Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlestar Galactica

Originally posted by helen
    SciFi would normally start their season in June not August.
    So does that mean BSG season 3 will start this June? I certainly hope so, if the cliffhanger is going to be anything like the end of season 1 cliffhanger. After watching the first part of the season finale, it looks like it could be.

Comment

My mistake, for 2005 they started off in July, not June. I suppose we would know a better date after the March 10 airing of Battlestar Galactica.

Comment

The 90 minute season 2 finale just finished airing. During the ending credits it said that it will return in October.

For the epsiode itself:

I got the funny feeling that time on New Caperia was a dream sequence for Balter but I could be wrong.

Comment

Just got through watching my tape of the part 2 on the season finale. All I have to say I'd be bummed if the item in the previous spoiler turned out to be true. The ending sets up a great premise for what could lie ahead. The episode itself ought to be nominated for an Emmy or at least a Hugo.

The only bummer of the whole thing is the October beginning for the 3rd season. I guess that gives the producers time to write good stories, get it on tape and present the fans with an unbroken season that runs all the way through March or April of 2007.

And hopefully they'll repackage the season 2 DVD set into one complete set instead of this 2.1 marketing crap they recently passed off. I am waiting for a full set.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Been reading over at Aintitcool.com about BSG. Evidentially, the whole resistance arc will only last 4-5 episode bfore they're back searching for Earth. Sounds like an appropriate length.

I must say though that I thought that the season ender felt sloppier than previous episodes this season. However, when the that final 20 minutes arrived...holy frikkin cow...that was something completely unexpected. As ballsy as it gets on TV. Far ballsier than Tony Sporano get a lead sandwich from Junior.

Some people are speculating that it's some sort of dream, but I beg to differ. This is the real deal.

No lie when they say it's the best show on TV.

I am looking forward to Doctor Who. Hopefully, you'll be able to download it on iTunes.

Comment

Reviving this thread to happily report that the wife and I sat down and watched the original four-hour miniseries that spawned the current series.

We enjoyed it quite a bit, and were wonderfully surprised at some of the gutsy moves, and I was surprised by how much I still learned despite having thought I was "caught up" with Season 2. I didn't know Sharon's identity was known from the beginning, or that Lee had a brother (and that he and Starbuck had a history), for example. The number of details from the miniseries that carried over into the full series are pretty remarkable, making a surprisingly seamless continuum.

Was it already known, when the miniseries was produced, that there'd be a full series? I thought it was the success of the miniseries that spawned the full series (that was otherwise only a possibility), but it sure feels like the creators knew where they were going to go.

As to where things stand at the end of Season 2... I'm still impressed at the chance the creators took with the "flash forward." They just skipped a period of time greater than the timeline of the series to date, and there's a lot of new developments that are begging for explanations... or, perhaps, "LOST"-style flashbacks.

Comment

I think the series was green lighted after the mini-series was produced but before it was aired. But I suspect that the producers knew it had a good chance of becoming a series given that original series ran at least a season.

Comment

Yeah, best show! Can't wait til the new Season starts!!!

Comment

According to a promo on the Sci-Fi Channel last night, the new season for Battlestar Galactica starts October 6.

Comment

Apple has put up another "Battlestar Galactica" freebie in iTunes: Inside Battlestar Galactica - Season Two. Meanwhile, I'm still enjoying bits and pieces of the reruns.

ETA: Oops. This is the same documentary they put online months and months ago. Nevermind!

Comment

As posted in the iTunes Freebies thread...

Okay, now there's a new, free, up-until-now recap special available on iTunes: Battlestar Galactica - The Story So Far.
                        Before all new episodes of the Battlestar Galactica arrive on October 6th, don’t miss the chance to relive the entire first and second seasons as Sci Fi turns over 30 action packed hours into one 44 minute adventure. This exclusive special traces mankind’s fight for survival back to Battlestar Galactica’s rebirth as a ground breaking miniseries, and follows the last of humanity as they struggle to outrun their relentless enemy. Narrated by Mary McDonnell, Battlestar Galactica: The Story So Far is an essential look inside the events and people that define life on the edge of extinction. Whether a series fan, or first time viewer, this special will leave you up to date and prepared for the premiere of the third epic season of Battlestar Galactica, October 6th.
                        If you're curious at all about the show but fear trying to catch up, these specials are always a great place to start. The last one helped me jump in mid-season.

Comment

Season 3 starts this Friday at 6:00 pm (HST) on the Sci-Fi Channel. It's a 2 hour episode in case you want to tape it. If you miss it another one airs at 8:00 pm.

Comment

Okay it's not a dream sequence.

I guess the Cylons are not above killing each other, which doesn't solve anything since they can be resurrected.

Comment

Was a great episode and I am happy the New Caprica is not a dream sequence but another part of the continuing storyline that echoed a lot of stuff including terrorism and possible Nazi style executions.
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

The season opener was..... chilling. And brilliant. How is it this show keeps getting better?

Comment

Working...
                                X