Thread: What do you do with Vienna Sausage?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default What do you do with Vienna Sausage?

(sing it to the tune of the "What do you do with a waffle hot-dog?" commercial)

Come on. I know you eat it, too. So how do you prepare it?

I normally just fry it a little with some shoyu and eat it on rice, but my favorite way to eat it is heated up, sliced up, and dumped on top of cold pork and beans. Yum. Hot Vienna sausage and cold VanCamp's!
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Default Re: What do you do with Vienna Sausage?

Quote Originally Posted by scrivener
    I normally just fry it a little with some shoyu and eat it on rice, but my favorite way to eat it is heated up, sliced up, and dumped on top of cold pork and beans. Yum. Hot Vienna sausage and cold VanCamp's!

wow. just the opposite!
    Hot poke un beenz with vienna sausages tossed rite in from that lil can, sans that clear gel stuff.

or, straight outta the can with crackers just before a workout for quick energy and protein.

Ugh. They may be a local tradition, but I never liked those little mushy excuses for a sausage. Give me fried spam any day instead.

Hey, Vienna sausage is certainly no Spam...I'd never claim such blasphemy. However, what Vienna sausage is is four cans for a dollar when it goes on sale.

I'm a teacher. These things mean something.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Feed it to the cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert
    Feed it to the cats.
    OOH! Wait till PETA hears about that!

I like to pop that can open, dump it on a plate, then open that can of beer, and eat it with maui onion. how good is that

Quote Originally Posted by scrivener
    (sing it to the tune of the "What do you do with a waffle hot-dog?" commercial)

Come on. I know you eat it, too. So how do you prepare it?

Carcinogenic foods I grew up eating (and method of preparation):

Vienna right out of the can
    Ditto for pork&beans (cold)
    Spam was fried (as I grew older, I learned to dress it with sugar and shoyu when frying)
    Speghetti-os quickly boiled up (pre-microwave era)
    Saimin, according to the pkg (and whatever dashi didn't fall out of the packet, I would swipe out and lick off my fingers)

The only thing of the above list that I eat is spam (in musubis). Portuguese sausage isn't on this list, because if it is the homemade kind, then of course it is healthy

When Redondo's comes back out with its smoked turkey tails (discontinued about two decades ago, da lousy buggahs), I am *all* over that bad-boy! Sliced up and fried, wooo-hoo!

No joke, the bes way is to cook in shoyu sweetened with sugar, maybe thin out the shoyu with some water. Whack a meal with rice and kimchee.

I have to admit that heating the vienna sausages in the microwave for 45 to 60 seconds for a group of 7 sausage does make it easier to eat.

Can you taste the difference between the chicken or pork?
    Libby's or Armour?

Oahu now part of the traffic problem in lower Puna

I've actually taken vienna sausages and hard boiled eggs and ran it thru my food processor until it turned into a paste. Came out tasting exactly like Pate! Spread it on a cracker and couldn't tell the difference.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Dad ate them straight from the can while fishing. I love vi-eenas like that; but I really want to try them Craig's way. That sounds great!

I never heard of cooking them; HTers continue to broaden my horizons.