Battlestar Galactica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlestar Galactica

I suspect if the strike was just limited to the refinement ship Adama wouldn't have threaten to shoot Cally since that ship was a civilian ship. Since the Galactica's deck crew decided to join in the strike they basically wasn't following orders.

Comment

I really, really liked this episode... though yeah, upon deeper scrutiny I found myself a bit confused. As my wife said, "When Gaius Baltar starts making sense... you know something is wrong."

Threatening to shoot Cally seemed a bit extreme, though I guess the rules for military service differ from those for civilians (i.e. the folks on the refining ships). But it sounds like Adama could have made the same point without the threat... especially since the end result was the sit-down chat with Madame President, which ultimately created what we assume will be a productive relationship.

That aside, though, everything from showing the "dirty jobs" in the fleet to the sad tale of Danny Moon (the engineer-not-farmer) to Seelix's promotion was well done.

Comment

What a strange episode. One would figure Starbuck's destiny would lead the fleet to Earth not have her trashing her Viper on some planet.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
          What a strange episode. One would figure Starbuck's destiny would lead the fleet to Earth not have her trashing her Viper on some planet.
          I'm wondering if this is a lead up to [spoilery speculation]
          a reveal that Starbuck is one of the final 5 cylons or possibly a red herring to lead poeple to wonder if she's gonna wake up in one of the cylon rebirth bathtubs. I'm leaning towards the latter and that the storm swirl is supposed to represent the swirl pattern on the temple and that Starbuck drew and she's gonna find herself not crushed and sploded to death but transported somewhere that will give her more clues on their path to finding Earth.
          Last edited by helen; March 4, 2007, 09:39 PM. Reason: adding indent tags to make the spoilers work

Comment

She's gone.

Click here

more

This was the first of the last 4 shows for season 3.
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Hey Adri

Don't worry about spoilers. Looks like only four of us are keeping this thread alive. LOL

I definitely don't think Starbuck is dead. From a writing standpoint, it would seem odd to build up the fact that she has a "destiny" that needs to come to light....only to say naaahhhhhhh, let's blow you up.

They lept showing her hand going for the ejection handles, so I think she ejected and was picked up by that Cylon Raider in the clouds. If you recorded this episode, go back to when Apollo says "I got visual" on Starbuck...you'll see the Cylon Raider shoot off into the clouds just before he looks up and sees Starbucks Viper......so the Raider was actually from Apollo's perspective this time.

Hopefully they'll bring her back soon.

DD
              Last edited by DiverDown808; March 4, 2007, 10:25 PM.
              www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

heh, ok DiverDown808 *g*

Originally posted by mel View Post
                She's gone.

Click here

more

This was the first of the last 4 shows for season 3.
                I dunno, the first article seems to leave room for other possibilities.

Comment

You know that Oscar moment at the end of the episode? When a distraught Adama suddenly crushes and destroys the delicate model ship? Two interesting facts about that scene:
                  • It was improvised by Edward James Olmos.
                  • It wasn't a cheap, crushable prop. It was a valuable museum piece.
                  Listen to the latest podcast (MP3) for the details.

Comment

I'm leaning toward a Cylon rebirth. And it will have something to do with the child she thought she had mothered.
                    Burl Burlingame
                    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                    honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

• Re: Battlestar Galactica

FYI, "Battlestar Galactica" airs an hour earlier tonight on Oceanic Cable and I suspect on other cable and satellite systems due to the DST change.

7:00 pm on SCI FI; Repeat @ 9:00 pm.

As I was catching up with the latest podcast this afternoon, I suddenly realized that the "latest" version iTunes downloaded for me was of the episode that airs tonight... pre-trial for Baltar, a cat, and a bomber.
                      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

A kleptomaniac lawyer who wears sunglasses indoors who knows Lee's grandfather. Yeah Balter is going to have an interesting trial.

Is Balter only being charged with things he did during the time at New Capira?

Comment

Ok, I mised the Sunday airing so I had to wait for the re-airing....so I didn't read this thread until I watched it.

Not a terribly interesting episode for me.

I'm getting tired of these Hanibal Lechter type characters. Despite the accent, all I could think about was Anthony Hopkins everytime the lawyer had a scene.

And I really don't like where this is going. Apollo is going to help the lawyer defend Baltar. Why ? Because he beleives in the right to a fair jury ? He's fixated on the lawyer because he knew his grandfather ? He's looking for something to distract him from thinking about the alleged death of Starbuck ?

Who knows......and unfortunately I found myself not caring.

Am I the only one that thinks they need to drop this storyline and go back to landing on strange new planets, meeting strange aliens, Tigh having sex with female aliens.............wait, I'm thinking Star Trek. Never mind

DD
                          www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

Somehow this series haven't encountered any aliens and I am kind of wondering if these guys would get bent out of shape if they did encountered any intelligent alien life forms.

Comment

Spoilers for tonight's ep. Surprise upon surprise.
                              I suspected that the trial would turn out that way, that Starbuck would reappear, and also that there were other cylons in the fleet but I had no idea who the new cylons would be. I wonder if making the cylons with human emotions and making the sleeper cylons were a mistake on the part of the cylons. The one true sleeper cylon (Sharon) sided with the humans over the cylons and at least initially it seems that the 4 new sleeper cylons are doing the same. In the beginning, it seemed that the Boomer cylon had no control over doing certain things she had been programmed to do but the Caprica Sharon cylon seems to be able to defy the cylons (unless they preprogrammed her but it hasn't kicked in yet).

Comment

And they only showed 4 new supposedly new Cylons assuming it is not a mind game played upon on those 4 people.

The bummer part is that we have to wait until sometime in 2008 for the next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X