Motherly Instinct...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motherly Instinct...

ALOHA! Having three kids in the Military has not been easy. Since they were little, I know whether they are ok or in danger. Being a parent you just know. My son almost died in Iraq twice. He called me on Feb. 4th. I knew something occurred but he didn't tell me. I found out tonight on the news. It's bitter cold in Afganistan now, I too, feel the cold. Any mothers or fathers out there know what I'm talking about? No, not about Afganistan ********, MOTHERLY (fatherly too) INSTINCT! Eh, if you get time check out my post today at hawaiistories.com/lynn about more of this...talk story to ya laters!
    Last edited by 1stwahine; February 8, 2005, 08:27 PM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Motherly Instinct...

I can't imagine what it would be like to have three kids in the military. May God keep them safe, especially your son in Iraq. I hope he'll be coming home soon and wasn't recently deployed.
    * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
    - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Originally posted by U'ilani
      I can't imagine what it would be like to have three kids in the military. May God keep them safe, especially your son in Iraq. I hope he'll be coming home soon and wasn't recently deployed.
      U'ilani, Mahalo for your kind words. My son and daughter are out of Iraq. He deployed to Afganistan with his new unit out of Schofield and comes back in May. My youngest may be deployed to Iraq, which I pray to GOD that she doesn't. I think our family has given enough sacrafices...it's making me NUTS!

Comment

Dear 1st Wahine: I have four grown "kids" but none of them are in the military.
        My husband's cousin has two sons who are in the Hawaii National Guard and just
        got sent to Iraq. I cannot imagine your stress level. When my kids were younger I used to worry about when they went out cruising around in a car!
        Please keep the faith, we can only hope that peace will prevail over all of our military men and women who are abroad...where ever they may be. I realize it's unrealistic sometimes to think that "bad" things only happen to the other guys...but chin up! Hang Tough gal!
        Retired Senior Member

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X