Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TheTransit starts on November 8

Default Re: TheTransit starts on November 8

Mayor Changes Course with E-Transit Buses
    The city hoped the buses would serve as a rapid transit system shuttling people through Honolulu's urban core - but now Mayor Mufi Hannemann says its time to shift gears. "Bus rapid transit is not an option for the Hannemann administration. There's going to be other things we're going to be doing." Hannemann says the city lost two million dollars on the Downtown to Waikiki route.
    What a boondoggle. On top of being ugly. Though I suppose we're stuck with the paint scheme, hopefully these high-capacity, hybrid buses can be redeployed on existing, heavily-trafficked routes. Keep 'em out of Waikiki... send 'em on Route A or Route C out to Ewa.

Quote Originally Posted by pzarquon
    Mayor Changes Course with E-Transit Buses

What a boondoggle. On top of being ugly. Though I suppose we're stuck with the paint scheme, hopefully these high-capacity, hybrid buses can be redeployed on existing, heavily-trafficked routes. Keep 'em out of Waikiki... send 'em on Route A or Route C out to Ewa.
    Money wasters.

I bet if Harris wasn't a mayor for that long (or if he wasn't mayor at all) we'd be a better place right now.

Send some of those down here, and we'll use them.

What about placing them on Route 43? The last time I rode that route, it was always full coming home, but there wasn't enough of them in the morning, when a 45 minute ride from Waipahu to Ala Moana is really needed (15 minutes does wonders for school-bound people)
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Well, I heard on the radio yesterday that the "E" bus will start running the "A" bus route next month.

I suppose it won't run as frequently as it does now.

(I'm still wondering what happened to the "D" bus, and now I wonder where the "A" bus will run .... )

No changes to the A route other than adding those new buses to the route. From what I read from Wednesday's Star Bulletin the E route will still stay but with using other buses, I suppose using the standard 40 foot models.

Noticed today that the new buses still have the gray paint scheme but now they say TheBus instead of ThETransit.

It was reported on the Channel 2 News tonight that the E route will be phased out. Lack of budget to maintain it says Mayor Mufi.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12