Romantic restaurant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romantic restaurant?

Valentine's is coming so I'm doing an informal survey to discover romantic restaurants. Doesn't have to be big, fancy or expensive but have great atmosphere and not too noisy. Any recommendations, likes or dislikes would be most appreciated!

Re: Romantic restaurant?

Originally posted by glossyp
    Valentine's is coming so I'm doing an informal survey to discover romantic restaurants. Doesn't have to be big, fancy or expensive but have great atmosphere and not too noisy. Any recommendations, likes or dislikes would be most appreciated!
    jamesons by the sea.
    crouching lion.
    Royal hawaiian Hotel.

and...
    La Mariana just before sunset.
    I know, I know.
    the food...

But you can feel romantic with just about anyone with the proper amount of their maitais...

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
      jamesons by the sea.
      crouching lion.
      Royal hawaiian Hotel.
      and...
      La Mariana just before sunset.
      Great one on La Mariana, Kimo.
      Not sure about Crouching Lion, as the parking lot is full of tour buses so perhaps not so romantic sharing a meal with large tour groups.
      I'd also add the Hau Tree Lanai at the New Otani Kaimana Hotel, especially around sunset... and John Dominis is pretty romantic, as is the palce at the top of the Ilikai Hotel (another sunset spot)...

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

for romantic atmosphere, i like Hanohano room.

it is in the Sheraton on a high floor. so you get a beautiful view of waikiki. the lighting is dim and the setting is very cozy. they have stage with a live band that plays mellow music.
        Fair and Balanced

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
          is the palce at the top of the Ilikai Hotel (another sunset spot)...
          you mean sarento's...

if you like Sarento's, you will probably like Aaron's atop Ala Moana Hotel. they are owned by the same company.
          Fair and Balanced

Comment

With the right person, anyplace is romantic and private! A basket filled with a bottle of wine, a simple but elegant meal (can be bought at the top restaurants these days, even delivered) and of course sweet music to dance in the night...under the stars! Shucks...ain't gonna be me.
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
              With the right person, anyplace is romantic and private! A basket filled with a bottle of wine, a simple but elegant meal (can be bought at the top restaurants these days, even delivered) and of course sweet music to dance in the night...under the stars! (
              Along that line, a little-known secret is that you can rent the oceanfront lawn at the Waikiki Aquarium for only about $300! As I recall, you get the spot from 5pm (when the W.A. closes) until around 9pm, and it includes having the run of the whole aquarium, inside and out!

I suggested this for a friend of mine for an anniversary dinner, and they absolutely loved it.

Comment

Really? That's incredibly cool. I've seen the space used for larger parties, but I can just imagine the effect of having just one small table, two chairs, a wine chiller and a picnic basket in the center of the lawn... Or, of course, just a picnic blanket and maybe some pillows...

BYOB and BYOG (bring your own grinds), sure, but... where else can you have a secure, closed patch of Waikiki waterfront all to yourself? With a cozy little aquarium attached, even?

I was going to suggest Willows in Moiliili. It can get crowded, and the live music can be a plus or minus... but if you call ahead and pay extra (I'm assuming) to be seated on the canoe floating in the lagoon, I'm sure it's pretty picturesque, and the food's good!

Comment

Along that line, a little-known secret is that you can rent the oceanfront lawn at the Waikiki Aquarium for only about $300! As I recall, you get the spot from 5pm (when the W.A. closes) until around 9pm, and it includes having the run of the whole aquarium, inside and out!

I suggested this for a friend of mine for an anniversary dinner, and they absolutely loved it.
                  What a wonderful idea! Did they pack a picnic or have someone cater the meal?

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp
                    What a wonderful idea! Did they pack a picnic or have someone cater the meal?
                    They got grinds to go from a little spot I recommended to them -- Ono Hawaiian on Kapahulu!

Comment

Hmmm...what a wonderful idea! Now to find the right person! So romantic! I'm also planning something for my 80 yr old MAMA'S BD,$300.00 is cheap(seven kids), after all, I cook all the food!

Comment

Alan Wong's. It is fancy and expensive, but I think it is worth every penny. The restaurant does not have some of the advantages of other local places like a view of the ocean or open air for catching trade winds; instead, it's got North School Street or whatever. Still, the food is creative and extravagant, and they have always taken care of my wife and me for special occasions like our anniversary -- e.g., gratis, delicious desserts.

On the less expensive side, my wife and I used to love going to the Waikiki Denny's at sunrise, back when we were living in a tiny studio on Tusitala Street (the Denny's by Kapiolani Park, overlooking the beach). I sometimes feel like there are so few good things for broke-ass couples in Honolulu, and so we really enjoyed that Denny's back then. They couldn't charge us extra for the great view, right?

The Denny's was still open the last time I was in Hawaii last summer, but I have heard from friends that it has since closed down. Is that true? Real shame if that's so.

Comment

keo's
                          keoni's

Comment

Where on North School Street? i'M OUTTA HEA...I'm outta here, I'm going to watch National Treasure @ Ward with Brenda! Have a good night everyone. It was quite a day back and forth here at hawaii Threads. I'm getting lazy on my Weblog.NOT!
                            Last edited by 1stwahine; December 29, 2004, 05:59 PM.

Comment

On North School, only one place for me: Helena's Hawaiian Foods! "What Hawaiian food SUPPOSEDTO taste like!"
                              Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Working...
                              X