Dating Service Online...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dating Service Online...

Aloha Everybody! I was a bit naughty today...I finally got the nerve to see what kind of men want to take a chance on dating someone like me.heheheh Well, it ain't all that bad. If the pictures submitted is truthful, I may get lucky! Anybody here have experience in this Department? I had fun today but still afraid of meeting anyone in person...not like from here. Everyone here is SANE except me! Love you all!
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Dating Service Online...

Yahoo! Personals is the big granddaddy of online dating sites, I think. At least, of the people I know who've done the online dating thing, they've all tried that one, at least. By virtue of its sheer size, there's a wide range of prospects in any neighborhood. Whether or not even 10 percent of those prospects are people you'd ever want to meet, let alone start a relationship with, I'll leave to you to decide.

The site currently promoting itself the hardest is eHarmony.com, with its lovable, gray-haired spokesman talking about detailed profiles and scientific matching voodoo. I imagine they're aiming for a slightly... er, higher caliber of client than Yahoo! is.

Fact of the matter is, the Internet is so big, you can probably find a dating site to suit your specific tastes and interests. There are dating sites specifically for people into sandwiches, Star Trek, knitting, and who knows what else.

The stigma of online dating, or just meeting someone online, is fading quickly. I know several people who've done it, and met great matches. But, just like in the real world, keep your wits about you, and trust your instincts.

Comment

Mahalo Ryan...I'll be careful!

Comment

Yeah, I met my kane through a chatroom...he was in Pennsylvania and I was here in Seattle. He moved out here to be with me 9 years ago. Yeah, we still togedda! Back when I met him, not as many people were on the Internet (it was a more trusting time). Now I'm not sure I would trust anyone without knowing them for a lonnnng time.

First time you go out on one date, though, make sure you go someplace public and maybe only for coffee or lunch. That way if things don't work out, you won't be stuck with that person for any longer than necessary and you can still save face. I wouldn't go out to dinner with somebody on the first date...that can lead to too many expectations.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
          Yeah, I met my kane through a chatroom...he was in Pennsylvania and I was here in Seattle. He moved out here to be with me 9 years ago. Yeah, we still togedda! Back when I met him, not as many people were on the Internet (it was a more trusting time). Now I'm not sure I would trust anyone without knowing them for a lonnnng time.

First time you go out on one date, though, make sure you go someplace public and maybe only for coffee or lunch. That way if things don't work out, you won't be stuck with that person for any longer than necessary and you can still save face. I wouldn't go out to dinner with somebody on the first date...that can lead to too many expectations.

Miulang
          Mahalo Miulang! I had fun today. The only problem was I put the age of men 45-50,damn...I had to accept that I ain't no young chic anymore real fast! I feel young, I am overweight(little bit)heheheh still, very sexy. My choices are limited to pot belly,balding and you know...Anythings better than being alone. Because Honolulu is small compared to other cities,add the fact that I was on T.V. several times, I can't post my picture. So, I've been chatting...seems some of them are over anxious to go drink coffee. I'm going to take my time for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
            Mahalo Miulang! I had fun today. The only problem was I put the age of men 45-50,damn...I had to accept that I ain't no young chic anymore real fast! I feel young, I am overweight(little bit)heheheh still, very sexy. My choices are limited to pot belly,balding and you know...Anythings better than being alone. Because Honolulu is small compared to other cities,add the fact that I was on T.V. several times, I can't post my picture. So, I've been chatting...seems some of them are over anxious to go drink coffee. I'm going to take my time for sure!
            Eh, no go limit yourself to guys your age...you going miss out! My kane way younger den me. More fun lidat, I tink!'Cause da guys your age kinda hohum...da younger guys more good fun anden.

Miulang

P.S. I dunno if you believe in astrology or not, but they say Capricorns get younger as they get older. That's why I think if you find one guy maybe around 40, you going get good fun!
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
              Eh, no go limit yourself to guys your age...you going miss out! My kane way younger den me. More fun lidat, I tink!'Cause da guys your age kinda hohum...da younger guys more good fun anden.

Miulang

P.S. I dunno if you believe in astrology or not, but they say Capricorns get younger as they get older. That's why I think if you find one guy maybe around 40, you going get good fun!
              I can't stop laughing....you should know, we have the same BD! Yeah, I do feel like I'm getting younger. Just two months ago, I felt like I was dying or going completely insane. Hmmm...younger guys? Wat my kids going think? They was mad when I got a boyfriend after two years after their dad died. Eh, dey get their life and I have mine now...I'll do what I want! Thank you Miulang!

Comment

i think match.com is one of the bigger dating sites. the problem with online dating services is that it is all a meat market. people decide mostly by the pictures you submit whether they want to hook up with you or not...

if you want to meet people fast in a short amount of time, look into speed dating.
                pre-dating...speed dating
                Fair and Balanced

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                  I can't stop laughing....you should know, we have the same BD! Yeah, I do feel like I'm getting younger. Just two months ago, I felt like I was dying or going completely insane. Hmmm...younger guys? Wat my kids going think? They was mad when I got a boyfriend after two years after their dad died. Eh, dey get their life and I have mine now...I'll do what I want! Thank you Miulang!
                  I tink your kids going be happy if dey see you happy. No need tell 'em how old da buggah stay be (as long as he not under 18! ). In fact, my kane look older den me because his hair stay gray already. Plenty kine guys like older women anyway. Dey no oni like da young ones. Dey appreciate da experience and dey usually no need worry dat da wahine going be high maintenance because when you get olda, you know it's not all about looks anyway. Plus, one younger guy going keep you hopping! Not going get time to go sit down on da couch and feel sorry for yourself. Get too many tings to see and do.

Miulang

Comment

eastTriver, mahalo for your suggestion but I'm in no hurry for speed dating. Actually, I really don't know what I want. Miulang, stop making me laugh so hard (went to the bathroom x3) and more confused! I had a dream last night about a younger guy...I woke all in sweats!hahaha I'll leave it to GOD to send somebody into my life. In the meantime I'm going to have fun looking at the pictures and chatting online. Some of these guys are pushy just to have coffee. Dey don't know it's Aunty Lynn of Chinatown. Whack,punch, KNOCK-OUT! Then again, I can be sweet as sugar,give meals and love rolled into one from morning to night. I'll cater to the right man when he comes along.....heheheheheh

Update: eh, do you realize that it costs $19.95 - $ 39.95 for services to meet someone? Damn, they should be paying me...I'm a great catch! No wonder theres a lot of people just sitting at the malls,acting like they're shopping, by the bus stops, etc. They all looking for Mr./Ms. Right! I told MAMA to get ready...we're gonna go out today and sit (cough,cough) somewhere. I'll put on a beautiful SMILE and act DAINTY.HAHAHAHAHA

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE,TALK TO YOU LATERS!
                    Last edited by 1stwahine; January 21, 2005, 09:32 AM. Reason: update:

Comment

Working...
                    X