The impending war with Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The impending war with Iran

The Iranians HATE Israel with a passion that comes from thousands of years of salivation of this hate. not a stretch to imagine Israel being struck first, again and as they did before when they were struck first, winning.

Israel wins wars with nations that are dayum determined that she, as a country will cease to exist. Not with people that simply wish they could co-exist with her as a nation. I think I'd be ready to pounce first, too if I knew of someone that was determined to destroy me and push me into oblivion.

Your expected war isn't hard to imagine. With us or without us, Iran and Israel will be at war someday. Seems now's a ripe time.
    Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
      The Iranians HATE Israel with a passion that comes from thousands of years of salivation of this hate. not a stretch to imagine Israel being struck first, again and as they did before when they were struck first, winning.

Israel wins wars with nations that are dayum determined that she, as a country will cease to exist. Not with people that simply wish they could co-exist with her as a nation. I think I'd be ready to pounce first, too if I knew of someone that was determined to destroy me and push me into oblivion.

Your expected war isn't hard to imagine. With us or without us, Iran and Israel will be at war someday. Seems now's a ripe time.
      There are some winds of change blowing over Israel too, in a small way. The figurehead President of Israel had to resign due to some sexual indiscretions (sound familiar? ) and his successor, Shimon Peres, says he is a man of peace who will do everything in his power to try to bring peace to that part of the world (partly by giving back some of the occupied territories).

Unfortunately, he has very little power as President of Israel. He definitely had more power during the 3 times when he was Prime Minister. The neat thing about him, though, is he was around in politics when Israel was first created, so he has lived its history from the very beginning. He is also a recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize.

The rabble in Iran are also restive about Ahmadinejahd. Many Iranians don't like him because he hasn't really helped the country move forward. We're quietly spending money over there (U$ bucks) helping to fund dissidents in the hopes that they can eventually overthrow the current government so we don't have to. There have also been reports that the Christians in Action have been scouting around in Iran periodically.

Miulang
      Last edited by Miulang; July 22, 2007, 08:58 PM.
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

(partly by giving back some of the occupied territories)."

Yep, huge mistake, absolute stupidity to give land for peace, as if that could or would ever work! Hoping that there are still more Israelis that know better, than that support him in this.

Bullies have attacked Israel at unprovoked times. What was that about wanting to co-exist peacefully?! It's a lie, and israel will continually be attacked because many people from many countries support this attempt at "driving her into the sea" to never exist anymore.

One does not get peace by giving a bully what it wants. This inspires the bully to salivate, wanting more, just like the schoolyard kid must pounce the bully instead of handing over his lunch money.

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
          (partly by giving back some of the occupied territories)."

Yep, huge mistake, absolute stupidity to give land for peace, as if that could or would ever work! Hoping that there are still more Israelis that know better, than that support him in this.

Bullies have attacked Israel at unprovoked times. What was that about wanting to co-exist peacefully?! It's a lie, and israel will continually be attacked because many people from many countries support this attempt at "driving her into the sea" to never exist anymore.

One does not get peace by giving a bully what it wants. This inspires the bully to salivate, wanting more, just like the schoolyard kid must pounce the bully instead of handing over his lunch money.
          But if Israel really wanted to go to war with any country in the Middle East, it does have nuclear capability (which Iran supposedly doesn't have yet, and neither does any other Arab country except Pakistan, and WE gave Pakistan that technology) and a boatload of money from supporters in this country. The Israelis are suffering from the same frustrations that we have about being in the Middle East after their "losses" last year. They are worried that their youth are getting too soft...they have many "legal" draft dodgers now; their armed forces are mostly made up of youths from the Kibbutzim. because the kids in the cities don't want to fight and find ways to get excused from serving in the Israeli Armed Forces.

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
            The rabble in Iran are also restive about Ahmadinejahd. Many Iranians don't like him because he hasn't really helped the country move forward.
            In addition, they dislike their resources being used in Lebanon more than our liberals don't like having troops in Iraq, etc.

We're quietly spending money over there (U$ bucks) helping to fund dissidents in the hopes that they can eventually overthrow the current government so we don't have to.
            Iran probably has the most diverse, uncoordinated, useless, disagreeable mass of dissident groups in the world. The last Shah's son appears to be patiently waiting for the US State Department to hand him the Peacock Throne on a silver platter. The MKO is a cultish terrorist group that fought alongside Iraqi troops during the Iran Iraq war, which galvanized the current religious government's hold on Iran; the Iranian majority would never trust them, and with good cause. Iran's one true shot at democracy was tragically taken by Operation Ajax in 1953.

A multitude of dissident groups coming from many angles (many not religious) took part in the events leading to 1979, but the religious powers floated to the top like so much flotsam. So people there are very disillusioned toward revolutions. Hopefully a charismatic figure bent on real democracy will bring everyone together in that country, but I'm not holding my breath; that possibility was already quashed by Mossadeq's house arrest a half a century ago. If only Reza Shah I had followed Ataturk's example.

There have also been reports that the Christians in Action have been scouting around in Iran periodically.

Miulang
            Christianity hasn't been the only source of prosthelyzers in Iran.
            Last edited by Vanguard; July 23, 2007, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Heehee! By "Christians in Action", I meant our operatives, but I do like that picture.

Miulang

Comment

Thank God that Israel has nuclear capabilities! they are gonna need them. I even wonder, I have to....if that's the fire that falls from the sky, dang I hope that's where I read about it, in Ezekiel 38 & 39, where it says that Iran and a few other allies will attack Israel, and the invading/attacking army will be destroyed in the specific amount of five-sixths of them. I'm watching this one cuz I even have a couple of friends that are gonna admit the truth of the bible when this one happens, such a dang specific prophecy.

How did a bible author know thousands of years ago....to write something that went in the Old Testament, that Iran would indeed be allied with other countries and hate Israel? the biblical name of Iran was Persia, and it's written that they will. Hmmm....

Comment

• Who needs a war with Iran...

When we have the potential to inadvertently poison half of our own country by mistake if there was an accident? Turns out that an Air Force B-52 bomber had 6 armed Cruise missiles strapped onto its wings for a flight between North Dakota and Louisiana.

...The plane took the cruise missiles from Minot Air Force Base to Barksdale Air Force Base for decommissioning Thursday, the Air Force said.

"This is a major gaffe, and it's going to cause some heads to roll down the line," said Don Shepperd, a retired Air Force major general and military analyst for CNN.

Shepperd said the United States had agreed in a Cold War-era treaty not to fly nuclear weapons. "It appears that what happened was this treaty agreement was violated," he said.

The warheads should have been removed from the missiles before they were attached to the B-52 bomber, according to military officials.

...Military officials told CNN that the incident was a major breach of security rules surrounding nuclear weapons. One official said that he could not recall anything similar happening.

The Air Force announced that all flights of fighters and bombers in the United States will be halted on September 14 to allow for a review of procedures.

Once the mistake was discovered, the Air Force immediately began an inventory of all of its nuclear weapons, a military official said.

Maj. Gen. Douglas Raaberg, director of Air and Space Operations at the Air Combat Command in Langley, Virginia, has been ordered to investigate how the nuclear-tipped missiles were flown across the country without anyone knowing, officials said.

The squad commander responsible for the munitions has been relieved of duty, and several others have been "decertified" from handling nuclear weapons, officials said.

A military official told CNN there was no nuclear risk to public safety because the weapons were not armed. Officials believe that if the plane had crashed or the missiles somehow had fallen off the wings, the warheads would have remained inert and there would have been no nuclear detonation, though conventional explosive material in the warhead could have detonated.

Military officials also say the missiles could not have been launched because of multiple security procedures required to be enacted before any launch would have been authorized.

Shepperd agreed with military officials that the situation could not have caused a nuclear detonation.

But he added, "Any time you have nuclear material on board, if the airplane crashes, nuclear material can be spread in the immediate area of the crash, so you get radioactivity in the immediate area of the crash
                  Miulang

Comment

• bUSrael$ Crusade on Persians and Arabs

bUSrael$ Crusade on Persians and Arabs
                    Bush urges U.N. to spread freedom http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070925/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush

Freedumb's greatest warrior clan CheneyBush is talking about "spreading freedom" again.

USraeli Air Forces' munitions must be getting stale again being as some such weapons have been in storage since the CheneyBush clan restocked the shelves they had cleared to spread their freedumb over Iraq in OIL, Operation Iraqi Liberation. The Freedumb Clan must have felt fortunate indeed to have been able to purge their stale missile and munitions storage by shipping them to Isrealhell for spreading freedumb in Isrealhell's most recent war crimes perpetrated on Lebanon.

Spewing freedumb while pointing at Myanmar, the Freedumb Clan preps for riding shotgun for Isrealhell's march (ie, bombing missions/campaign) over the Middle East (i.e., Greater IsrealHell) following the real, yet to materialize, Holocaust which USraeli$ are far to happy to initiate in their pursuit of self-fulfilling prophecy.

Comment

Seems that a new intelligence study has just popped Dubya's and Israel's dream of bombing Iran to smithereens:

A new assessment by American intelligence agencies concludes that Iran halted its nuclear weapons program in 2003 and that the program remains on hold, contradicting an assessment two years ago that Tehran was working inexorably toward building a bomb.

The conclusions of the new assessment are likely to be a major factor in the tense international negotiations aimed at getting Iran to halt its nuclear energy program. Concerns about Iran were raised sharply after President Bush had suggested in October that a nuclear-armed Iran could lead to "World War III," and Vice President Dick Cheney promised "serious consequences" if the government in Tehran did not abandon its nuclear program.

The finding also come in the middle of a presidential campaign during which a possible military strike against Iran's nuclear program has been discussed. The assessment, a National Intelligence Estimate that represents the consensus view of all 16 American spy agencies, states that Tehran's ultimate intentions about gaining a nuclear weapon remain unclear, but that Iran's "decisions are guided by a cost-benefit approach rather than a rush to a weapon irrespective of the political, economic and military costs."
                      Miulang

Comment

Working...
                      X