Finding HawaiiThreads.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Finding HawaiiThreads.com

I found this on the web from doing a search on the Grammy Awards in the Hawaiian music category, I think.
    'Alika

Comment

Started by searching information on Daiei through search engines, and found this site via Hawaii's section at the Metroblogging website. I think the blogger on Metroblogging is an active participant on the HT site.

Comment

Hey, dbl_dbl. Why do I think of coffee from a Canadian donut shop chain when I see your name? (The Canadians who post here will understand.)

Comment

I Googled something about 'okina one day and found a thread on the topic here on HT. Coincidentally, a friend of mine posted in that thread.

Comment

I found it after reading Blaine's article in Star Bulletin after the 1st MWH Slippah party. I joined the same day, which was about mid December of 2005. Wow - long time ago! But it's sure been fun (well, most of the time)
            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Google. I absolutely love forums and have been looking for a cozy forum place full of hawaii people, I found this one and ill be staying. I love places I can learn from also.

Comment

I found this site while reading the Star Bulletin online. There was an article about the site, and I thought that I'd check it out.

I'm self employed and REALLY behind on work, but can't help but check in every now and then to get acquainted with the forums.

I'm new to forums =/.
                NO RAIN NO RAINBOWS

Comment

I believe I was looking on a search engine for links that would reveal stories or tales of mainland people who eventually find that they have no choice but to move back to the mainland for one reason or other.

I have only visited Oahu and Kauai on four occasions-- the last time being over a year ago when the prices were fairly enticing. The last previous to that was 3 years earlier. I'm glad I got the chances when I did.

Comment

I was using search engines to explore the history of Hualalai snow events.

Comment

Dumb me. I thought this thread was about someone having TROUBLE finding HT, and never read it. So, I chime in. I was researching the word haole on google, and found a MOST interesting thread on haole portuguese (NOT!) because earlier in the day there was a conflict where some portuguese were calling me 'haole.'

(There's a phrase: 'Hawaiian at heart' - for some people <you know who> we need the phrase 'Haole at heart.')

Sorry this took only 3 years......

BTW: I realize I should have capitalized Portuguese..... sorry - leaving it for effect - but do we capitalize haole? Haole?
                      Maybe we should capitalize Local, as well? Kama`aina?
                      Last edited by Kaonohi; May 28, 2012, 12:13 AM. Reason: Because I could!
                      Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                      ~ ~
                      Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                      Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                      Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

I was looking for something about Hawaii on Google (I forget what) and it led me here.

Suzanne Lanoue
                        http://suzann.com

Comment

Working...
                        X