Ala Moana Shopping Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ala Moana Shopping Center

Oh yeah and don't forget Kahala Mall's makai second floor deck too. But the winner for the most speed bumps in a parking lot is right here in Hilo: Puianako shopping center right in front of KTA! It's so screwed up they have to hire a parking attendant to guide traffic! Das messed up! Mo worse after buying your drinks thru the McDonalds drive thru you have to negotiate those speed bumps without spilling a drop!
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Actually there is Puainako Town Center with Sack'N Save
      and KTA Super Stores flagship supermarket/shopping center.
      I hardly go over there when I go to Hilo, so I don't know about
      the speedbumps. But I do know Prince Kuhio Plaza has
      a lot of irritating speedbumps.
      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
      The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
        You know, I used to think that the award for the most screwed-up O'ahu shopping center parking was going to be forever held by Pearlridge, but Ala Moana is becoming a real contender.
        Er, maybe it's because I live right up the hill and go to or through Pearlridge almost every day, but I don't get it. What's your objection to Pearlridge's parking? The three-story structure on the makai side? I never bother with that, so it doesnt' bother me much.
        Last edited by Linkmeister; October 29, 2004, 07:46 PM. Reason: Add a sentence
        http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

I don't think it's the parking stalls but rather it might be that narrow curvy drive from one level to the street level where Longs is at.

Comment

Sharper Image Stores Closing

Bumping this thread up since I think there is no need to start a new one for Sharper Image going out of business. At least with brick and mortar storefronts. Ala Moana Center Sharper Image is having a store closing sale.

This is similar to going out of business sales recently conducted at now defunct Comp USA and Tower Records. An investment company buys the store assets, marks them down and puts the yellow tags on merchandise. Saw this yesterday when I was in the area. I haven't bought anything ever from Sharper Image, and even with closeout prices, I still won't. There are neat things there, but nothing I really want or need.

More details on store closure here.
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Re: Sharper Image Stores Closing

Originally posted by mel View Post
              Sharper Image going out of business. At least with brick and mortar storefronts. Ala Moana Center Sharper Image is having a store closing sale.

This is similar to going out of business sales recently conducted at now defunct Comp USA and Tower Records. An investment company buys the store assets, marks them down and puts the yellow tags on merchandise.
              That link you provided was bad, but the news is out there if you google it....
              NEW YORK (Reuters) - All remaining stores of bankrupt gadget retailer Sharper Image Corp SHRPQ.PK will be closed and liquidated, its new owners said on Sunday.

More than $50 million of inventory is being sold at 86 Sharper Image store-closing sales throughout the United States, liquidators the Hilco Organization and Gordon Brothers said in a statement.

A joint venture led by units of Hilco and Gordon Brothers purchased the company's assets at a bankruptcy auction last week for $49 million, and plan to continue its wholesale, direct-to-retail, e-commerce and catalog businesses under a new licensing strategy.
              $49 million sounds like a bargain, considering the type of high tech, quality inventory SI carries.

I too have never bought anything from SI, as I always had the impression their marked-up prices were highly inflated, and you could buy a similar product with similar specifications at a more competitive price at other retailers.

It was a cool store (more like museum) to kill time though, while the wahine was across the sidewalk shopping at them women's fashion stores. lol

That's OK, now we have the Apple store to surf the internet. lol
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
              X