National Treasure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Treasure

Saw National Treasure at Ward with a friend today. It was sort of a modern day Raiders of the Lost Ark kind of movie. Kind of enjoyable if you don't mind the spoiler.

How they managed to collect all that stuff and hide it away is beyond me

Re: National Treasure

I am planning to see National Treasure as soon as I find time. I clicked on the spoiler but I guess I'm too nuts to understand it.hehehe Anyways, I enjoyed Raiders of The Lost Ark and now I'm getting a bit lost in the head as well, so I'll enjoy the movie!Thanks for the review!
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I saw National Treasure and I really liked it a lot.
      It was worth every penny of the 8.50 I spent to see
      it. National Treasure is like a 21st century Raiders
      of the Lost Ark IMHO.
      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
      The Kona Blog

Comment

I went to Ward last and today wanted to watch National Treasure. Missed it due to being either to early or too late. Opt for Karaoke last night instead and watched Polar Express today. I was grumbling about having to see it. I'm glad I did, chicken skin and I left feeling filled with that special feeling of the HOLIDAYS!
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

National Treasure

National Treasure

My husband & I went to see that movie in the wallace theater. The movie was great!. Great acting, good story line, a really good movie flick!. It looks like that it took them quite a long time to put everything together to just show it for an hour or two. The movie itself was so intricately done. Have any of you seen it,yet?. if you did, what is your reviews & ratings on it? If you have not, then I highly recommended it. It is a must see!. I rated it over all an A+!.
          Aches & Pains
          (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

I bought National Treasure on DVD yesterday Its a really good movie
            The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron S
              I bought National Treasure on DVD yesterday Its a really good movie
              Good For You!. *thumbs up smiley*
              Aches & Pains

Comment

This movie is coming up on our Netflix queue, and we're looking forward to it. We know it falls into the "total suspension of disbelief," cheesy, guilty pleasure category like Armageddon, so I already know not to think too much about how illogical something is and just enjoy the ride!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                  This movie is coming up on our Netflix queue, and we're looking forward to it. We know it falls into the "total suspension of disbelief," cheesy, guilty pleasure category like Armageddon, so I already know not to think too much about how illogical something is and just enjoy the ride!
                  Actually surpringsly National Treasure wasn't cheessy like Armageddon. It
                  was like a 21st century Raiders of the Lost Ark. I hope they make a sequel .
                  The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity
                    Good For You!. *thumbs up smiley*
                    One of the pluses of work at a Big Box retailer
                    The Kona Blog

Comment

I have never seem Armageddon, from the looks of things, I think I would still go with The National Treasure.

Pzarquon: My hubby & I use to have "Netflix",
                      & ordered from them a couple of times, then we discontinued it.
                      We hardly rent, & we were just too impatient for "Netflix" guys,
                      & it was just faster for us to go to the a rental store,
                      & rent a movie or two.

1stWahine: I saw that movie:Polar Express long time ago, &
                      I thought it was rather nice & cute.

Perhaps when that movie (National Treasure) does go on sale or if I see it,
                      I think I will get it, so I can watch it again.

Jon Voight was also in this movie called :Ali. I didn't realize it until later when my hubby had reminded me about him.I also didn't realize that he has been in alot of movies also: Jon Voight Biography
                      shows you how much I know. Over all, I think both: Nicolas Cage & Jon Voight are good actors, among many other actors/actreses.

Well, that's my two cents.

Aloha.
                      Last edited by Serenity; May 5, 2005, 05:07 AM.
                      Aches & Pains

Comment

I have never seem Armageddon, from the looks of things, I think I would still go with The National Treasure.
                        Why not both? A fun movie is a fun movie.

Originally posted by Aaron S
                        Actually surpringsly National Treasure wasn't cheessy like Armageddon. It was like a 21st century Raiders of the Lost Ark.
                        This is a helpful comparison. I think I'm looking forward to it more, now!

We hardly rent, & we were just too impatient for "Netflix" guys, & it was just faster for us to go to the a rental store, & rent a movie or two.
                        Netflix was slow, to be sure, when every movie had to come and go from California. We now have our very own Netflix processing center in Hawaii, however, and turnaround is faster here than in many locations, now! Besides, with three kids, having movies come to the house is quite a bit easier than taking an expedition to the neighborhood video store... where you pay more for a worse selection and, you know, have to deal with people.

Comment

We were gonna go to Bayfest last night but decided to kick back at home and rented National Treasure. Yeah right, how the torches were able to light up that easily...lol just kidding. It was a pretty good movie. Good blend of thrills, suspense, and comedy.

Comment

I liked National Treasure because Philly and DC are my favorite cities on the Mainland. I did like the acting. I liked the running around the Philly Revolutionary landmarks as I must have taken those tours a dozen times with school or girl scouts.
                            Was that Jon Voight in Midnight Cowboy with Dustin Hoffman? Man, good movie but depressing.
                            @
                            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

hey pzarquon, i had no idea that hawaii now has it's own netflix processing station. but surely that means (i think) that they have a supply of the most popular movies here in hawaii vs a complete duplicate set of movies here. would you clarify?

also, the last time i looked (which was a long time ago), they understandably were targeting the general public with a big supply of hollywood movies vs. independent movies, documentaries and foreign films. isn't that still the case now?

sadly, i'm unaware of good sources of independent & foreign movies here on oahu. the two best places i know of are diamond head video (where they never reply to your emails; useless) and the movie museum (small inventory but knowledgable staff). too bad.

+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.

lavagal, you're right. that was jon voight in midnight cowboy. (by the way, i've seen that license plate trd grl. wish i knew the story behind that one!)
                              525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Working...
                              X