Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please send me Manapua!

duplicate post
    Last edited by Pomai; June 28, 2007, 08:39 AM. Reason: Fill my eyes with that double vision
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Please send me Manapua!

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
      <Sigh> So now I gotta Fedex some manapua
      Hawaii expats on the mainland who visit my blog often ask who or where they can get manapua shipped from. So I called Libby's and inquired about that. In the end, it will cost over $60 for 1 dozen, which involves calling them by phone and placing the order, to which you then must mail a physical check or money order (They don't accept credit cards). Upon reciept of payment, they then ship it out via FedEx, frozen with dry ice.

Zippys.com ships out 1 dozen Charsiu Manapua for $25.90 and also a 'care pack' that includes 12 pcs of Pork Hash, 6 pcs of Char Siu Pork Manapua, and a Fried Noodle Kit for $37.75. I think shipping is additional, so even that might end up around $50+ out the door.

Ouch.

So you folks on the mainland, you might wanna' look up some good home-made recipes for manapua if you have the craving. I understand it's not that difficult. Some simply use the frozen, premade Pillsbury dinner roll dough.

ploal5333, thanks for the tip on Kwong On. Health dept, shmealth dept... sometimes those "cockaroach" places get da' best grindz!
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Re: Da HawaiiThreads Manapua Poll

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos View Post
        I don't eat beef or pork; got any recommendations for places that make good NON-beef/pork manapua on Oahu?

There's da black shuga manapua. I don't think dats da "correct" name but its what I've always called it. I like Chun Wah Kam's, couple of doors down from Shiro's Saimin, da malasadas place & Zippys. As Aiea, right? I've lived mainland way too long.
        ~Lika

\\000// Malama Pono \\000//

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
          What the hell is bi-manapua? You steam it then bake it (or vice versa)?
          Bi-manapua is someone who doesn't care if the manapua available is either streamed or baked, they will eat it.

I like both but prefer baked. Can't stand trying to remove the paper on the bottom (I tend to rip the bottom of the manapua, spilling the filling out).
          The Bi-manapua with a preference would be a person having a choice or if they brought an odd number of manapua, the preferred one would be more than the other. For example a bi-manapua with a baked preferred who brought 5 manapua would buy 2 steamed and 3 baked manapua.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
            Bi-manapua is someone who doesn't care if the manapua available is either streamed or baked, they will eat it..
            I guess you can say I'm straight then. I'm not racist, either. I just prefer my steamy buns white.
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
              I guess you can say I'm straight then. I'm not racist, either. I just prefer my steamy buns white.
              I like mine golden brown, like my buns.
              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
              X