Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stopping the cold flu

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
    Vick's Vapo-Rub on the feet, sox over the rub, go to sleep.
    I do the "Vick's" on my neck with a cloth wrap. Alittle by my nose too.
    Seems to help.
    What I hate most is the heavy head feeling.
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

i do wish everyone well.....i've been really blessed for the last past 3 years - not the cold nor the flu!!!....it comes at me every other 3 years....weird as it may sound!!! but when it comes it pours!!!
      stay forever young

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
        Vick's Vapo-Rub on the feet, sox over the rub, go to sleep.
        Thanks, lavagal...I meant to tell you it worked and knocked the illness out the rest of the way. I used it on my little guy a couple of days later when he tried to get sick. He had a sore throat and a lowgrade fever. He laid down on the couch with the rub on his feet and chest, slept a little bit, and broke a sweat and got better soon after that! Back to school the next day!

Much mahalos, Dr. Lavagal! Send me the bill.

Comment

First my daughter came down with it...then hubby...now it's my turn. Gonna try the Vicks on my feet tonight. I hate being sick!!! Grrrrrrrrr!

Comment

Originally posted by alohacandy View Post
            First my daughter came down with it...then hubby...now it's my turn. Gonna try the Vicks on my feet tonight. I hate being sick!!! Grrrrrrrrr!
            u better be feeling better when I arrive this weekend
            http://www.liftforlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1567
            http://360.yahoo.com/legal_secretary_in_montreal2001
            If you see it and believe it, then you can achieve it and be it

Comment

Boy, this thread was prophetic for me. Days after it appeared, I came down with the flu. Been wiped out since Friday. Got montezumma's revenge too. I'm back at work today, but still queezy and about 65% recovered.

For that nasty cough and other colds, try buying Cepacol mouthwash and heating around 2 tablespoons in a microwave, then slowly and cautiously enhaling the fumes. After it cools, I gargle with it. Stuff kills germs and helps the recovery. I used often as maintenance when I feel I'm coming down with something. Seems to help. Learned this from a doctor friend of mine.

Comment

Add me to the list. Started on Thursday, got worse on friday and by saturday I could not get out of bed. I must have slept all day saturday and most of sunday. Funny as on saturday it felt the coldest i had ever felt in Hawaii. I had all fans turned off, all windows shuttered and was wondering if we hit a massive cold wave.

I had a severe head ache it seemed, sinuses I imagine, nausea, I wished to god I could have vomited but nothing would come up. I did not eat at all on saturday (a rarity for me) and most of sunday as well (started about 8:00 pm). Right now it is in my eyes, im blurry and dizzish when I move my eyes. Am eating a bit more now, but am at work. I do think I will call in sick tomorrow.

seems to happen every 2 or 3 years.
                n'importe

Comment

has anyone ever considered getting an annual flu shot?
                  "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                    has anyone ever considered getting an annual flu shot?
                    Hmmm flu shot Now why didn't I think of that Oh yeah the last time I did that I got the flu.
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

flu shot doesn't prevent you from getting the flu - just makes it not as bad as without the shot. you know - kind of like 1 week in bed instead of 3! Last time I did NOT get a flu shot? I was sick for 6 weeks and ended up on a steroid treatment to cure it. Believe me, I don't even hesitate to get the shot now - I don't ever want to be that sick again!
                      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I may have gotten the flu shot if I didn't have so many important committments within the last few months. Stuff that absolutely did not allow me to get sick without major repercussions.

Also, I'm not altogether sure (medically) about it. I know enough people that swear they get sick right after taking it. My parents for example. I've heard a number of medical experts say they would never take it, because it carries risks. Not sure who to believe these days...

Comment

I don't think this is the flu. Anyway, I did get the flu shot.

Hubby started with it last night. Dry cough, now headache and nausea. No fever, though--classic flu symptom.

Comment

hi,today when i phoned hmsa,i learned that cvs/long's wont be participating with hmsa to give you the annual flu shot,next week at Don Quiojte at Kaheka that from 9;00 Am-3:00 Pm that they'll have the annual flu shot given there and if their are those who live near Kam Shopping center where Walgreen's is,on Oct 30th they can take the flu shot's there from the same time and if anyone maybe wondering of the annual flu shot's,go to www.hmsa.com and click where it say's flu shot's so i hope this may help with the person's who take their annual flu shot's.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                              hi,today when i phoned hmsa,i learned that cvs/long's wont be participating with hmsa to give you the annual flu shot,next week at Don Quiojte at Kaheka that from 9;00 Am-3:00 Pm that they'll have the annual flu shot given there and if their are those who live near Kam Shopping center where Walgreen's is,on Oct 30th they can take the flu shot's there from the same time and if anyone maybe wondering of the annual flu shot's,go to www.hmsa.com and click where it say's flu shot's so i hope this may help with the person's who take their annual flu shot's.

Well thank's for your time
                              sorry i meant to say on sept 22nd for don quiojte and i didnt mean to post the sad smilie face at the top sorry

Comment

I'll be getting mine at my doctor's office on the 25th. It's easier for me than standing in one of those lines. Plus, HMSA pays for it because I'm in one of the target groups.
                                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
                                X