#1 New Years Resolution Weight Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1 New Years Resolution Weight Loss

Aloha! I went to the doctor the other day and was shocked as my nurse told me with a warning how much I weighed! I knew I gained due to the holiday festivities,a recent broke-up(eight yrs),my medical and phycological problems, etc. I looked still the same, in my eyes only.

Anyways's, I'm serious about losing this weight. Not over night. It would be grate if anyone out there would like to join me in giving your correct weight and through the weeks leading up to June (6 months) check back here with any loss,gain or problems encountering, etc.

My weight is 201 lbs. I want to get back to 175 lbs. or less
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: #1 New Years Resolution Weight Loss

I really feel for you Wahine...I tend to do the see-saw "dieting" too. I'm retired, so have the time to workout but do I...NO!!! Support is the motivation...my kids tell me...look Mom it's for your health, but they can't make me do it so at times I don't go walking, don't do the treadmill, don't eat healthy...so many excuses to fall back on...just plain LAZY on my part. But this on-line support will help you, just keep at it, if you could get someone near and dear to you to do it with you
    that's a big help too.
    Retired Senior Member

Comment

"If you could get someone near & dear to you to do it with you that's a big help too."

Yeah, that's true. My hubby & I both go to the Punahou spa. I go for the excercise & among other activities that is being held there, while my hubby goes to tone up & to try to loose some weight, also.So far, he has been doing great at it.

Keep up the good job on your New Years Resolution.

Aloha.
      Aches & Pains
      (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Mahalo Mocha(hmmm...reminding me of Star Bucks) and Serenity! I recieved an OPEN HOUSE invitation for YMCA of Honolulu on January 15th! I'm gonna check it out. It's been hard and only a few days but I have to do what I got to do. I've always been a fighter so I'm not going to get fatter and unhealthy anymore...been through to much already!

Comment

I was checking the threads. Oh, how this one makes me . I was doing so well until the weather got cold and I made excuses not to go for my walks. then my legs started acting up and now my weight is....neva mind.

Theres a commercial on tv that promotes a product called "Propolene". It says that you don't have to do nothing, just take the pill and you will lose weight. It also says it is pattent. Due to the many medicines I take everyday for one ailment or another, my dapakotes/lithiums for mental illness, I figure for $29.95 wouldn't hurt losing this weight I've put on.

Anybody familiar or have taken this miracle drug as they have claimed? I don't mind wobbling like Donald Duck. I just don't want to be looking like a FAT ONE! Daisy and Donald put together.....

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
            Theres a commercial on tv that promotes a product called "Propolene".
            Anybody familiar or have taken this miracle drug as they have claimed?

Love it. I am a new man. Take it with that other miracle drug from Merck advertised; "Crammital"
            also good for da kine.
            Take "allegrasolzyte" too.
            muy bueno.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
              Love it. I am a new man. Take it with that other miracle drug from Merck advertised; "Crammital"
              also good for da kine.
              Take "allegrasolzyte" too.
              muy bueno.

You been giving honest and good advices lately. I'll go order, special two bottles for the price of one. As for the other two. I'll hold off on that. Eh, know any good lawyers for Medical Malpractice? I called several on Saturday. None called back. Could it be my reputation of being NUTS?HAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

You been giving honest and good advices lately.
                and I will add these vices, too:

best advice floating around lately...

stay away from:
                lawyers,
                lawsuits,
                drugs,
                advertised miracle drugs,
                nigerian advance fee programs,
                Euro Lotteries,
                american beer,
                advice givers.

Comment

Eh, know any good lawyers for Medical Malpractice?
                  I am proud to say, no, I do not.
                  I called several on Saturday. None called back.
                  those freaks! Not giving you an immediate return phone call?!
                  da noive o' dem.
                  yea, must be your rep... they, in their rarified atmosphere, have heard of you. It is the subject du jour on all the golf courses lately.
                  Last edited by kimo55; April 11, 2005, 12:07 PM.

Comment

You're making me laugh. Thanks.

finally got a call from a lawyer's office. His assistant said he'll call me this afternoon. I'm making sure i take a double dose of dapakote and lithium.

now to see what i'll have for lunch.

Comment

Aunty Lynn, I sympathize about your losing your walk routine, but it's never too late to get back into it! If you can find a friend who is at the same fitness level as you and who can walk with you, it will help motivate you to go walking even when you don't feel like it--most people don't like disappointing their friends by cancelling on them, plus it's an opportunity to be social.

I used to brisk walk every evening after work in Waikiki (which happens to be where I live) because it was cooler and there was no sun. Waikiki's well-lighted, and there are plenty of other people around so I can feel relatively safe walking alone at night. Since most of my friends complain that I walk too fast for them, I have a difficult time finding walking partners, so it's important to me that I can walk by myself safely and go the speed that I want!

Now that I have a boyfriend on the Windward side, I often find myself driving over there in the evenings instead. This is the only time we are both free to spend time with each other--and it's also my chance to see the two bengal kittens we adopted together (my place is no pets allowed). Since my boyfriend lives in a neighborhood where there are few lights, even fewer sidewalks, and lots of windy roads (I don't trust all those speeding drivers hurrying to get home in the evening!) I've kinda abandoned my walking routine as a result.

I've noticed a change in the way my pants fit lately (that's my warning to pay attention), so I've renewed my goal to get a walk in everyday, no matter how short it may be--I've decided that I simply have to start my walk earlier, and then I'll be done in time for my drive over to the Windward side. Working as I do in open heart surgery, everyday I'm reminded of how important it is to take care of one's health, because in the OR I often see patients who are there because of their bad lifestyle choices.

If I start out on my walk at five pm, I can watch all the frustrated, grid-locked rush hour drivers as I sweep by them (even though I'm walking, heehee). Walking does wonders for my mood; it's my private time to think about whatever and stretch my legs after spending too much time on the computer reading HI Threads. Walking for me is a great stress relief, and I really enjoy this activity.

So if you (or anybody else!) ever find youself wanting to go for a brisk 60 to 90 min walk in the Waikiki area, let me know!

Comment

Aloha Pretty Lady! I wish it was simple for me. I had problems not getting my regular medications for two weeks which caused a neurological imbalance. Hence, my neuropathy got worse. The pain started under both archs of my feet. Now the pain radiates up to my spine. I can't stand or walk for long periods. There's always needles and numbness too. Life is still beautiful to enjoy. This was preventable but nobody listened.

I would love to sit by the benches in Waikiki one evening and watch everyone go by. You let me know.

Comment

Aloha Pretty Lady! I wish it was simple for me. I had problems not getting my regular medications for two weeks which caused a neurological imbalance. Hence, my neuropathy got worse. The pain started under both archs of my feet. Now the pain radiates up to my spine. I can't stand or walk for long periods. There's always needles and numbness too. Life is still beautiful to enjoy. This was preventable but nobody listened.

I would love to sit by the benches in Waikiki one evening and watch everyone go by. You let me know.

I'm sorry to hear that the pain has increased so much for you. I didn't mean to make light of your situation.

I think that perhaps we should do Sunset on the Beach some time. Lots of people-watching opportunities as you wait for the movie to start, lots of food, a nice sunset, and no walking, once you find a place to sit! And it's free! Just got to bring comfortable chair/blanket to sit on...

Hopefully there'll be an interesting movie the next weekend that they have SOTB. Anybody else interested?

Comment

"New Years Resolution Weight Loss"

So I sez to my Doc;
                            "I wanna lose ten ugly pounds. How can I do it?"
                            he tells me:
                            "Try a guillotine"

I say:
                            "I want a second opinion!"
                            he sez ta me:
                            "ok, ya got a big ass too!"

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos
                              I'm sorry to hear that the pain has increased so much for you. I didn't mean to make light of your situation.

I think that perhaps we should do Sunset on the Beach some time. Lots of people-watching opportunities as you wait for the movie to start, lots of food, a nice sunset, and no walking, once you find a place to sit! And it's free! Just got to bring comfortable chair/blanket to sit on...

Hopefully there'll be an interesting movie the next weekend that they have SOTB. Anybody else interested?
                              Aloha Pretty Lady! I know you're not making fun of my situation. I would love to meet you and whoever would like to join us to SOTB. I'll remember to bring vegetarian dishes this time. The way things are going, my legs are worsening each day. The doc gave me Nortriptyline HCL 10 MG. Not working. So when is the next SOTB?

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                              X