honolulu law firm Goodsill Anderson Quinn & Stifel, which he joined as an associate in February 1972.
    Mitch is a member and past chair of the Hawaii Business Roundtable; member and past president of the Rotary Club of Honolulu; member of the Board of Advisors and past president of the Boys and Girls Club of Hawaii; and a director of various community organizations.
    Mitch and his wife, Bambi, moved to Hawaii from Iowa in 1972. They have three sons.

He is also President and CEO of Kaneohe Ranch, http://www.kaneoheranch.com/ , the sister company of the Castle Foundation.

That's who I wrote to about the Kailua event. He has kids of his own and is involved in kids organizations, so I reminded him of that.
    He also attends First Presbyterian Church of Honolulu.

http://www.childluresprevention.com/...f-Molester.pdf
    A Profile of a Child Molester reports:

How many child molesters live in the United States?
    Approximately 400,000 convicted pedophiles currently reside in the United States, according to Department of Justice estimates.

How many victims does a child molester average?
    Male offenders who abused girls had an average of 52 victims each.
    Men who molested boys had an astonishing average of 150 victims each.
    Only 3% of these crimes had ever been detected.

Wouldn’t a vigilant parent be able to detect a child molester, just by their actions?
    Not necessarily. Remember, sex offenders who prey on children:
    Are notoriously friendly, nice, kind, engaging and likeable.
    Target their victims, often insinuating themselves into that child’s life - their family, school, house of worship, sports, and hobbies.
    Are professional con artists and are expert at getting children and families to trust them.
    Will smile at you, look you right in the eye and make you believe they are trustworthy.

I pose the questions: does a vigilant part allow their child to be in close contact with a convicted child molester? What does it say about the common sense of a parent who would? Is it reasonable for a parent to "forgive" a molester at the jeopardy of the safety of their child?
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

I think it is commendable for all of you to write messages of concern to Mr. San Nicholas about Chinky Mahoe's background. But there's a good chance he may already be aware of Mahoe's status as a sex offender. I mean, if San Nicholas was a friend of Uncle George and a part of that social circle, how could he not know this, right?

San Nicholas and other kumus probably know about Mahoe's background. But I wonder if the parents of keiki hula dancers on the mainland are aware of this? Maybe not. It's been about a dozen years since he was convicted. People in Hawaii still remember and talk about it. But on the mainland, it's a different story, no? And if these parents had no interest in hula during the 1990s, what are the chances that they were keeping up with the news surrounding Mahoe back then?
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Hmm I thought convicted sex offenders of his nature aren't allowed a whisper near children.

Also, are these lifetime bans? Just wondering. Is this a rehabilitateable (if there is such a word) disease?

Quote Originally Posted by cezanne View Post
    Is this a rehabilitateable (if there is such a word) disease?
    While looking for info on that, I found this interesting perspective on what we should be concentrating on when we educate our children about “who” to be “care of”. It is not the stranger that is the most danger … it is someone who is close to the family.
    http://www.childmolestationpreventio...the_facts.html
    Which Children Do Child Molesters Target?

CHILDREN IN THE FAMILY
    Biological Child
    19%
    Stepchild, Adopted or Foster Child
    30%
    Brothers & Sisters
    12%
    Nieces & Nephews
    18%
    Grandchild
    5%
    CHILDREN IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD
    Child Left in My Care
    5%
    Child of Friend or Neighbor
    40%
    CHILDREN WHO ARE STRANGERS
    Child Strangers
    10%

Notice that only 10 percent of the child sexual abusers report that they molest a child who is a stranger. That means 90% of molesters are targeting their own family members, children of friends or neighbors, or children that are in their care (such as the molester being a babysitter or holding a mentoring position of teacher, youth leader, religious leader, etc).

To save the greatest number of children in the shortest possible time, we must turn the current focus of our efforts upside down. Right now, 90 percent of our efforts go toward protecting our children from strangers, when what we need to do is to focus 90 percent of our efforts toward protecting children from the abusers who are not strangers - the molesters in their families and the molesters who are the friends of their families.
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    But I wonder if the parents of keiki hula dancers on the mainland are aware of this? Maybe not.
    I can't speak for everywhere on the Mainland, but my contacts through the Pacific NW hula community are still very aware of his history.

would that knowledge also extend to California? why in the world would his very serious crimes just be ignored? molesting a child is not something to just be swept under the hula rug and ignored.

Supposedly he is a talented kumu hula. But still - he is a convicted sexual predator, against children. WHY choose him to be a judge of a keiki hula competition? Aren't there any other kumu's who ARE NOT child molestors?

Shortly after his conviction, he showed up at the grand opening of a restaurant in our building - apparently he & the owner were good friends. I was so disgusted just looking at him smiling at everyone that I totally lost my appetite. I don't think I ever ate in that restaurant the short time they were in the building.
    Last edited by anapuni808; June 13th, 2010 at 09:51 PM.
    – Sydney J. Harris

FYI...A Special Report: Oprah and a No-Holds-Barred Conversation with Child Molesters

This is a repeat from a few months ago and will air today.

Angry Re: Kinky Chinky Mahoe

* bump *

Kinky Chinky had his halau in the Merrie Monarch festival that ended last night.
    Clearly there are still crazy parents out there who trust a convicted child molester.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast