Ahoy hoy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahoy hoy

Hi everybody, just wanted to introduce myself before I started posting.

My name is Amber, and I live in Kalihi, was born and raised here. I just found this place late last night and thought it was really cool that there was a forum for Hawaii. I go to a lot of message boards, but I rarely get to talk to people from here, or I usually am the only person who is from Hawaii, I get lonely not having people to talk to.

Um, let's see, I'm a student at HCC, I really need to learn how to drive and get out around the islands more, I love playing video games a little too much, I have a lot of dogs (they rock, cats, too), Dog the Bounty Hunter and The Simpsons are cool shows, and I love watching Rainbow Wahine Volleyball. Have watched since Robin Ah-Mow Santos played when I was in about 4th or 5th grade.

Anyway, I hope to post here regularly, and learn a lot of things from all you wise people here!
    myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Re: Ahoy hoy

Originally posted by kupomog
    Hi everybody, just wanted to introduce myself before I started posting.

aloha and welcome!

Comment

Aloha e Amber! Welcome to the 'Threads.

The Simpsons? HomestarRunner? I think we'll get along fine! I also see a Fanfic link in your sig line... are you an author, or just an appreciator?

I know what you mean. I'm a member of dozens of forums, but they're dedicated to specific topics - technology, gadgetry, relationships - and most of the time, I'm just the "token" non-Continental member. You know, the one who has to remind everyone else that there are more time zones to the west of PST, that there is a state further south than Florida, and that describing the Mainland as "the states" is really annoying.

A student at HCC? Studying anything in particular, or just getting a head start toward a four-year program? Hopefully Helen here will introduce herself... he's practically a campus institution!

Glad to have you here, and post away!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        HomestarRunner? I think we'll get along fine!

uhhh, whuddappened to my web site?
        the system izz down, yo!

hey. the tapeleg is cool, but knifin around with spaceghost, bjork and tom yorke iz da bomb. yo.
        Last edited by kimo55; February 9, 2005, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
          I also see a Fanfic link in your sig line... are you an author, or just an appreciator?
          I wish I was an author. Just an appreciator. I usually only read things related to subjects I enjoy, but I'm trying to branch out a little more.

You know, the one who has to remind everyone else that there are more time zones to the west of PST, that there is a state further south than Florida, and that describing the Mainland as "the states" is really annoying.
          Yeah, it gets to me sometimes. I spend a lot of time dodging really stupid, common questions like "You have highways in Hawaii?" or "How do you get plumbing in your hut?" or "It takes you an hour to get somewhere on an island?" I take it in stride, but sometimes I really just wanna reach through the computer screen and give people a slap.

A student at HCC? Studying anything in particular, or just getting a head start toward a four-year program? Hopefully Helen here will introduce herself... he's practically a campus institution!
          I need medical coverage, heh. I dropped out of high school and got my GED, and I decided to go straight to HCC as soon as I was issued the diploma. So I enrolled in Spring 2004's session but I didn't do so hot in my classes. But I'm doing pretty well right now, I'm majoring in Liberal Arts (I'm mostly interested in art, I'm taking an intro to painting class). I'm hoping to go to the UH someday, trying to take things slowly so I don't do what I did in high school.
          myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Aloha and Welcome to Hawai'i Threads Ohana!
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
            X