Hershey's buys Mauna Loa Macadamia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hershey's buys Mauna Loa Macadamia

I dunno if this will be a good thing in the long run for Hawai'i because now another local business has been bought out by a mainland company, but I do like mac nuts and for a consumer grade (not gourmet) chocolate, Hershey's is about the best.

One thing I did notice when I was at Costco last weekend was that they are now selling mac nuts from Australia (which is just what the guy at Purdy Macadamia Nut Farms on Moloka'i told us was going on when we visited his farm in September).

Miulang

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../bz/bz03p.html
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Hershey's buys Mauna Loa Macadamia

Mauna Loa was already owned by The Shansby Group, a San Francisco investment firm. Being owned by Hershey's instead may not change much.

Selected past and present brands of The Shansby Group:

Food and Beverage: Arrowhead Mills, Calidad Foods, DeBoles Pasta, Don Miguel Mexican Foods, Energy Brands, Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies, Harry's Fresh Foods, La Victoria, Mauna Loa Macadamia Nuts, MET-Rx Nutrition, Terra Chips, and VOSS of Norway ASA.

OTC/Personal Care: Arthritis Pain Formula, Chloraseptic, Compound W, Cutex, Denorex, Dermoplast, Momentum, Percogesic, and New-Skin.

Household Products: Cinch, Spic and Span, Comet, Meguiar’s, Inc.

(source)

Comment

Eh, why you cockaroach my thread for?

Mine stay below yours and you get more replies den mine.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Eh, Adrian, I neva wen go cockaroach your thread, anden! Maybe people just like their chocolate more den dey like shopping da day after Thanksgiving, yeah?

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

This is along the same line with "mainland" companies buying out our local stores.
          Yesterday I purchased a new calendar insert at HOPACO express. As of January 2005 there will be NO HOPACO! Office Max will take over The salesclerk told me that this was so sad...don't know if they will retain the workers. There is only the HOPACO downtown and one other branch in Aiea somewhere...too bad.
          Retired Senior Member

Comment

Working...
          X