Battlestar Galactica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Battlestar Galactica

What a great season finale. You can tell they wrote it with the understanding that it could've been the end of the entire series. Glad it wasn't... and now I'm trying to deal with the fact that the rest of the story won't come until 2008. Ugh!

So, we met four of the five, yes? (Great scene.) Did they already "out" the fifth? It can't be Kara.

Comment

Four of the five were on the Gallactica. The fifth could be on another ship, or....................so many possibilities.

I can't beleive we have to wait until 2008 for the saga to continue. AAArrrrrghhhhhhhhhh

DD
      www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

I agree that this was a great season finale. And yes, it could have been the end of the series too... but luckily it was renewed for a full 22 episode run. The only bad thing is we have to wait until next year.

It was interesting that some of the most loyal people on BG are Cylons.

Is Baltar a Cylon?
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I don't think Kara or Baltar are cylons. DiverDown808: When you say 4 of the 5 were revealed, do you mean the final five cylons? I am not clear that the 4 that were revealed in this ep are actually part of the final 5 cylons as opposed to just cylons that weren't revealed until now. I am curious about which cylon was the one that D'anna didn't expect to see among the final five.

Comment

It's all over the net today. Battlestar Galactica will be ending during its 22-episode run of Season 4 next year. The first new episode will premiere in November with the rest of the season to follow in early 2008.

Story link: http://slashdot.org/articles/07/06/01/1450248.shtml

I think it will be a good thing for this great show to end when it will. The end is coming on the call of the show's producers and not the network it airs on. It's just like Babylon 5 of years gone by, where the producers and writer had a 5-year plan for their story arc and got the show completed and resolved in that time.

Hooray for Battlestar Galactica!
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
              Hooray for Battlestar Galactica!
              Still, it would be nice if they could make it 5 years.
              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

I think for an arc show 4 to 5 years is just about right. People want storylines to resolve fairly quickly and not stretch out for too long. I think "Lost" may be going for a little too long. Plus it is cheaper for me if a good show like "Battlestar Galactica" will end at 4 years, because I won't have to buy too many DVDs to get the entire story run.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

So now you have to contemplate the ending of the series storyline.........

I don't think they'll find earth. That way, they have the choice to make a motion picture with the continuing storyline.

Of course, they can always land in Iran and.........naaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

Love this show. Very sad to see it end.

DD
                  www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

Considering that the original series got the axe after one season and another attempt a couple of years later for less than a season, this version ending after 4 seasons and on their terms seems to be a milestone of sorts.

Comment

According to the Sci-Fi channel there will be a sneak peak of Battlestar Galactica during the July 10 airing of Eureka.

Comment

While watching the Sci-Fi channel tonight they had a preview for Battlestar Galactica: Razor to be aired on November 24. It suppose to cover the first Cylon War and Battlestar Pegasus's experience during the initial attack of the second war.

Comment

Last night's peek of Razor had showed a space battle during the first Cylon war, and the Cylons were using the spacecraft in the style of the original Battlestar Galactica series from 1978.

Comment

There are new "mini-sodes" of 2 minutes each being aired during "Flash Gordon" on Fridays. They have to do with the young Bill Adama. I think they may be available on the sci-fi website after they air.

Comment

I wonder if it's a sign of our decreasing attention span that we now have 2 minute episodes. It's sort of tricky burying it in Flash Gordon so that people will hopefully watch Flash Gordon if they want to catch the Razor eps. I don't think 2 minutes is long enough to get any good story line momentum, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                                I wonder if it's a sign of our decreasing attention span that we now have 2 minute episodes. It's sort of tricky burying it in Flash Gordon so that people will hopefully watch Flash Gordon if they want to catch the Razor eps. I don't think 2 minutes is long enough to get any good story line momentum, though.
                                Naw I think it's just a breadcrumb to wet our appetites for November. I require more more BSG myself!

Comment

Working...
                                X