Vanity Plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weird license plates you've seen

For my birthday many years ago, my parents bought me personalized plates with my real name on them. Well, you can't bitch about it. I drove 'em for a couple of years, cringingly embarrassed, and thankful I wasn't driving a getaway car, and then quetly changed 'em to something anonymous.
    Burl Burlingame
    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
    honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Spotted this one today, in the parking lot of our church, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
        Two pointless plates I saw recently: SXY LXS and MINI C (on a BMW Mini Cooper).

The "SXY LXS" was the usual boring but functional Toyota sedan. Not a bad car, although a tad overpriced, but certainly not sexy in the least.

The "Mini C" was ... a Mini C. Cute car, love 'em, but why bother having a vanity plate if it just repeats what the logo says two feet to the right of the plate?
        A former co-worker of mine has a Mini Cooper (with the turbo or was it a super charger) with a license plate that reads: UR2BG
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

One of the best was a brand-new, huge black Hummer with the license plate "GI JANE." Driven, of course, by a six-foot+ blonde wahine.

Comment

A friend sent me an email with a pic of a law firm's card. It showed a Mercedes Sports Vehicle with the license "WAS HIS"!

Too bad my ex has nothing to sue for. That's another topic!heheheh

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
              A friend sent me an email with a pic of a law firm's card. It showed a Mercedes Sports Vehicle with the license "WAS HIS"!

Too bad my ex has nothing to sue for. That's another topic!heheheh

Auntie Lynn

I think I saw that license a few years ago.

Comment

About 10 minutes ago I was cruising down da street in da boonies where I live on my way home from work in one pilau mood because had babooze kine drivers making me all huhu. But den I started following one car dat had one license plate frame dat wen grab my attention because da buggah had da word "KAUAI" ontop. Took me a few seconds, but I no could help bust out laffing because da buggah wen catch me off guard. Kden dis is wat da license plate frame said...

AFTER I LEFT HAWAII

I KAUAI'D

Comment

I wanted to put on my minivan "6BOYS" but it was taken already. So I opted for "6KIDS" but ho! That was taken too!

Ahhh in my age I think I'll just replace my "WH_LS2" (Wheels 2, guess what my other car says) on my BMW with ENZYTE, that way my teenage boys will feel shame if they want to drive my Ultimate Driving Machine to their girlfriends parents house.

Comment

That's a good one, Lurkah! Did you give him shaka?

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                      I wanted to put on my minivan "6BOYS" but it was taken already. So I opted for "6KIDS" but ho! That was taken too!
                      What about "6KEIKI"?

I always wanted a binary plate - you know, some combination of 1s and 0s that signified... well, something. I also thought "SAMPLE" would be cool... before I read somewhere that the word is specifically banned as a choice!

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza

That's a good one, Lurkah! Did you give him shaka?
                        Nah, I didn't give him shaka -- now I wish I did -- but if he looked in his rearview mirror he would've seen me laughing my head off.

Comment

On my morning commute around Pearl Harbor area, I seen a Chevy truck with the license plate "UNX-WIZ".
                          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

on a Mini Cooper S
                            runnin around Hawaii Kai
                            this plate
                            KISMY S

Comment

mistake oops!
                              Last edited by 1stwahine; August 18, 2005, 09:18 PM.
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I heard of a guy that made up a rude one that could only be read while looking at it in a rearview mirror so it made it past the dmv screening,pretty funny

Comment

Working...
                                X