CSI, CSI:Miami or CSI:NY on CBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSI, CSI:Miami or CSI:NY on CBS

While I don't think CBS will be catching up with NBC's "Law & Order" franchise anytime soon (I think they're up to six?), last week brought us the third flavor of Crime Scene Investigation.

Joining the original CSI and CSI: Miami is CSI:NY. We already watch the first two, so tuning into the third series was a given.

Did anyone else tune in to see Gary Sinise?

I enjoyed it, although now with three flavors, I'm beginning to lose track of what distinguishes each show from the other (whereas "Law & Order" at least segregates its shows by topic). The closing shot at Ground Zero was something. I like Gary Sinise, and my wife likes Hill Harper (who was fun in the totally underrated "The Handler"), so it's been added to the TiVo.

Re: CSI:ETC

I tend to catch CSI: Miami only because it follows the CBS comdies I am watching on Monday night.

Watching tonight's episode of CSI (the original) where there is a reality show crew following the CSI guys and Grissom says "there are too many forsenics show on TV". Was kind of a funny statement.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
      Watching tonight's episode of CSI (the original) where there is a reality show crew following the CSI guys and Grissom says "there are too many forsenics show on TV". Was kind of a funny statement.
      Funny on many levels. One, because it's true. Two, because the "original recipe" CSI folks have always been a bit sour about the two spinoffs.

We gave CSI:NY a chance, and while it's entertaining enough (better than Miami these days, at least), it never became regular viewing. We'll stick with Grissom and friends. And continue to wonder what other cities could get the next CSI franchise.

One of these days, the CSI and Survivor universes are going to collide... perhaps with a very special episode featuring a stop on The Amazing Race...

Comment

The new season of "CSI" (original recipe) is almost upon us, though this one is either anticipated or dreaded following the big reveal in the finale last season: Grissom and Sidle, who we know from backstory were an item before working together in Vegas, have apparently gotten together again. The other characters will be left in the dark, for now.

The creators say they were headed that way for a while, and estimate that half their audience want to see more of the characters' outside lives, and the other half want the show to stay focused on crimes and investigations. If you're a CSI fan, which camp are you in?

I have to say, like "Law & Order," I like my crime shows to be about crimes. I didn't care (nor could I keep track of) whom McCoy was snoggling with, and I don't care about Sidle and Grissom, or Willows' kid, or Brown's marriage, or whatever. Give me the hilariously neon-lit, Star-Trek-esque lab, the grizzly crime scenes, and the gory close up of wounds and autopsies. The more they inject stuff about these characters' personal lives -- which are always problems -- the less interesting the show is.

Comment

I am hoping last night's season opener of CSI: Miami closed all of last season's loose ends. It was nice to see Yelina(Sofia Milos )and Ray Jr.(played by Surface's Miles,CarterJenkins ). I hope that Ray Jr. and Yelina stay in Miami, because "H" needs family.
          Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
          Flickr

Comment

Re: CSI, CSI:Miami or CSI:NY on CBS

Tonight's airing of CSI:Miami had some annoy filmming techinque in it. Every so often during the indoor scenes there is out of focus part that travels across the scene.

Comment

Another episode of CSI:Miami with that annoying techinque of having an out of focus section running across the screen.

Comment

This week will have crossover episode between all three CSI. It starts tonight on CSI: Miami.

Comment

Saw a promo for CSI: Vegas on KGMB. According to its Wikipedia entry it will start in October 2021.

Comment

Working...
                  X