Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kinky Chinky Mahoe

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
    I don't think it'd be too hard to make Chinky Mahoe a commercial liability rather than an asset -- and I can't fathom why he isn't already.
    Reviving this old thread (one of many that contained discussions about Kinky Chinky, most of which were deservedly negative) to say that there are two new opportunities to make him that "commercial liability" that Ryan mentioned.
    First is The Makaha Sons annual "Take A Walk In The Country" concert at the Waikiki Shell tomorrow (Saturday) night, where one of the guests is (as usual) Chinky Mahoe. I love the Sons but will boycott (again) the concert because of Chinky. I hope others will too, but if you must go, please get up and walk out when Chinky comes onstage, as many of us did before.
    Second is a new compilation CD. In today’s Advertiser, Wayne Harada’s “Island Sounds” column includes a review of the new CD "Mea Makamae (Hawaiian Treasures)" by various artists; Poki Records. Harada lists many of the performers and their songs, then adds "with additional tracks by Justin, Rocky Brown, Kahua, Chinky Mahoe, Frank Kawaikapuokalani Hewett, and the Hawaiian All-Star Band."
    Obviously I'm not going to buy that CD and I'll be glad to tell record stores and Poki Records the reason why:
    BOYCOTT THE CHILD MOLESTER.
    We might forgive, but we will never forget.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Re: Chinky Mahoe

I'm with you ALL da way!

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Another for your list, perhaps?

Walt Keale (related, of course, to Uncle Moe, and to IZ & Skippy dem) recorded one of Mahoe's songs on his just-released debut CD, "Kahikina."

Comment

For those of you who might be interested in seeing whether or not there are sex offenders in your own little neighborhoods you can find out here:

http://www.familywatchdog.us/

Yep, Chinky shows up in my neighborhood, complete with picture, address, and list of offenses.

Comment

Re: Kinky Chinky Mahoe

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
            For those of you who might be interested in seeing whether or not there are sex offenders in your own little neighborhoods you can find out here: http://www.familywatchdog.us/. Yep, Chinky shows up in my neighborhood, complete with picture, address, and list of offenses.
            And I'm reviving this thread because he's showing up in your neighborhood again, according to this new story :
            The I Love Kailua Town Party will feature a stage just for hula performances from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., featuring halau from Kailua.
            The party, on Kailua Road, is set for 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. Admission is $3; children under 12 get in free.
            (...)
            The groups performing are:
            (...)
            2:45 p.m.: Halau Hula 'O Kawaili'ula, Chinky Mahoe.
            And how utterly revolting that the story includes (as seen above) "Children under 12 get in free." In reality, children under 12 should be kept miles away!
            I can't imagine what the ILKTP folks were thinking, but they just lost the business of all my friends and I. We will definitely NOT attend their event, due to their idiotic inclusion of a convicted child molester as a performer.
            As I've said about Kinky Chinky before, we may forgive... but we'll NEVER forget.

Comment

* bump*

The Harold K.L. Castle Foundation and Kaneohe Ranch are sponsoring hula events in Kailua, at the fountain courtyard at Kainalu Plaza. At 6pm on Thursday, July 15, the guest kumu hula is convicted multiple child molester Chinky Mahoe.
              I've notified both groups of my outrage.
              As I continue to say about Chinky -- we may forgive, but we'll never forget.

Comment

Kinky Chinky has a website at http://halauhulaokawailiula.ning.com/ .

Disgustingly, on the main page it includes "Keiki Classes started 1/5/10. Accepting ages from 7yrs - 12yrs."

Say WHAT?!?!!!

Even more disgusting is the slideshow of photos right below that, showing Kinky Chinky working with innocent young children.

I want to PUKE.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                  [...]
                  As I continue to say about Chinky -- we may forgive, but we'll never forget.
                  Hmmm...does the "we" in "we may forgive" include you, LN?

Comment

this is probably not very "PC" but he is a convicted sexual predator. he should not be allowed to even be in the same room with children, let alone in close contact that comes with teaching hula.

there - i've said it. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to child molesters.
                    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Amen. Let him teach hula if he wants. Leave him alone with children? Hell no.
                      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                        this is probably not very "PC" but he is a convicted sexual predator. he should not be allowed to even be in the same room with children, let alone in close contact that comes with teaching hula.

there - i've said it. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to child molesters.
                        Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                        Amen. Let him teach hula if he wants. Leave him alone with children? Hell no.
                        A child molester is a monster. The nightmares never end for the victims. Lives are blemished forever. A monster stays quiet until the next prey. It may be years...but the monster will strike. Leaving the monster alone? With Children Who will be to blame?

Comment

Monsters should be locked up forever. If the crook wants to continue teaching hula, film it and show the kids a DVD.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Chinky Mahoe will be taking part in an upcoming keiki hula competition scheduled to take place at Modesto, California in August 13-15.

The 3rd Annual George Na'ope Keiki Hula Competition

To Our Honored Judges for this event, we are grateful for their commitment of time, knowledge, aloha, and support of Uncle George Na'ope and this event. Our Judges for hula confirmed this year will be Chinky Māhoe, Frank Kawaikapuokalani Hewett, & Keala Ching.
                            Mahoe being referred to as an "honored judge" at a hula competition involving young children.

That's just totally wrong.
                            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

The festival director/co-founder is Rick Makanaaloha Kia'imeaokekanaka San Nicolas.

His email address is ricks@hawaiianfeathers.com

Please write and make your feelings known. I just did.
                              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I did too.

Comment

Working...
                                X