Stopping the cold flu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stopping the cold flu

I'm still in pain. Haven't seem any drastic improvememnts yet. If the Med's don't work or fix the problem...I get admitted into the hospital! Not my favorite places!!!!!!
    Ph, here I go again....dizzy and heaven knows what else!hehehehehehe
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
      I'm still in pain. Haven't seem any drastic improvememnts yet. If the Med's don't work or fix the problem...I get admitted into the hospital! Not my favorite places!!!!!!
      Ph, here I go again....dizzy and heaven knows what else!hehehehehehe
      So did the Kaiser doctor say you had a sinus infection? If s/he gave you antibiotics to take, you make sure you take all 10 days worth of the pills, even if you start feeling better before then. It's important for you to take all the pills to keep the infection from coming back.

And keep drinking warm liquids. If you get dehydrated, that would be the reason you would have to stay in the hospital. So if you don't want to be a patient in the hospital, drink those liquids! Try eating Jell-o or something like that if your throat is still scratchy.

Malama pono,
      Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
        So did the Kaiser doctor say you had a sinus infection? If s/he gave you antibiotics to take, you make sure you take all 10 days worth of the pills, even if you start feeling better before then. It's important for you to take all the pills to keep the infection from coming back.

And keep drinking warm liquids. If you get dehydrated, that would be the reason you would have to stay in the hospital. So if you don't want to be a patient in the hospital, drink those liquids! Try eating Jell-o or something like that if your throat is still scratchy.
        Viral Infection...she didn't say sinus. 1X Q 12 hrs pills a day "amantadine" for preventing or giving relief from an viral infection. Just can't handle up then like go back moimoi everytime. I missing out with my family get to gether at the Beach today! I can't go cause I don't want to catch this from me.

Miulang and Serenity, Thanks so much! It's 3:41 pm. and made it through the worse times. I know I'm getting better when I could eat and it stayed down. I drank Orange Juice and lots of water! I want to visit my family at the beach but can't take the chance of falling to sleep on the wheel...so here I go back again to moimoi! Once again, Mahalo...Dea Internent Sistah's!

Comment

Here is a good article on the Cold and Flu
          Cold and Flu Free Strategies

Comment

One word:

Airborne.

Works every time. It's an effervescent, like a big Alka Seltzer. The directions say to dissolve it in water. It tastes kind of nasty (that's its only drawback) so I've taken to dissolving it in Gatorade. It's only herbs; there's no pain medication or antihistamine in it. It's designed to boost your immune system. I swear by it.

Comment

OMG! Talk about going back into a time warp and not remembering if you wrote something! Das just how I felt when I read my posts! Spooky...

and now, ten months later, I stay suffering with the same symptoms again. When I going learn? What is the name of the product? I'll take ten!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by Kilinahe
                One word:

Airborne.[...]
                I second this one word! The stuff is amazing. So many people I know swear by it. I even like the taste!

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                  that's called affirmations.
                  To the cynics, it's brainwashing.
                  But i see it as positive brainwashing at the very least.
                  and it works.
                  But you shouldn't take that slow approach.
                  ...what you are using are two strong negative words:
                  not.
                  sick.
                  and the subconcious picks up on these.
                  Rather, Come from the end positive result:
                  I am feeling great. i am clean and clear..
                  i am healthy. I am filled with energy and vitality.
                  ...etc.

and use your imagination:
                  see yourself as the above images.
                  imagine your body and soul pulsating with white light.
                  Corny I know, but it doesn't cost anything to try it.
                  Remember:
                  It takes more energy to be negative than positive...

and of course, for hundreds of years, the wise are familiar with the concept; clean blood, healthy body.
                  Get rid of cold and flu by the natural anti-biotic (anti-biosis = against life)
                  garlic
                  and also cayenne. african prefereably.
                  put in double ot capsules and wash down with tons of water.
                  two or three caps a day
                  <waves hand, like that enlightened twerp in the first Matrix movie>

There is no germ.

</wave>

I gotta say: cayenne. A big assed Tablespoon's worth. Ice water back. Very few things impress my husband, but watching me dose myself gains me a high-five.

Baring that (or a few shots of airborne), when the flu sets in (for pesky germs that didn't, ya know, take the blue pill) the orange box of Alka Seltzer Cold&Flu is the bomb.

pax

Comment

Anybody else got sick lately?
                    Last week my wife came home with a bad cold. Sneezing, coughing, etc.
                    Now I've got it. I rarely get sick, but during the "change in weather" here is when I'm most vulnerable.

Carry on...
                    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Yup. Day five. Started last Thursday with scratchy throat..on to body aches, "sinkin' spells" (where you gotta lay down,) dry cough. Has morphed now into head congestion, runny nose. Never any fever, but I'se tired of bein' sick!

Took two days off last week; there goes the sick time, but that's what it's for. I'm sure my coworkers would rather I stay home anyway. Lotsa hot teas with cinnamon, peppermint and black pepper, lemon, whatever strikes my fancy.

I hope you feel better more quickly.

I wonder if the cayenne spoonful really works; (probably burns going in and coming out!)

Comment

the same.

congestion has abated but coughing is going on now for 2 1/2 weeks.
                        "chaos reigns within.
                        reflect, repent and reboot.
                        order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

I'm headed out to buy some good cough drops. It's gonna hang around a while.

Kani, hope your cough stops soon!

Comment

thank you. of course the cough happens at night when i'm trying to sleep. no rest for the weary.

hope you get better, too.
                            "chaos reigns within.
                            reflect, repent and reboot.
                            order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Vick's Vapo-Rub on the feet, sox over the rub, go to sleep.
                              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I'm gonna try that!

Comment

Working...
                                X