Gravyburgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gravyburgers

In Hilo a big staple on any drive-in menu is the gravyburger( a hamburger w/ gravy). My kid brother who has lived on O'ahu for 12 years always eats it when he vists because he says he can't find it on O'ahu ANYWHERE. Is there a place on O'ahu where he can find it?
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: Gravyburgers

I discovered gravyburgers soon after I moved to Hilo and had them regularly (they were so inexpensive!). It's been ten years since I moved back to Oahu and I have NEVER seen them anywhere here. My friends had never heard of them either, until I mentioned them the first time.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Are you talking about HAMBURGER STEAKS? Hamburger patties with brown gravy over it with fried onions or mushrooms on top if you like? Hambururger Steaks is available at all LOCAL RESTURANTS!
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

No. Gravyburgers are hamburgers with the patty dipped in gravy....ono!
        They even make one with cheese.

Flickr

Comment

I've never had one, so I was wondering -- wouldn't the gravy make the buns all soggy?

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
            I've never had one, so I was wondering -- wouldn't the gravy make the buns all soggy?
            It's not enough to drown the bun...just enough to soak up the rich taste.

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
              No. Gravyburgers are hamburgers with the patty dipped in gravy....ono!
              They even make one with cheese.
              Being a cook, I would assume that the hamburger patty is prep as usually. gravy as usually too but instead of putting it on a plate, dip hamburger in gravy (not to sauggy) and put on bun? Kinda sounds like a pot roast beef sand that I used to serve. Hmmm, interesting, gonna try that one tomarrow! Must go well with BIG FRIES WITH SKIN ON TOP. ono!
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
              X