Byteware going out of business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Byteware going out of business

Anybody in Honolulu looking for some deals on consumer electronics probably better hustle their okoles down to Byteware. Apparently the company is getting out of the consumer electronics business and is closing up shop. They may re-emerge as some other kind of store according to the story below:
    http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../bz/bz05p.html

Adrian: Maybe you better go holoholo ka'a down there and check out their digital cameras! Maybe Christmas might come early this year for you.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Byteware going out of business

I thought the Video Life guy's comments were interesting:
    "They're closing up one shop and opening up another," said Jun Kang, whose family owns Video Life, a ByteWare competitor in the Ward Village Shops. "They've created a little havoc by posing as going out of business and getting people to go check them out. Then they're going to pop up again with more emphasis on more or less what we do, high-end home audio and video."
    I remember when furniture stores had an awful habit of going out of business several times.

Comment

Well, damn! I buy a lot of my gear there. I guess I'll have to patronize another local store instead.

Comment

i heard they are going to open up a new store but focus on audio/visual products & services.
        Fair and Balanced

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
          I thought the Video Life guy's comments were interesting:
          I remember when furniture stores had an awful habit of going out of business several times.

Kinda like Korean bars undergoing "New Management"
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
            Anybody in Honolulu looking for some deals on consumer electronics probably better hustle their okoles down to Byteware. Apparently the company is getting out of the consumer electronics business and is closing up shop. They may re-emerge as some other kind of store according to the story below:
            http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../bz/bz05p.html

Adrian: Maybe you better go holoholo ka'a down there and check out their digital cameras! Maybe Christmas might come early this year for you.

Miulang
            I just sent in my order to get more RAM for my computer, so I'll be waiting for christmas or new years for sales.

I checked their website, and it was too bad that they didn't have the things I was looking for.
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I just checked their website, and looks like Circuit City has one of the cameras for $130, instead of $150 (what byteware has it at).

Looks like I can't get any RAM because my credit card is broke (I don't know what happened, but at newegg.com and zipzoomfly.com, they won't accept my credit card).

If that was the best deal, then I'd ask someone to get it for me, and I'll pay them back, but I guess I'll never know that computer store.

Comment

Well, I stopped by Kamehameha Shopping Center yesterday and Byteware is completely gone. The windows are papered over, and a sign on the door says something about a clothing store being the next tenant. Does anyone know where they're going to pop up next?

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                  Well, I stopped by Kamehameha Shopping Center yesterday and Byteware is completely gone. The windows are papered over, and a sign on the door says something about a clothing store being the next tenant. Does anyone know where they're going to pop up next?
                  I believe they're gone for good, not opening up any other stores.

Comment

Originally posted by adri1456
                    I just sent in my order to get more RAM for my computer, so I'll be waiting for christmas or new years for sales.

I checked their website, and it was too bad that they didn't have the things I was looking for.

I just plugged in another 256mb of ram in my laptop for a total of 512mb and holy moly what a difference that made! My desktop loads quicker, and the video is sooooo much smoother.
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                      I just plugged in another 256mb of ram in my laptop for a total of 512mb and holy moly what a difference that made! My desktop loads quicker, and the video is sooooo much smoother.
                      Yep. Beyond 512mb of RAM, you probably won't see that much of a difference in everyday computing (unless you play video games all day).

Comment

Originally posted by easTTriver
                        i heard they are going to open up a new store but focus on audio/visual products & services.
                        So did Todd re-open as PureDigital (or something like that)? The ad in the paper looks like the old Byteware ads.

Comment

It looks like it. Here is their new website address.

Comment

Pure Digital has signed an agreement with ByteWare (which is now closed) to take over the following...
                            Signed an agreement? Yeah, sure. What, the guy sent a letter to himself? What exactly is the difference between ByteWare and Pure Digital, apart from the name and location? It sure doesn't seem to be the inventory, or the design sense when it comes to print and web design...

Both companies have the same address listed with the DCCA.
                            Last edited by pzarquon; December 23, 2004, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                              Signed an agreement? Yeah, sure. What, the guy sent a letter to himself? <snip>
                              Both companies have the same address listed with the DCCA.
                              LOL! *wiping coffee from monitor* Yeah I think they are the same. I might drop in today to look... hopefully with as much money as I went in with haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X