Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malasadas on Oahu and Big Island

Greetings.....

A friend of mine will be travelling to Oahu and the Big Island in the next little while and I have been telling him all about Malasadas.... Where should I recommend him to go.. Any suggestions for the "best" malasadas ?

Thanks
    Always dreaming about Hawai'i ... :cool: :) :D :eek:

Re: Malasadas on Oahu and Big Island

Originally posted by eritouma
    Greetings.....

A friend of mine will be travelling to Oahu and the Big Island in the next little while and I have been telling him all about Malasadas.... Where should I recommend him to go.. Any suggestions for the "best" malasadas ?

Thanks

Leonard's
    Kapa WHO? Lou!

check it out:

http://www.wizardpub.com/oahu/oahrest.html

Comment

Originally posted by eritouma
      Greetings.....

Thanks
      On the Hilo side, Tex's in Honokaa is the place for Malasadas. They are a little desner than Leonard's but still really good.
      I am Jack's absent signature.

Comment

Are they going to be here thisweekend? Probably not, I guess. A pity, since the Punahou Carnival is on, and their malasadas are highly regarded. (The price is doubled this year, though, as part of a tsunami relief fundraising effort.)

Comment

I have a deep fondness for Champion Malassadas on Beretania Street between McCully and Punahou. Or is that Isenberg and McCully?

And as I've mentioned before, you can't beat the price at Kamehameha Bakery. The sugary yummies aren't as good as Leonard's or Champion, but they're something like thirty-five cents per.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

By far the Champion Bakery is the best. The baker there who owns the shop used to work for Leonard's on Kapahulu before moving to Kalihi on North King street. He then moved to Beretania.

But if you can wait for the Kamehameha School's Hoolaulea at Bishop Muesum you have to try the KSBE's Band Booster club's Malasada's. We take malasadas to a science and make it the best (as good as Champion's). Every year we have long lines of the good stuff. The secret is letting the dough rise just right then weighing them and using good cooking oil. But for consistant good texture, you gotta hold the batch deep down in the vat and pull them up and out. If you cook them by floating them on the top and flipping them over, you will get soggy oily malasadas.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Thanks to all who have helped so far.... I am going to pass this info on to him and I am sure he'll try all the places mentioned... He is actually planning on going next month... Thanks again and I can't wait to try them again myself...
              Always dreaming about Hawai'i ... :cool: :) :D :eek:

Comment

Just finished off a bag of the Punahou carnival malassadas and they were very
                onolicious! They are a bargain even thought they raised the prices this year to
                50 cents each! Champions have my vote when I can't get carnival style
                malassadas.
                Retired Senior Member

Comment

March 1 is Malasada Day in Hawaii | Business | kitv.com

Malasada day is March 1.

Comment

Working...
                  X