The Grudge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Grudge

I'm curious..Has anyone gone to see this? I haven't cause everyone's too scared to go see it :/

Re: The Grudge

I was thinking about seeing it but the reviews are really bad and with Sarah Michelle Gellar and a PG-13 rating the theatre will probably be filled with teenyboppers. Probably better to see the original Japanese version on DVD. I'm a horror fan though so am looking forward to seeing Saw this weekend. Now that looks incredible.

Comment

i saw it. it is kinda scary on the big screen. not so sure if it will be scary watching at home on a TV set. i really didn't care for the ending, but i guess the movie was OK. it left the door wide open for a sequel.
      Fair and Balanced

Comment

Heard from a teacher that parents were taking their "young" children to this movie...please if someone else has seen the movie...please give a review. Is the Japanese version available on DVD? Is it at Blockbuster?
        Retired Senior Member

Comment

Originally posted by Mocha
          Heard from a teacher that parents were taking their "young" children to this movie...please if someone else has seen the movie...please give a review. Is the Japanese version available on DVD? Is it at Blockbuster?
          this movie is not fitting for young children. too scary for the youngins
          Fair and Balanced

Comment

Try seeing Ju-on. I heard the Grudge is based on that.
            La'akea

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion about viewing Ju-on. And I love eastTriver's signature approving the message! Did that become a requirement for the political ads? Just another annoying bit that I have to MUTE!
              Retired Senior Member

Comment

The movie was okay, if you just like a quick "rush". The story line is about 80~85% the same as the Japanese version, considering the director is the same for both versions. The Japanese version has a little more depth to the story of the original occupants of the house, though. The American version seems to just skim over it.

Comment

Working...
                X